Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Hopefully the iPhone 6 has band 41. If not then I am jumping ship to a different carrier. Verizon , ATT and T mobile have great speeds without a need for this triband stuff. Sprint cant expect me to change phones every time they upgrade their network... :blink:

• Like 1

Hopefully the iPhone 6 has band 41. If not then I am jumping ship to a different carrier. Verizon , ATT and T mobile have great speeds without a need for this triband stuff. Sprint cant expect me to change phones every time they upgrade their network... :blink:

Great speeds mean nothing if you go over your data cap watching youtube videos. I am sure Sprint begged Apple left and right to put b41 in the 6. If it is not, may have to switch to android next year when I have my upgrade. Most likely not, but its a high possibility.

Edit: I am sure they didn't have to beg. Apple wants to make money not loose it. B41 would be a huge selling point with Sprint Spark.

Why would you leave? Just get the 6. Even if its not triband, it'll be dual band and you will have b26 which is really only supported by about 5-10% of the phones on sprints network. 

Great speeds mean nothing if you go over your data cap watching youtube videos. I am sure Sprint begged Apple left and right to put b41 in the 6. If it is not, may have to switch to android next year when I have my upgrade. Most likely not, but its a high possibility.

Edit: I am sure they didn't have to beg. Apple wants to make money not loose it. B41 would be a huge selling point with Sprint Spark.

Why would you leave? Just get the 6. Even if its not triband, it'll be dual band and you will have b26 which is really only supported by about 5-10% of the phones on sprints network. 

Iphone 5C and 5S have Band 26. My wife has a 5S on sprint and she does not get better indorr coverage then I do. 

Iphone 5C and 5S have Band 26. My wife has a 5S on sprint and she does not get better indorr coverage then I do. 

Yes, I know but I figured you would want the most up to date iPhone, even if it only has b25 and b26. There is no b26 in brooklyn yet so you're both running on b25. When b26 shows up, it'll be comparable to verizon and art's indoor coverage.

Yes, I know but I figured you would want the most up to date iPhone, even if it only has b25 and b26. There is no b26 in brooklyn yet so you're both running on b25. When b26 shows up, it'll be comparable to verizon and art's indoor coverage.

This is where im confused. According to sprint NYC already has spark. I checked the coverage and all of Brooklyn is Spark. Spark means b25, b26, and b41 right?

That's really awesome! Btw, They say that the new iPhone 6 when it comes out will be take over all android devices. It is supposed to be pretty awesome.

Will it now. You have anything to back that up? Source? Links? Who is "They"? 

This is where im confused. According to sprint NYC already has spark. I checked the coverage and all of Brooklyn is Spark. Spark means b25, b26, and b41 right?

No Band 26 has been deployed yet in the NYC market. Unfortunately, Sprint screwed up their marketing of Spark. It really only refers to Band 41. There are only a few markets where Band 26 is currently live. Many more that are considered 'Spark' markets already.

When Band 26 goes live, your wife WILL notice it. It's amazing the difference it has made in Kansas City in terms of coverage, and also speeds since the Band 25 carriers were a little bogged down.

• Like 1

Will it now. You have anything to back that up? Source? Links? Who is "They"? 

No Band 26 has been deployed yet in the NYC market. Unfortunately, Sprint screwed up their marketing of Spark. It really only refers to Band 41. There are only a few markets where Band 26 is currently live. Many more that are considered 'Spark' markets already.

When Band 26 goes live, your wife WILL notice it. It's amazing the difference it has made in Kansas City in terms of coverage, and also speeds since the Band 25 carriers were a little bogged down.

Thanks for the clarification. Any idea when B26 will start to show up in NYC?

No specific timeline at this time. Soon though, likely by summer, if not sooner.

The whole NYC at one time? Or is it gonna be like the whole nv all over again where the techs need to come to each tower individually.???

Edited by LTEBrooklyn

The whole NYC at one time? Or is it gonna be like the whole nv all over again where the techs need to come to each tower individually.???

It will likely launch in clusters. So that would require must sites in an area to be complete first. So we still have to get there in some places.

But yes, it does require a sure visit in most cases. In this case though, several sites can be visited in one day. It should move quickly once they are able to start.

Sent from my Nexus 5

How is band 41 indoors? its 2500mhz which is gonna be even worse then the currect 1900mhz LTE no? 

The current Clearwire deployed sites are decent, slightly worse than the current 1900 NV, but the new 8r8r Antennas being installed  over the current sprint NV sites will be close to the current 1900 penetration, and before the end of this year, the rest of the clear sites will be replaced with these new panels.

I'm pretty sure it will be, iPhone 5S/5C is Dual band & why would they do that now? Spark's officially announced, they'd just lose money in the long run if the next iPhone was STILL dual band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a pleasant surprise last night while waiting for the train at 57 st station (Q/N/R line). There was LTE service inside the station where previously I was always roaming on Verizon. Looks like Sprint just started to turn on cell service inside the subway stations. Here is the speedtest from the inside.

Screenshot_2014-04-10-19-45-39.png

• Like 7

I had a pleasant surprise last night while waiting for the train at 57 st station (Q/N/R line). There was LTE service inside the station where previously I was always roaming on Verizon. Looks like Sprint just started to turn on cell service inside the subway stations. Here is the speedtest from the inside.

Finally! I wonder if they did Band 41 and Band 26 or if it is just PCS.

• Like 1

A quick glance at their site showed me that they have Band 26 and Band 25, but there is no Band 41. They tell you what bands they'd support online. That's actually insane. Shame it is expanding in Queens first, no offense to Queens. This would be really useful in Brooklyn, even if they only do it around downtown Brooklyn first.

• Like 2