SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Hey Mike—another dual SIM bug. If one SIM loses service, it doesn’t disappear from the app. 

I’ve seen this a couple times—my Dish SIM will lose service (confirmed in service mode), but SCP won’t stop displaying -115 or so. And it logs a data point at that signal every time the location updates. 

Along the same lines, I have a custom trigger set up for 313340 (Dish), and the custom trigger keeps firing when this is happening. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Hey Mike—another dual SIM bug. If one SIM loses service, it doesn’t disappear from the app. 

I’ve seen this a couple times—my Dish SIM will lose service (confirmed in service mode), but SCP won’t stop displaying -115 or so. And it logs a data point at that signal every time the location updates.

Interesting, that doesn't happen on my P7. Can you send me a diagnostic report the next time you see that please? Hopefully the phone isn't actually reporting the -115, that will be tricky.

7 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Interesting, that doesn't happen on my P7. Can you send me a diagnostic report the next time you see that please? Hopefully the phone isn't actually reporting the -115, that will be tricky.

Service mode shows the SIM as having no service, so I would think the device should report that. I believe I sent a diagnostic report a little while back—can you check to see if you have it?

46 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Service mode shows the SIM as having no service, so I would think the device should report that. I believe I sent a diagnostic report a little while back—can you check to see if you have it?

What devices should do, and what they actually do, are two very different things! As you've probably heard me mention countless times, many of those screens get information in a proprietary manner directly from the modem; apps like SignalCheck can only get what the OS is reporting.

I did find your earlier reports, and as I guessed, the OS was reporting valid signal strength. I will try to figure out a solution.

• Like 2

Hey Mike, sent a diagnostic report this morning. For some reason on one of my phones I am not able to add or edit site notes. I double checked I didn't have them locked. I exited and restarted app multiple times. Wanted to see if you needed anything else before I try an uninstall and reinstall of SCP. 

I actually had the same issue but assumed it was something wrong with my phone.  One of my Moto One 5G Ace devices won't let me edit or add a site note, while the other one works fine.  I had similarly tinkered with the "lock" setting and restarted.  I just sent diagnostics as well.

Separately, it looks like you recategorized 311490 from being a T-Mobile PLMN to being a Sprint PLMN, so the accent is now yellow.  The problem is that since 311490 is the unified network, I would expect that more than 90% of such sites are on T-Mobile, and I personally almost never see them, so I'd say it really should be categorized as a T-Mobile PLMN.

- Trip

Re: Unable to edit site notes -- try disabling the mobile cell timestamp option and see if that works. That was a bug I (thought) I fixed but perhaps I discovered it after the last update went out. I will have a new beta ready soon, that fix is definitely included.

I'll look into the blank line issue.. must be something goofed up with the timestamp. Send a diagnostic when you see it please!

2 hours ago, Trip said:

Separately, it looks like you recategorized 311490 from being a T-Mobile PLMN to being a Sprint PLMN, so the accent is now yellow.  The problem is that since 311490 is the unified network, I would expect that more than 90% of such sites are on T-Mobile, and I personally almost never see them, so I'd say it really should be categorized as a T-Mobile PLMN.

I believe that was always yellow? I do not think I touched it in recent releases. In the upcoming beta update, I have already changed the accent color to a magenta/yellow blend.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Re: Unable to edit site notes -- try disabling the mobile cell timestamp option and see if that works. That was a bug I (thought) I fixed but perhaps I discovered it after the last update went out. I will have a new beta ready soon, that fix is definitely included.

I'll look into the blank line issue.. must be something goofed up with the timestamp. Send a diagnostic when you see it please!

I tried disabling that with no change. I did notice if I turn my 2nd SIM on and enable dual sim support I can edit the note on the 2nd sim but not the primary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mikejeep said:

I didn't have it enabled, but I enabled and disabled it again.  No change.

6 hours ago, mikejeep said:

I believe that was always yellow? I do not think I touched it in recent releases. In the upcoming beta update, I have already changed the accent color to a magenta/yellow blend.

I don't think it was.  I've disabled all updates on my S21FE, which is technically on 311490 but the PLMN reported to SCP is 310260 or 310120 as appropriate, though sometimes when it's between cells, it will show 311490.  Recently it suddenly started flashing yellow at me when it sees 311490, which draws my eye (it definitely didn't used to).  It didn't used to do that, and it can't have been a software update in the phone as I'm purposely keeping it on the last version that has the band selector app, which definitely still works as I used it today.

- Trip

1 hour ago, Trip said:

Recently it suddenly started flashing yellow at me when it sees 311490, which draws my eye (it definitely didn't used to).

