Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

A quick glance at their site showed me that they have Band 26 and Band 25, but there is no Band 41. They tell you what bands they'd support online. That's actually insane. Shame it is expanding in Queens first, no offense to Queens. This would be really useful in Brooklyn, even if they only do it around downtown Brooklyn first.

Where do you see this information aside from Premier sponsors map? We need B26 and 1x800 everywhere in NYC. I live in Forest Hills Queens and the tower I used to connect to was on top of a hospital that went bankrupt 5 years ago. Since then the building has been abandoned but you can see Sprint towers on the roof but with no signal. I can barely hold a call for more than 5 minutes and I am not sure if Sprint will be relocating the towers at a different location (its been 5 years). At work, I have LTE towers right across the street and I can literally see the panels outside the office window. But the signal is too low to hold on to LTE because I am close to the 40th floor. B26 will be a blessing for people like me  :)

Where do you see this information aside from Premier sponsors map? We need B26 and 1x800 everywhere in NYC. I live in Forest Hills Queens and the tower I used to connect to was on top of a hospital that went bankrupt 5 years ago. Since then the building has been abandoned but you can see Sprint towers on the roof but with no signal. I can barely hold a call for more than 5 minutes and I am not sure if Sprint will be relocating the towers at a different location (its been 5 years). At work, I have LTE towers right across the street and I can literally see the panels outside the office window. But the signal is too low to hold on to LTE because I am close to the 40th floor. B26 will be a blessing for people like me  :)

There will be Band 26 LTE in the city with deployment likely occurring this summer. My comment was in reference to TransitWireless' LYe deployment. 1x800 is deployed throughout the city though. It may not be on every site, but it is very much live throughout most of the city.

• Like 1

Where is that hospital? The address? I want to check something.

• Like 1

Where is that hospital? The address? I want to check something.

It was called the Parkway hospital. The address and pictures are in the below article. You can see Sprint towers in the pictures.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20140122/forest-hills/former-parkway-hospital-becomes-eyesore-amid-uncertain-future

Something is up. My Band 41 signal that used to five me 40Mbps speed tests by my home, is now having trouble going above 10Mbps. It'll boost to 15 and then slow down significantly. I wonder what happened. I'll have to look into this a bit and do a bit more testing.

Just bought an s5 from the best buy on 23rd and 6th. Had lte right outside. And walked down to 14th and then back up to MSG. No lte after right outside best buy. Sad face. Have to play with it when I get home. Was hoping to get spark inside msg like someone mentioned. No such luck.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With regards to bands, is there any difference btwn a N5 purchased from Google Play vs from Sprint? Does either or both do all 3 bands?

Thx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

With regards to bands, is there any difference btwn a N5 purchased from Google Play vs from Sprint? Does either or both do all 3 bands?

Thx

Zero difference, they both possess the capability to do all three bands of LTE sprint offers. We haven't gotten the spark update yet though so they aren't enabled out of the box yet, hopefully its soon like sprint said(see the n5 thread for background information).

Zero difference, they both possess the capability to do all three bands of LTE sprint offers. We haven't gotten the spark update yet though so they aren't enabled out of the box yet, hopefully its soon like sprint said(see the n5 thread for background information).

will look for the thread. Thank you.

What are the estimates for 800 voice/LTE to be complete in ny?

800 LTE will likely start this summer and finish Q4 2014 or early next year as I am sure you can do multiple sites in a day. I have no idea about 800CDMA but a few sites are accepted every once in a while, likely more than has been reported to Robert. When we get those 800LTE updates, I think the workers will do CDMA at the same time.

• Like 1

lol Its actually south of Ozone Park.

And depending on how you look at it with the Mafia there in Ozone Park, it can be good or bad. lol

TS out (going into the witness protection program)

I was just laughing at it being called Ozone. Since Ozone is generally considered a bad thing (when it's not miles up in the atmosphere). For example, Ozone Alert days here in the Midwest are very bad things. 

Looks like transitwireless is finally making some progress on the underground train service for sprint. Got LTE on 7th ave station, 59th st Columbus circle, 72nd st, 81st, 86st and 96st full LTE...speeds average about 10mb sec.

Looks like transitwireless is finally making some progress on the underground train service for sprint. Got LTE on 7th ave station, 59th st Columbus circle, 72nd st, 81st, 86st and 96st full LTE...speeds average about 10mb sec.

Somebody mentioned this a while back. I connected to it last weekend too.

ATT vs Sprint in midtown Manhattan, during the middle of the day, 2 40pm taken a minute apart..

Also you will notice, ATT's signal was stronger than Sprints as well..

The power of B41..

download_20140423_144616.pngScreenshot_2014-04-23-14-40-23.png

I also have been noticing improved B25 performance lately, Seems like they are tweaking it, (averaging about 3-5mb sec in same area)

• Like 3

Yeah somebody mentioned 57th st, but it was turned on in quite a few more stations..

Oh I just assumed if it was in one station it'd be in all. I rode the 3 train from Brooklyn to the Bronx and picked up LTE in all of the stations that they have listed so the Phase One build out is complete. Next part is Manhattan expansion and Queens.

Oh I just assumed if it was in one station it'd be in all. I rode the 3 train from Brooklyn to the Bronx and picked up LTE in all of the stations that they have listed so the Phase One build out is complete. Next part is Manhattan expansion and Queens.

I would roam on Verizon on all those stations till yesterday, I still do roam on Verizon below 47-50th on the orange lines.