Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

An AT&T tech working on a new site in NYC told my friend that AT&T is planning on adding 1,000 new cites throughout the 5 boroughs in the next year to match Verizon's coverage. I believe that Sprint has roughly 1,200 sites in what is considered the NYC market today. Thoughts?

they may just be upgrading more sites in ny that they didn't upgrade the first time around to add more capacity

Looks good. Have any cross streets for reference?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

From the 39th street bridge down skillman towards laguardia, and from 39th street to queens blvd to about 45th street i think

From the 39th street bridge down skillman towards laguardia, and from 39th street to queens blvd to about 45th street i think

I know that exact area. I'm at LaGuardia once a week. They need to improve 3G there as well.

I know that exact area. I'm at LaGuardia once a week. They need to improve 3G there as well.

Im there everyday, i work on the railroad right next to the school so ill do alot more mapping when we drive around, we eat alot all over l.i.c lol

Just got back from LIC...mapped a ton on sensorly off the 59th street bridge in and around steinway...signal was strong, Im guessing LIC's lack of obstruction (very rarely do you see buildings over 6 floors) helps!

• Like 1

http://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mobile-sends-out-LTE-update-to-the-Samsung-GALAXY-Note-II-as-its-new-service-is-set-to-launch-this-month_id40980

t-mobile launching LTE. they have seen about 60mbps download max and 30mbps upload. they said 100 million people are able to use LTE by mid 2013....

are they deploying 10x10? sprint LTE seems to be on the lower hand. Sprint really has to step it up. the deployment seems to be very very slow.

• Like 1

http://www.phonearen...s-month_id40980

t-mobile launching LTE. they have seen about 60mbps download max and 30mbps upload. they said 100 million people are able to use LTE by mid 2013....

are they deploying 10x10? sprint LTE seems to be on the lower hand. Sprint really has to step it up. the deployment seems to be very very slow.

Your phones I/O can barely keep up with that kind of speed, plus nothing you do on your phone will take advantage of anything near that besides bragging rights on speed test. Id rather have a much more balanced network with stability, coverage and good speeds..
  • Like 1

sprint LTE seems to be on the lower hand. Sprint really has to step it up. the deployment seems to be very very slow.

The deployment is anything but slow, people are just impatient. Their LTE rollout has been faster than AT&T and Verizon. They plan to have their entire network overhauled in just over 2 years, which is something neither AT&T nor Verizon can claim. Verizon's LTE rollout has been going on since 2010, and while it is close to being finished, they're not done yet.

The reason it seems slow is Sprint is allowing access to each tower when they are complete. That creates pockets of LTE that slowly grow over time. Whereas AT&T and Verizon wait until the entire region is complete before allowing access, making it seem like they are done overnight. AT&T has been upgrading around here (Springfield, MO) for months, I first noticed crews back in September, but still no LTE available around here for AT&T customers. You could say that deployment is very very slow.....

• Like 3

I saw the new LTE Panels by a site around Jackson heights and northen blvd in queens.

No such thing as LTE panels as it is just an antenna and it doesn't care what flavor signal is sent through it.

Sent from my little Note2

http://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mobile-sends-out-LTE-update-to-the-Samsung-GALAXY-Note-II-as-its-new-service-is-set-to-launch-this-month_id40980

Will it be on 1900?

The deployment is anything but slow, people are just impatient. Their LTE rollout has been faster than AT&T and Verizon. They plan to have their entire network overhauled in just over 2 years, which is something neither AT&T nor Verizon can claim. Verizon's LTE rollout has been going on since 2010, and while it is close to being finished, they're not done yet.

The reason it seems slow is Sprint is allowing access to each tower when they are complete. That creates pockets of LTE that slowly grow over time. Whereas AT&T and Verizon wait until the entire region is complete before allowing access, making it seem like they are done overnight. AT&T has been upgrading around here (Springfield, MO) for months, I first noticed crews back in September, but still no LTE available around here for AT&T customers. You could say that deployment is very very slow.....

You are definitely right about people being impatient. Sprint started NV vision about a year ago and will be done 33% faster then both companies. The fact that sprint has made the LTE signal public in areas that are complete, is either a good or bad idea. That's up for discussion

I find that odd knowing that they invested a lot into 1900mhz for them planning to being getting the new iPhone.

T-mobile doesnot have the spectrum to deploy LTE on the PCS band and LTE concurrently nationwide. Meanwhile they have at most markets at least 10 mhz of aws and 20mhz in many others.

aws is 1700/2100

The fact that sprint has made the LTE signal public in areas that are complete, is either a good or bad idea. That's up for discussion

That's for sure. It has it's ups and downs. The good part is that the network really needs its, as we all know that 3G is overburdened for much of the country. The bad, it makes Sprint's LTE network look horribly patchy. Personally, I'd take patches of LTE over 3G any day, but many people don't see it like we do. A year from now ( :( ) things will look so much better.

That's for sure. It has it's ups and downs. The good part is that the network really needs its, as we all know that 3G is overburdened for much of the country. The bad, it makes Sprint's LTE network look horribly patchy. Personally, I'd take patches of LTE over 3G any day, but many people don't see it like we do. A year from now ( :( ) things will look so much better.

Lol. I can imagine a year from today, someone will post a message saying that they found 3G somewhere!

• Like 3

As stated earlier that won't be the case for NYC. They will only have a 5x5 here and other large cities due to spectrum restrictions. I think that they are going with a Verizon/AT&T rollout with completing the market before being able to use it. The only thing is, the large city folk can't complain because they will have signal whereas all of the rural folk will stay pissed because they never will have 3G. LOL!

As stated earlier that won't be the case for NYC. They will only have a 5x5 here and other large cities due to spectrum restrictions. I think that they are going with a Verizon/AT&T rollout with completing the market before being able to use it. The only thing is, the large city folk can't complain because they will have signal whereas all of the rural folk will stay pissed because they never will have 3G. LOL!

Impossible to make people happy! :)

• Like 1