311490 has always shown as yellow to me. When the network started showing that here I turned off the secondary PLMN reporting and it just showed the normal T-Mobile PLMN.

• Like 1

Weird.  Then I guess my phone's behavior has changed somehow even though I went through and meticulously disabled all updates on it.  I have never had secondary PLMN reporting turned on.

- Trip

5 hours ago, Trip said:

Weird.  Then I guess my phone's behavior has changed somehow even though I went through and meticulously disabled all updates on it.  I have never had secondary PLMN reporting turned on.

My Pixel 7 has been on 311490 far more often than 310260 over the last couple of weeks, which is new behavior for me also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2023 at 8:11 AM, mdob07 said:

Hey Mike, sent a diagnostic report this morning. For some reason on one of my phones I am not able to add or edit site notes. I double checked I didn't have them locked. I exited and restarted app multiple times. Wanted to see if you needed anything else before I try an uninstall and reinstall of SCP. 

On 2/2/2023 at 11:26 AM, Trip said:

I actually had the same issue but assumed it was something wrong with my phone.  One of my Moto One 5G Ace devices won't let me edit or add a site note, while the other one works fine.  I had similarly tinkered with the "lock" setting and restarted.  I just sent diagnostics as well.

Finally figured this one out after studying the reports you guys sent me.. this bug only happens on non-LTE connections (I noticed everyone's reports were all 5G SA). I didn't catch it in testing because I rarely catch 5G SA.

It is related to the new code for the connection timestamps but changing that setting won't resolve it in the current version.. it will be fixed in the upcoming beta release I'm working on getting ready to release, hopefully within the next couple of hours.

EDIT: New beta will not be ready tonight, needs more testing. Should be ready by tomorrow evening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, RAvirani said:

A few bug screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/eue3BVj

:)

What is the app in the lower right corner? 🙃

A new SignalCheck Pro beta is rolling out right now with LOTS of bug fixes.. and some new features. The full changelog is in the app or on the website. In addition to many bugfixes, there are some notable new options:

• Colorize location display to indicate low accuracy (yellow when Trail Logger is enabled) or outdated timestamp (red). This is enabled by default.
  • Enable/disable display of location coordinates with location accuracy and the location timestamp.. so now each value can be individually enabled/disabled.
  • Configure the maximum age of location data before Location Service is restarted; the default remains at 10 minutes but can now be configured as desired.
  • Limit max number of neighbor cells to display (including 0, if you only want to see the summary line).

Some users are seeing LTE or NR data persist after a connection is lost. I made some minor changes, but I wanted to get this release rolled out before continuing to dig deeper into that issue since I made so many other changes that may or may not impact this bug. One thing that users can try is to disable the option under Preferences > Display Settings > Show Hidden Data -- that may resolve the issue.

Looking forward to feedback! Thanks..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikejeep said:

A new SignalCheck Pro beta is rolling out right now with LOTS of bug fixes...

...Looking forward to feedback! Thanks..

Mike, are you still recommending that this beta only be used on on dual psim/esim devices or should it now be basically safe for all devices (with usual beta risks)?

8 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Mike, are you still recommending that this beta only be used on on dual psim/esim devices or should it now be basically safe for all devices (with usual beta risks)?

I would say it is as "safe" as any typical beta release at this point. There are some things I am still ironing out, but nothing that severely hinders normal usage of the app.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

New oddity since the Feb security patch and a carrier services upgrade, no matter if Wifi is turned on or off, I'm seeing a Wifi 4 connection to an unknown ssid.  Airplane mode, etc didn't get rid of it.

Connecting to my home wifi (which turned into Wifi 5) then disconnecting resolved the issue.

Not sure where/why the ghost was coming from

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 3:10 PM, jefbal99 said:

New oddity since the Feb security patch and a carrier services upgrade, no matter if Wifi is turned on or off, I'm seeing a Wifi 4 connection to an unknown ssid.  Airplane mode, etc didn't get rid of it.

Connecting to my home wifi (which turned into Wifi 5) then disconnecting resolved the issue.

Not sure where/why the ghost was coming from

This is happening to me as well. It's also causing an <unknown ssid> to show in the notification window. I never paid much attention to it but it does seem to resolve if connected to a Wi-fi 5 or 6 access point.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:10 PM, jefbal99 said:

1 hour ago, CrackedLCD said:

This is happening to me as well. It's also causing an <unknown ssid> to show in the notification window. I never paid much attention to it but it does seem to resolve if connected to a Wi-fi 5 or 6 access point.

That is very odd, could you each please send a diagnostic report the next you see the "ghost" wifi connection.. would love to see what I can do to resolve this.

• Like 1