Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Can some one explain why there is no way for me to select the usb charge only selection. I got every step complete but it won't show up in tje com port so I am guessing that not being albe to set the phone to charge only on USB is causing this.

You can select USB charge mode on your phone when you connect it to your PC. It should be in your notification window and entry to tap to change USB mode between USB charge, Mass storage, etc.

You can select USB charge mode on your phone when you connect it to your PC. It should be in your notification window and entry to tap to change USB mode between USB charge, Mass storage, etc.

Thats what I thought, but for some reason this does not happen. When I 1st got the phone that showed up on the PC in Windows.

I got a 32 white, but if I had known (or remembered) about the bezel texture differences before hand, I would have got a 32 black.

If your not already aware, the white has a gloss black piano bezel finish, vz the black apparently has a more muted/flat black soft bezel.

You're in Florida, I have read that they have good service there, the state's topology helps.

Its fun to try other services.

Same flat topology and Tmobile doesn't even have edge at my house outside and I live in the city limits.

Guest kamiller42

Not much luck getting answers on my previous questions. Let me try another where I have not found an answer.

[Q] How do I clear & STOP persistent voicemail notification? (Sprint GV user)

I have read the many past messages on this, but none completely work. FYI, I have my Sprint account integrated with GV.

If I receive a message and delete it (Actually, archive it as Sprint VM calls it.), the notification doesn't go away until I clear Phone data. When I receive another voicemail, the notification comes back along with I assume is GV's. GV's is easy to clear. Sprint's isn't and it keeps coming back.

How can I stop Sprint from sending VM notifications? Setting in dialer or GV or GV app?

My Nexus 5 is stock rooted.

You should be able to do this with the N5 since it is a triband LTE device after all.  I don't have a N5 unfortunately to test this it out on that phone at the same tower.  No I did not have to change APNs.  

If you know you have B41 LTE around you...you will need to enable the B41 LTE band. 

To do this, do the following on your Nexus 5:

1. On the dialer, type *#*#DATA#*#* (*#*#3282#*#*)

2. Select "LTE" and select "Edit"

3.  Enter your MSL for Service Code.

4. Select "Band41 Enable/Disable" and select "Enable"

5. Select "Band 41 Priority" and choose "1"

6. Select "Band 25 Priority" and choose "0"

7. Reboot your phone (it should automatically do it for you if you exit out of the menu).

8. Find a B41 LTE tower

9. Take speedtests and LTE engineering menu screenshots

10. Profit and brag about it on S4GRU forums.

The issue with some folks not being able to connect to LTE is explained here and has nothing to do with any faulty APNs:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnotes2019 viewpost.png
Could you tell me the steps you did to obtain the code using the app and unlock the two bands? Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the phone: settings/developer options and made sure USB debugging was checked.

I downloaded Android SDK to my PC, extracted it to my desktop. 

Then in that folder I went sdk/platform-tools. 

While holding shift I right clicked in that folder then selected "open command window here"

In the command window i typed adb devices (to make sure its reading your phone) if you get a serial number and the word device it is reading it correctly

Then I typed adb logcat (it will start logging and going very fast just let it go until it stops)

On the Phone go to the dialer and type *#*#3282#*#* you will get the data menu

Click on LTE then Edit it will prompt you for your MSL (or security code) you dont have to type anything in yet

On the PC look at the Command window and you should see your MSL Below is code that you should see look for itemValue followed by a 6 digit number. It will also appear 2 more times in the lines below. Enter that number on your phone and you should now be able to enable the other 2 LTE bands.

"V/LG_SVC_ITEMS(18638): length =6 responseBytes=REMOVED itemValue=******

D/LG_SVC_ITEMS(18638): getCommands commandId 200 = ******-END

D/LG_SVC_CMD(18638): itemID = 200, Value = ******"

If you enter the wrong MSL code in 2x your phone will reboot. Don't worry you can just repeat the above steps to get the MSL Code.

Sent from Beyond

In addition to whats here I did this! From XDA forums http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515798&page=5

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnotes2019 viewpost.png
Could you tell me the steps you did to obtain the code using the app and unlock the two bands? Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the phone: settings/developer options and made sure USB debugging was checked.

I downloaded Android SDK to my PC, extracted it to my desktop. 

Then in that folder I went sdk/platform-tools. 

While holding shift I right clicked in that folder then selected "open command window here"

In the command window i typed adb devices (to make sure its reading your phone) if you get a serial number and the word device it is reading it correctly

Then I typed adb logcat (it will start logging and going very fast just let it go until it stops)

On the Phone go to the dialer and type *#*#3282#*#* you will get the data menu

Click on LTE then Edit it will prompt you for your MSL (or security code) you dont have to type anything in yet

On the PC look at the Command window and you should see your MSL Below is code that you should see look for itemValue followed by a 6 digit number. It will also appear 2 more times in the lines below. Enter that number on your phone and you should now be able to enable the other 2 LTE bands.

"V/LG_SVC_ITEMS(18638): length =6 responseBytes=REMOVED itemValue=******

D/LG_SVC_ITEMS(18638): getCommands commandId 200 = ******-END

D/LG_SVC_CMD(18638): itemID = 200, Value = ******"

If you enter the wrong MSL code in 2x your phone will reboot. Don't worry you can just repeat the above steps to get the MSL Code.

Sent from Beyond

In addition to whats here I did this! From XDA forums http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515798&page=5

There are many ways to get your MSL and this is just one of the few other methods.  Either way congrats and you got what you needed.

I ordered 12 days ago and mine still says 11/26

32GB black N5 here. I feel your pain man. 11 days and counting. Mine supposedly will ship by 11/22. I'm not counting on it and though.
  • Like 1

Anyone confirm Band 41 with the Nexus 5?  I went to what I believe to be a live 2.5 site to no avail today.  That included turning off the appropriate bands and multiple reboots and airplane modes... :(

Are you sure it was a confirmed B41 LTE site?  I am very surprised that not more premier sponsors at S4GRU with the Nexus 5 have been testing out B41 LTE especially after it was confirmed by me and Ascertion on the G2 that you can connect to B41 LTE right now.

• Like 1

Are you sure it was a confirmed B41 LTE site?  I am very surprised that not more premier sponsors at S4GRU with the Nexus 5 have been testing out B41 LTE especially after it was confirmed by me and Ascertion on the G2 that you can connect to B41 LTE right now.

As you noted I'm not sure because I'm not a premier sponsor. Still saving up money for that. I checked the two sites I had seen some work done on, but the one site was colocated with nv so they probably weren't live.

As you noted I'm not sure because I'm not a premier sponsor. Still saving up money for that. I checked the two sites I had seen some work done on, but the one site was colocated with nv so they probably weren't live.

I am curious which 2 specific sites you think you were trying to connect to in Columbus, Ohio