SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

More of a future item...   Sent a couple of diags from my s21u factory unlocked with Tello sim using CA with latest firmware where the second band does not show. One was n41+n25, then rest were n25+n41, all SA.  Was also showing same issue with older firmware on other s21u factory unlocked with T-Mobile sim. *#0011# results showed both for each phone.

Hey @mikejeepgot my s23 ultra today and SCP will not launch at all. Try to launch twice second time says something went wrong with signalcheck pro, signalcheck pro closed because this app has a bug. Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error. 

idaes?

1 hour ago, Rickie546 said:

Hey @mikejeepgot my s23 ultra today and SCP will not launch at all. Try to launch twice second time says something went wrong with signalcheck pro, signalcheck pro closed because this app has a bug. Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error. 

idaes?

I biggest issue I have noticed with earlier phones is the permissions sometimes need to be manually set for Signalcheck Pro before it will work. 

3 hours ago, Rickie546 said:

idaes?

Try manually giving it precise location permission. I had a similar symptoms when I got my S22U and accidentally clicked deny for location permission

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rickie546 said:

I believe I found a crash report from you and another S23 that shouldn't be causing a crash but I will dig more into it today and let you know. As others suggested, check your permissions just in case, but the app should bring prompting for those at least once.

2 hours ago, mikejeep said:

I believe I found a crash report from you and another S23 that shouldn't be causing a crash but I will dig more into it today and let you know. As others suggested, check your permissions just in case, but the app should bring prompting for those at least once.

Yea I check permissions and all looks good, glad sending you crash report because i can't get in the app to send it. Let me know if I can help.

• Like 2

A new SCP beta update is rolling out now! This release implements a new upload handler on the map server (should not be any notable changes to users), several bug fixes, and overall stability improvements -- including what I hope will fix your issue @Rickie546 -- please let me know. Optimistically inching closer to a stable release..

• Like 5

On 2/15/2023 at 7:51 PM, mikejeep said:

A new SCP beta update is rolling out now! This release implements a new upload handler on the map server (should not be any notable changes to users), several bug fixes, and overall stability improvements -- including what I hope will fix your issue @Rickie546 -- please let me know. Optimistically inching closer to a stable release..

App will not open on S23 Ultra. App icon acts like it's launching then it's just gone. Not sure what to do, if there's anyway I can help let me know. 

• Sad 1

On 2/15/2023 at 7:51 PM, mikejeep said:

Yea still the same for me, won't open. 

• Sad 1

On 2/18/2023 at 2:52 AM, Dkoellerwx said:

App will not open on S23 Ultra. App icon acts like it's launching then it's just gone. Not sure what to do, if there's anyway I can help let me know. 

On 2/18/2023 at 11:03 AM, Rickie546 said:

Yea still the same for me, won't open. 

It's crashing with a null pointer exception when checking the username set for web uploads, which is very bizarre, because 1) this code has been part of the startup routine for a long time, 2) it is coded to appropriately protect against null issues, and 3) the app has never crashed at that point on any device except for the S23.

In any case, I've added some additional protections for the next update that will hopefully resolve this. Pushing it out shortly.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

It's crashing with a null pointer exception when checking the username set for web uploads, which is very bizarre, because 1) this code has been part of the startup routine for a long time, 2) it is coded to appropriately protect against null issues, and 3) the app has never crashed at that point on any device except for the S23.

In any case, I've added some additional protections for the next update that will hopefully resolve this. Pushing it out shortly.

I cleared data and un-re-installed the app and it stopped crashing. Weird but thankful it's working again!

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 3:33 AM, mikejeep said:

That is very odd, could you each please send a diagnostic report the next you see the "ghost" wifi connection.. would love to see what I can do to resolve this.

Sent in a diagnostic report about this phantom WiFi issue. This is the first time it's happened since I posted about it. 

Screenshot_20230220-192905.thumb.png.f40eacae28ac0935987c737c2f0ace33.png

• Thanks 1

Another fresh SCP beta is rolling out right now and should be available shortly.. includes bugfixes for: S23 crashes at startup, phantom Wi-Fi connections, 5G-NR connections that continue displaying (and logging) after the connection is lost (usually on the secondary SIM), and a stale error message initially displaying on the web upload notification when attempting an upload after a previous upload failed. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who was experiencing those issues!

Happy to report there have been 0 crash reports logged with the last beta that went out, so the worst bugs seem to finally be ironed out. There are still some ANR reports (App Not Responding, when the app freezes and you get the prompt to "Close the app" or "Wait").. I will continue to work on reducing those.

• Like 6

Hot new SCP beta release is rolling out right now.. more bugfixes including: stuck 5G-NR labels, stale/ghost/phantom/invalid Wi-Fi info, Galaxy S23 crashes when attempting to upload web data, and several internal code changes which should help improve app stability.

Feedback always welcome!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Another beta is rolling out already -- more fixes for the Galaxy S23 crashing when trying to login for web uploads.. hopefully that catches that last hiccup. Thank you to everyone who has been sending diagnostics and messages to squash these bugs!

• Like 5

Another fresh SCP beta rolling out again, this should help resolve the last remaining crashes for the Galaxy S23 and other devices when attempting to use any of the functions related to web data uploads. Thank you to @UPdownLoAD for the hand in finally getting this ironed out!

• Like 2

When the Lock Indicator Icons is enabled, can the flower/gear in-between the ligthning bolt and three dots be eliminated? I sometimes manage to hit it twice which disables locations for a trip.  Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dkyeager said:

When the Lock Indicator Icons is enabled, can the flower/gear in-between the ligthning bolt and three dots be eliminated? I sometimes manage to hit it twice which disables locations for a trip.  Thanks

Sure, not a bad idea -- I'll work on that.

• Love 1

Works great with MobileX on an A32 5g.

• Thanks 1

I sent in several diags of n38 on T-Mobile on latest s22+ factory unlocked last night. *#0011# only shows n41.  Appears to happen when secondary sim detects change in its carrier band.

• Thanks 1

Another SCP beta is rolling out right now.. includes bugfixes (and some bugfixes to prior bugfixes), mostly related to 5G-NR issues. The gear (Services) icon is now locked if the indicator icons are locked, as suggested by @dkyeager.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a double-dip Friday.. another SCP beta rolling out! More bugfixes and improvements, mostly focused on 5G-NR neighbor cells.

This morning's release is still being processed by Google Play.. users who are still in the traditional beta test group will not see any updates available yet.

• Like 5

Got 4.757b overnight.  4.758b outstanding. Will test with all my 5g phones later.

• Like 2