Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

I had customs issues with my Moto X 2014 last year. Delayed shipment once it got stateside by 4-5 days. I remember being pretty torqued.

I called Moto and FedEx trying to help expedite getting the right info to the right person. But it turned out it was much more than just my shipment. It was the whole container. So there was nothing I could do.

After a few days, the Chinese expediter finally got the correct paperwork to FedEx and I had my phone the next day.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

This is exactly what's happening. I just got off the phone with them. Sucks!!

Sent from an LG

So keep it on and activate the Moto and everything will be fine?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

Well try to activate with the add-on and report back how did it go. If Sprint already provided a fix, then you should have no issues.

• Like 2

I had been inquiring about this myself, and asked that they review my phone model for compatibility with Open World. That took place over the last two days, via Twitter DM's.

About 10am this morning, I got a call from Sprint. They said that they resolved the issue, and offered to add it to my account. I was honestly surprised to hear back from them.

Now that I look at my account, Open World is finally listed in my subscribed features. Looks like I'm ready for my next trip to Canada. :)

While on the subject of Open World, does anyone know if there is a different PRL for it? I'm still at 55029. If none of the roaming is CDMA, I guess it wouldn't matter.

Newer prl's have the program built into them. You wouldn't notice anything different. It's just the billing system not billing you for off network usage.
  • Like 1

Well try to activate with the add-on and report back how did it go. If Sprint already provided a fix, then you should have no issues.

Well, well, everything went buttery smooth! Apart from being delayed 2 days because of US Customs. Activation was a breeze.

I didn't have to remove ANY of my add on. I simply wrote in my imei number (left out last digit), wrote in my sim card number, clicked activate, and i didn't even have to chat with anyone! Phone was activated instantly.

At a quick glance, the signal strength for LTE on this device is AMAZING.

Here's some eye candy ????:

32e4a2e47fa3a3efbabe820b94b294a6.jpg

73991ed2d35ca6e2a67357359758fb2b.jpg

• Like 8

Well, well, everything went buttery smooth! Apart from being delayed 2 days because of US Customs. Activation was a breeze.

I didn't have to remove ANY of my add on. I simply wrote in my imei number (left out last digit), wrote in my sim card number, clicked activate, and i didn't even have to chat with anyone! Phone was activated instantly.

Nice color combo!
  • Like 2

32e4a2e47fa3a3efbabe820b94b294a6.jpg

73991ed2d35ca6e2a67357359758fb2b.jpg

What color is the back?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nice color combo!

What is white but black and blue?

A beat up white 2015 Moto X.

;)

AJ

An article I just read regarding the Moto X and the new Nexus devices and how Motorola's unique features may become integrated into Android.

http://m.pocketnow.com/2015/09/29/moto-x-obsolete-thanks-to-nexus-5x

Your thoughts?

An article I just read regarding the Moto X and the new Nexus devices and how Motorola's unique features may become integrated into Android.

http://m.pocketnow.com/2015/09/29/moto-x-obsolete-thanks-to-nexus-5x

Your thoughts?

Interesting. I kind of figured it would be similar when announced. Total game changer.

Does anyone know how can I get the Sprint Zone app? I found an apk but it doesn't work....

No Sprint zone for unlocked devices. It needs system level integration. 

BTW here are some random speed tests I conducted today while at work. I've never seen those speeds on either b26 or b41 before. I know CA launched in Miami but don't know what areas exactly...

3030d2ae916e636521655f1e84e26181.jpg

57402a71a618827d4a2f425cc9ad4656.jpg

Edited by ttwiitch

Does anyone know how can I get the Sprint Zone app? I found an apk but it doesn't work....

If you search S4GRU, there is a mostly working apk. I sideloaded it on my Nexus 5.
  • Like 1

No Sprint zone for unlocked devices. It needs system level integration. 

I've never used the SprintZone App, it was one of the bloatware apps I always did my best to get rid of.  What is it's purpose/function?

• Like 1

I've never used the SprintZone App, it was one of the bloatware apps I always did my best to get rid of. What is it's purpose/function?

It is handy for people on shared data plans. You can track usage as a whole, or by individual in near real time. It is also very easy to report network problems in app.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is handy for people on shared data plans. You can track usage as a whole, or by individual in near real time. It is also very easy to report network problems in app.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

This.

And to pay my bill is 3 taps away.

Very handy and useful. Surprisingly lol.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, the big question: how is radio performance?

It's been in everyone's hands and activated for a good three weeks now. What are your impressions of voice, LTE, Bluetooth and wifi?

The best smartphone radios I've ever had were in my Moto Photon 4G. It was head and shoulders above my previous Evo 4G and Nexus S phones. Voice, 4G, Bluetooth and wifi were very solid.

I used an iPhone 5 and 5S after the Photon - mandated by my job. But they were pretty excellent too. Since then I've had the Galaxy Nexus (nightmare), and now the HTC One M8 (becoming a nightmare).

I really need good radios, because I'm all over the place all day long. I've made up my mind that my next phone has to have three qualities: excellent radio performance, unlocked and usable on most carriers, and rapid direct-from-manufacturer updates.

So what does everyone think of the Moto X Pure's radio performance in their day-to-day activity?

Thanks in advance for your opinions,

John

So what does everyone think of the Moto X Pure's radio performance in their day-to-day activity?

On Sprint, the 2015 Moto X cellular RF performance is okay, about average.  In fringe coverage or weak signal locations, it can be touch and go.  The Nexus 5 and 2014 Moto X, which have been strong cellular RF performers for a year or two now, seem to trump the 2015 Moto X in those less than ideal signal locations.

AJ

• Like 2