Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Im not currently on a Framily plan, but my sister is...and she has no issues on youtube.

Well I'm not really too upset about it. It may have something to do with the location as it has only happen very few times in some places not everywhere. Most of the time is fine. Too many variables of what it could be (rf, modems, network, location, etc.). I am still very happy with the N5 and don't regret getting it. As for the network I wish we can fast forward to 2015 and enjoy what we are being promised. I have been with Sprint since I was inherited from nextel and I'm not going anywhere.

:-)

Looks like I might be back up and running today or tomorrow! Looks like that call solved eCSFB problems. My phone got eHRPD this morning and just now it connected to LTE for the first time since Friday. Although it did drop after a few seconds. My call to Sprint must've made them come out to fix the problem a bit faster.

Seems like they have yet to hook up backhaul yet as no data is going through just yet.

• Like 3

Looks like HD voice went live around my home...voice quality just got noticeably higher quality!

FYI, video quality is been horrendous as of late.

Btw, did anyone realize I was gone for so long???

Does HD Voice run on a specific MHZ?

What's up with the video quality degrading on LTE lately?

Is the iPhone 5s supported?

I don't know what you mean. As far as I know video over cellular always plays at 480p at its highest quality. WiFi lets you play at 720p/1080p.
  • Like 1

does anyone have a tri-band phone and work in downtown NYC? i work around city hall and LTE here is basically crap.

I don't spend my time that far downtown but LTE in lower Manhattan has improved recently. A string of sites downtown have gone live and I expect it to continue at a fairly rapid pace. Most of my time is spent in the Village and SoHo though, and in those areas my LTE operates very well, with the exception of one overloaded site.

• Like 1

uploadfromtaptalk1396890490974.jpg i was at the garden on a sold out concert, the last time i was there it was really slow 3g

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

does anyone have a tri-band phone and work in downtown NYC? i work around city hall and LTE here is basically crap.

I concur, it is crap. I was recently down there (two days ago) and was amazed that I was in such a dead zone and when i did have signal it was 3G. At least other areas are getting better, but downtown (i was at Fulton and Nassau) was a lost cause. 

TS

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1396890490974.jpg i was at the garden on a sold out concert, the last time i was there it was really slow 3g

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Woah! Last time I was there I had intermittent LTE pulling 1 Mbps and 3G was decent. Could Sprint have put a B41 DAS inside the arena.

Good News for my iPhone users to get you guys more pumped for the 6. evyqata9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really awesome! Btw, They say that the new iPhone 6 when it comes out will be take over all android devices. It is supposed to be pretty awesome.

Don't they say that every year? It's more like Apple is playing catch up these days. Android devices have the same build quality, app quality, and smoothness these days. And because it's open source, your apps tend to gavebmore functionality. Case and point: Sensorly.

• Like 1

Don't they say that every year? It's more like Apple is playing catch up these days. Android devices have the same build quality, app quality, and smoothness these days. And because it's open source, your apps tend to gavebmore functionality. Case and point: Sensorly.

lets not turn this into an iphone vs android piss fest.

• Like 2

Or you can be biased on Apple devices. :D

Or you can be biased on Apple devices. :D

I love Apple devices as much as anyone else. In fact, my next laptop is going to be a Macbook Pro. It's just that nothing sets the iPhone apart from other phones in my opinion.