Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Finally got my first hit of B26 on 180th st off of Amsterdam ave. Signal was around -90dBm and speeds were btwn 4-7mb sec. Vs about 1mb on -77dBm on B25 same spot.

Very nice. As figured, Bronx is number 1 for the b26 switch

I picked up on confirmed band 26 on dyckman on the 1 line in Inwood, myself this morning and connected to all three panels broadcasting band 26 as it handed off on my active connection walking to the train this morning as well. I don't see how band 41 will be utilized efficietly when the other two bands propergate too well compared to TD LTE frequency.

B41 should be first to scan. You will mostly be on B41 outdoors, especially once they have it on all NV sites with 8r8r antennas. Also to balance load amongst the bands.

I picked up on confirmed band 26 on dyckman on the 1 line in Inwood, myself this morning and connected to all three panels broadcasting band 26 as it handed off on my active connection walking to the train this morning as well. I don't see how band 41 will be utilized efficietly when the other two bands propergate too well compared to TD LTE frequency.

B41 should be first to scan. You will mostly be on B41 outdoors, especially once they have it on all NV sites with 8r8r antennas. Also to balance load amongst the bands.

What he said. Additionally, Sprint will be doing small cell deployments of Band 41 which will provide even more coverage. Band 41 coverage will be roughly equal to Band 25 when outdoors. Band 25 and Band 26 complement each other very well. They'll alleviate capacity for each other meaning that your experience will be fast on either when you are connected, but as time goes on, you'll find yourself connected to Band 41 more often than not.

I was in lower Manhattan with my nexus 5 the other day With .15 radio and above city hall on Broadway lots of ecsfb on band 41 towers there. I was connected to the tower but searching for sprint signal. Was mapping with sensorly. I use that as an example of when I am using my One max, it will attempt to connect with band 41 go inactive and then drop back to band 25 after a few seconds. Just something I've observed in certain neighborhoods.

That's not the Bronx dammit!! I have a 212 area code!! :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

But the first sighting was in the Bronx, dont know if it came from Bx tower or from Manhattan too close to the border.

Hey S4GRU, uhm whats a DAS site? The Rollout Update for the week said theres a new DAS site, I was wondering what it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys i just got an lg g2 to try out. Im thrilled! Before at work i had 3g on my iphone 5. Now i have full bars of spark! Average speed is 40mb. Holy sh*t

It definitely makes a difference!

I can further confirm the spread of Band 26 in Lower Manhattan. I noticed that my phone was connected to LTE further inside my school than usual. As I opened up SignalCheck Pro I see that it says Sprint B26 in the notification drawer. As I was going for the screenshot I lost it. And I couldn't pick it back up. This was at Varick and Charlton.

Either many people are on 800MHz or there is a second PCS carrier active because I used to get 1-2Mbps down and pings in the 80's. Now I get speeds of 9Mbps and pings ranging from 28-36ms.

• Like 2

I can further confirm the spread of Band 26 in Lower Manhattan. I noticed that my phone was connected to LTE further inside my school than usual. As I opened up SignalCheck Pro I see that it says Sprint B26 in the notification drawer. As I was going for the screenshot I lost it. And I couldn't pick it back up. This was at Varick and Charlton.

Either many people are on 800MHz or there is a second PCS carrier active because I used to get 1-2Mbps down and pings in the 80's. Now I get speeds of 9Mbps and pings ranging from 28-36ms.

Does sprint have enough spectrum to deploy another 5x5 carrier in NYC? 

Does sprint have enough spectrum to deploy another 5x5 carrier in NYC? 

I'm not sure, but according to this Sprint has 40MHz of PCS in NYC. 30MHz of PCS D and 10MHz in PCS G.

They probably can't spare any of that for an additional LTE carrier yet. More people need to be shifted onto Spark/LTE devices first.

• Like 2

Finally got Native sprint LTE at the train station I use the most, 34th street Herald Sq! Awesome streaming from my plex server while i wait for the train!

After I read your message I was looking forward to seeing if there was anything at 42nd street on the A. Sucks cause the train came right away so I had to run for it. Couldn't test on the platform. But once I got on the train. I looked down and there it was, LTE in full strength! This was toward the front of the Uptown A.

• Like 1

I was on the f train and at the briarwood-van wyck blvd station my phone conected to a 800 tower in long island city, i did not have time to take a screen shot

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I was on the f train and at the briarwood-van wyck blvd station my phone conected to a 800 tower in long island city, i did not have time to take a screen shot

LTE?

No lte just 800 voice but i was surprised how far the signal was traveling i was underground

After I read your message I was looking forward to seeing if there was anything at 42nd street on the A. Sucks cause the train came right away so I had to run for it. Couldn't test on the platform. But once I got on the train. I looked down and there it was, LTE in full strength! This was toward the front of the Uptown A.

There are quite a few stations online with Transit Wireless and Sprint now. Average speeds I have seen hover around 10-12mbps on the DL.