SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

I've had Signal Check Pro for many months and I really like it. However, as a suggestion which I'm unsure if its been mentioned at all yet, or if it's even been considered at all or not. Although, I'll go ahead and ask anyways.

What about showing a map with the active and the neighboring cells listed, if that is possible to add on your program.

Yep, it has been asked for and it's on my to-do list. It's a bit complicated and requires some overhauling of the app layout, so it's going to take some work. That doesn't mean it won't happen, it just means it'll take longer to get done. Check out the website to see what's planned to get added eventually: http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/to-do-list/

-Mike

• Like 5

New update just pushed out for those on the beta crew! Hopefully it will eliminate the wacky 1X and GSM connections appearing for some (but I do not expect it to fix everyone just yet). All B25/B41 second carriers should now display except for B25 sector 03 in Samsung markets -- still working on that. Boost and Virgin Mobile users should now see all band indicators and second carriers as long as you're seeing a GCI. Let me know..

-Mike

Looks like it works!

3i8Eb84l.png

- Trip

• Like 2

I only saw about a two second glimpse of the issue with the latest fix, which then self-corrected. 

I only saw this issue with my LG G4, and only with some sites.  I have observed this issue with both SCP and LTE Discovery (which can display the full info for both).  The RSRP/RSSI would vary independently.  I did quickly test to see if voice calls allow LTE data -- no such luck (as expected). I do recall seeing a possible setting for this CDMA look-ahead feature (might be hidden) but can not recall this morning.  However, the G4 does keep an LTE available list by SID NID and BASE_ID (##DATA# LTE_Available File - mine now has 170 recent systems), which is what this is likely used for. 

In other words, this "problem" may be a feature rather than a bug, which, given site capabilities, might allow you to track NID-SID-BID at the same time as GCI.

Hm, on your feature list I see one for a Tasker plugin.  Kinda wonder how this would be used with Tasker...

I'm not terribly familiar with it, but some had asked for intents to trigger certain events (connecting to certain sites/bands/networks/etc.) Perhaps execute an event when on B41, or whatever you like. I just have to educate myself on how to do it.

-Mike

• Like 1

I'm not terribly familiar with it, but some had asked for intents to trigger certain events (connecting to certain sites/bands/networks/etc.) Perhaps execute an event when on B41, or whatever you like. I just have to educate myself on how to do it.

-Mike

An intent to enable and disable the background service would be useful (this can be a simple broadcast receiver though and doesn't need anything specific to Tasker. Tasker can broadcast a custom intent).

But I assume you mean a plugin so Tasker can act on updates from the SCP, such as the band changing. I've written a Tasker plugin before if you need any help with the Tasker portion of it. The documentation isn't that great, but it's not difficult once you get past that.

Sent from my Nexus 6

b2e9e16469dd94056766c1582c1b09d9.jpg

Still present, diags set. Did correct a minute later

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Still present, diags set. Did correct a minute later

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

same on my flex 2, i got the updated SCP beta and an update for my phone and it still happens. i haven't left it alone enough to see how quick mine corrects itself, i either ignore it when it happens or do airplane mode right away to force it to correct when i see it.

same on my flex 2, i got the updated SCP beta and an update for my phone and it still happens. i haven't left it alone enough to see how quick mine corrects itself, i either ignore it when it happens or do airplane mode right away to force it to correct when i see it.

Airplane mode actually clears it for you? I toggle airplane mode and it's still there for several minutes even after.

Airplane mode actually clears it for you? I toggle airplane mode and it's still there for several minutes even after.

minus a 5 day stint where airplane mode stopped working to fix it, yeah as soon as it happens i can airplane mode and when it connects back its normal and only shows LTE.

minus a 5 day stint where airplane mode stopped working to fix it, yeah as soon as it happens i can airplane mode and when it connects back its normal and only shows LTE.

Strange, that's never worked for me. I just let it sit and hope it clears.

Are you initializing airplane mode via root?

Seriously for the beta you need to have an option to completely disable audio and vibration for this.

987e5e37d7f6ab40b48601a233c4fe6e.jpg

This just spammed me awake at 3:20AM...

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Seriously for the beta you need to have an option to completely disable audio and vibration for this.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Put ur phone on silent while sleeping.... Fixed!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mike, when you go to update the last_time for a GCI, can you check the first_time to see if it is before 2010 then update it to last_time as well.  This will enable those of us using national user_notes to see the duration of a change.  Thanks!!

Ugh, I'm sorry. I had taken that out but added it back in for my own personal version. I ended up compiling one more build after that and forgot it was still in there. That alert serves no purpose at the moment. I'll try tackling that right now.

-Mike

• Like 4

Sent from my Nexus 5

Getting that a lot now and only on certain sites...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Getting that a lot now and only on certain sites...

It would trigger when the PLMN and GCI didn't change at the same time, but not consistently. Grab the new update from yesterday afternoon, its gone. Any Project Fi users on the beta?

-Mike

• Like 1

Have noticed Samsung S6 having issues showing B41 on SignalCheck Pro in San Diego market.  Anyone having this issue?  It always gets stuck showing 1X and B25 LTE.  I don't have any issues with LTE Discovery displaying between bands.

prQvyj0l.pngUNoKdtVl.png

pFDLSeil.png

Something is seriously wrong with the site logger, at least for me.  I turned it on before a drive today, and after returning home I found only 1 site logged from the drive, and I know I hit at least 6 sites.  I'm not sure if this was just my device or if it's an actual bug in signal check.  I'm running the latest beta version.

Have noticed Samsung S6 having issues showing B41 on SignalCheck Pro in San Diego market. Anyone having this issue? It always gets stuck showing 1X and B25 LTE. I don't have any issues with LTE Discovery displaying between bands.

prQvyj0l.pngUNoKdtVl.png

pFDLSeil.png

It's not actually showing B25, if it was it would say LTE 25 or 1900 LTE. (Edit: I just saw that the provider does say Sprint B25. I believe that is the default for when SCP doesn't know what you are connected to. I was looking at the notification and the top line for LTE band).

5.1 devices for some reason continue to report a 1x value for some time after switching to LTE from 3G. This is an android bug, as this is what the OS is reporting to SCP. Notice Discovery continues to show a 1x connection as well, even though we know it shouldn't seeing as you are on a tri-band device. I'm not sure why Discovery is able to see the GCI buy SCP is not. This bug popped up just as Mike got busy (went on vacation?) So not sure he has had a lot of time to work on it yet.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 2

It's not actually showing B25, if it was it would say LTE 25 or 1900 LTE. (Edit: I just saw that the provider does say Sprint B25. I believe that is the default for when SCP doesn't know what you are connected to. I was looking at the notification and the top line for LTE band).

5.1 devices for some reason continue to report a 1x value for some time after switching to LTE from 3G. This is an android bug, as this is what the OS is reporting to SCP. Notice Discovery continues to show a 1x connection as well, even though we know it shouldn't seeing as you are on a tri-band device. I'm not sure why Discovery is able to see the GCI buy SCP is not. This bug popped up just as Mike got busy (went on vacation?) So not sure he has had a lot of time to work on it yet.

Sent from my LG G4

I have yet to see this issue, everything is working as intended.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk