Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

Did the app drawer or launcher get an automatic update?  Something looks/feels different.

AJ

• Like 1

Did the app drawer or launcher get an automatic update?  Something looks/feels different.

AJ

Yes, its now vertical scrolling and it has a built in app search feature easter egg, hold the app launcher icon and it will open up the launcher plus pop up your KB so you can quickly search apps.

Yes, its now vertical scrolling and it has a built in app search feature easter egg, hold the app launcher icon and it will open up the launcher plus pop up your KB so you can quickly search apps.

Hmm, that is what I thought -- unless my mind was playing tricks on me.

Vertical scrolling, worse.

Horizontal pagination, better.

AJ

• Like 3

Also, has your recently used apps on the top of the drawer.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

so essentially it looks like the Android m Launcher that's been backported to 5.1.1?
  • Like 1

so essentially it looks like the Android m Launcher that's been backported to 5.1.1?

Yes

It does it on most devices running 5.1 and Google Now Launcher. It is the same on my Tab 4 and LG G4.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Okay. I'm up on both Bell Mobility in Canada and Sprint in the US. I can report that Sprint appears to have activating the MXPE under control. The Sprint site was down for maintenance so I had to call. It took less than 10 minutes on the phone. I gave her my MEID and the sim card number. From that she correctly identified my phone as MXPE and was able to tell I had the correct sim. She put me on hold for 45 seconds, came back and asked me to power cycle the phone and voila... Done. I verified that my data was working and did a couple of test calls to verify.

All things said... A niche device, early adopter... Seamless activation on a network well known for the very opposite... In 7 days. I'm not going to pat anyone on the back, but I think it's safe to say there's nothing worthy of complaining about to anyone.

All in all, I am very pleased with this phone. My only other concern was the crackling speakers. My experience is that unless you are listening to audio with unreal gain levels, you will never experience it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Okay. I'm up on both Bell Mobility in Canada and Sprint in the US. I can report that Sprint appears to have activating the MXPE under control. The Sprint site was down for maintenance so I had to call. It took less than 10 minutes on the phone. I gave her my MEID and the sim card number. From that she correctly identified my phone as MXPE and was able to tell I had the correct sim. She put me on hold for 45 seconds, came back and asked me to power cycle the phone and voila... Done. I verified that my data was working and did a couple of test calls to verify.

Yep, and with the proper UICC running CSIM when the online activation tool was working a week ago, my 2015 Moto X activated online in just as easy a process.

But for those difficult first five or six days -- when Sprint did not have the activation process down pat for this niche, unlocked, third party handset -- we should all "rabble, rabble, rabble" and throw Sprint under the bus.  

"Unacceptable!"

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Still working with Sprint support, was told today that a fix for the Open World program could go in as early as tomorrow for the Moto X Pure

Good cus mine arrives Oct 1st!

Question: i have it on now with my LGG3. When i start setting up the Moto pure, will the add on be an obstacle to activate the Moto on Sprint, or will the activation go through fine and the the add on will cancel automatically?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G ????

Edited by ttwiitch

Question: i have it on now with my LGG3. When i start setting up the Moto pure, will the add on be an obstacle to activate the Moto on Sprint, or will the activation go through fine and the the add on will cancel automatically?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

If you try to activate online by entering the IMEI and SIM Card, the system recognizes both but after submitting the request it will prompt you to contact sprint via phone or chat. 

The rep will advise that the service(s) Global Roaming and/or Open World are not compatible and will need to be removed in order to active the Moto X Pure. 

• Like 1

So far no issues either on the 3G or LTE side... I live in rural southern maryland with only 3G, but was up in a LTE area this evening and so far so good. Call quality was excellent, calls were clear, not a single hiccup yet. I was reading on PocketNow that there are supposed speaker issue with cracking etc from the top speaker, but I have had no issues. I jammed my speakers as loud as they could go with full base and I must say I was impressed. Overall build quality is higher than I expected.

I went with the black front, red highlights and natural leather and oh boy I love it... I am coming from a nexus 5, which I have had for almost 2 years and was waiting to get the new one on 9/29, but I gave in and I must say I am so happy that I did.

I have finally experienced that speaker crackling issue, however, I don't believe it to be the speakers, but the audio processing.  I experience it via the speakers and Bluetooth headphones.  This was in the Hulu app watching Blind Spot with a few loud explosions.

Edit in, it appears to be impacting the top speaker or the left channel.

I have finally experienced that speaker crackling issue, however, I don't believe it to be the speakers, but the audio processing. I experience it via the speakers and Bluetooth headphones. This was in the Hulu app watching Blind Spot with a few loud explosions.

I have experienced it too. I have only experienced while listening to extremely high gain audio. I have been unable to recreate it listening to audio with normal gain levels.

How would I test the audio processing?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Still working with Sprint support, was told today that a fix for the Open World program could go in as early as tomorrow for the Moto X Pure

I would assume the fix is on Sprints side? or any details of what they stated?

So open world (etc) will kick the activation off. But if I don't have those on my account (that I know of) would it go through or would I still have to chat with support.

Sent from a Note 4

It should go through. Some users have reported no issues while activating.

• Like 1

Got an email from the Sprint Rep that I've been working with.  Open World issues have been resolved and the service has been added to my line.  I logged into Sprint.com and validated that it is there :)

• Like 6

Got an email from the Sprint Rep that I've been working with. Open World issues have been resolved and the service has been added to my line. I logged into Sprint.com and validated that it is there :)

So keep it on and activate the Moto and everything will be fine?

So keep it on and activate the Moto and everything will be fine?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

I would assume that would work now, however, don't be surprised if there is an issue.  As we have all found in the last few weeks, activation is not a simple task.

• Like 1

Just my luck! :facepalm:

413c4be77bbd82ca9350fcdbec320485.jpg

I had customs issues with my Moto X 2014 last year. Delayed shipment once it got stateside by 4-5 days. I remember being pretty torqued.

I called Moto and FedEx trying to help expedite getting the right info to the right person. But it turned out it was much more than just my shipment. It was the whole container. So there was nothing I could do.

After a few days, the Chinese expediter finally got the correct paperwork to FedEx and I had my phone the next day.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 1