Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

Oh, makes sense. Thx for clearing it up. Still, kind of sad... The Moto X Pure is capable of CA yet its not 'active' :(

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

There is no real evidence to support this theory quite yet. You need to show that other devices are connecting to CA and yours is not before you can make that statement.

Absolutely not.

Sent from my LG G4

My coworker has an S6, from the engineering screens there I can see that B41CA is active on the local site.  However both his device and my device get similar, 5-7mbps speed tests.  I've requested Motorola fix the engineering screens to include SCC and fix the Band identification, however so far nothing.

Would you folks test your 3G data connection on the MXPE and report whether or not it works?  Also, report if you are using Sprint directly or if you access their network through an MVNO (I use Ting).

I'm working with Ting and Motorola to resolve my lack of 3G issue and we are trying to determine if others are having the same issue.  I started a thread on XDA and so far with limited responses, users on AT&T, T-mobile, and Verizon are reporting no issues.

Appreciate the help.

DC

Would you folks test your 3G data connection on the MXPE and report whether or not it works?  Also, report if you are using Sprint directly or if you access their network through an MVNO (I use Ting).

DC

My 3G works on the MXPE but I'm on Sprint. 

After owning the Moto X 1st gen on Sprint, I noticed that 3G is a bit weaker on the MXPE and get full bars with the exclamation bar very often. I had no issues whatsoever on the 1st Gen and believe LTE was a bit stronger as well.

Thanks.

I also posted this request on XDA and Android Central.  Even though the responses were limited, it appears enough people have no issues with Sprint that my problem is narrowed down to either a phone problem or a Ting problem.

DC

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my mxp yesterday and updated to marshmallow. I checked debug and it is still showing incorrect band info, looks to be exactly the same as what is posted here already. Any Qs about MM or MM install let me know. Nice phone overall kind of surprised its not more popular. 

• Like 1

Just got my mxp yesterday and updated to marshmallow. I checked debug and it is still showing incorrect band info, looks to be exactly the same as what is posted here already. Any Qs about MM or MM install let me know. Nice phone overall kind of surprised its not more popular.

Marshmallow?

Any major bugs to report?

Nothing yet... really doesn't seem much different then Lollipop except you can now adjust the quick settings menu and merge the sd card with internal.  If you like to tweak things xposed works pretty well on MM as does the new layers compatibility. Root and TWRP are both good to go as well. 

• Like 1

Got my Moto X pure in the mail today after returning a Nexus 6P.  I'm seeing the identical issue the 6P had where after hanging up a phone call the phone returns to 3G for 3-4 minutes before returning to LTE. 

I'm wondering if it's just a bug in the newer Snapdragons, my Nexus 5 and LG G3 never have this issue.  Guess I'll learn to live with it, I don't get that many phone calls. 

Got my Moto X pure in the mail today after returning a Nexus 6P. I'm seeing the identical issue the 6P had where after hanging up a phone call the phone returns to 3G for 3-4 minutes before returning to LTE.

I'm wondering if it's just a bug in the newer Snapdragons, my Nexus 5 and LG G3 never have this issue. Guess I'll learn to live with it, I don't get that many phone calls.

I don't have that problem at all.

• Like 1

I don't have that problem at all.

Weird. Wish I could figure out how to debug it a bit more. Doubt its the phone since the nexus 6p did the exact same things. Only hardware in common was I used the same sim card. Maybe I should get it swapped.

Weird. Wish I could figure out how to debug it a bit more. Doubt its the phone since the nexus 6p did the exact same things. Only hardware in common was I used the same sim card. Maybe I should get it swapped.

Good idea.

Is it confirmed that this phone does CA on Sprint ?

Always check The Wall for an article.  It is there.

AJ

It's capable of, its the Snapdragon 808....BUT, its not working.

And how do you know that CA is not working?

AJ

And how do you know that CA is not working?

AJ

Because I have 1, two other of my friends have one, I live in a CA saturated market, we've tested. We've tested again with other phones that have CA (iphone 6s & GS6) and it just doesn't work....for now at least. Very disappointed :(

• Like 1

Because I have 1, two other of my friends have one, I live in a CA saturated market, we've tested. We've tested again with other phones that have CA (iphone 6s & GS6) and it just doesn't work....for now at least. Very disappointed :(

The problem is that you have no accurate means to test for 2x CA.  The engineering screen is partially broken.

Anyway, let it go.  CA is not a big deal.  One band 41 carrier is enough for anyone.  If you get CA, you get CA.  That is all.

AJ

The problem is that you have no accurate means to test for 2x CA. The engineering screen is partially broken.

Anyway, let it go. CA is not a big deal. One band 41 carrier is enough for anyone. If you get CA, you get CA. That is all.

AJ

I guess....

• Like 2