Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

I guess....

That we currently cannot confirm active 2x CA on the 2015 Moto X, Nexus 5X, and Nexus 6P -- because all have engineering screens that are lacking and/or partially broken -- is disappointing.  But it is what it is.

Honestly, I wish that Sprint had not gone the CA route.  Just deploy as many 20 MHz TDD band 41 carriers as possible, then load balance.  The 2x CA, then 3x CA seems to be there just for e-penis bragging and RootMetrics testing in the ridiculous "arms race" among wireless operators.

AJ

I noticed the nexus 6p had much higher bandwidth tests in my house , so I agree that it's not working.

It's nice when your downloading a large file.

Maybe it's fixed in 6.0 but I'm guessing not.

Yet, the Nexus 6P has an embarrassingly limited LTE engineering screen, so we cannot verify that 2x CA is active on it either.  And, in response, please do not cite speed tests.  They are not reliable and consume upwards of 100 MB of data -- we should not be running speed tests on "unlimited" data.  That is irresponsible, needless use of macro network resources.

In conclusion, the only things that definitively need to be fixed are the LTE engineering screens on the 2015 Moto X, Nexus 5X, and Nexus 6P.  However, they probably will not be fixed.  If 2x CA is enabled but working or not on any of those handsets, that is unproven.

And as for downloading a large file, why are you not on Wi-Fi?  What large file are you downloading on the cellular network?

AJ

Marshmallow (6.0) OTA on the Moto X Pure does not seem to enable CA, but like AJ said, there is no way for us to confirm it is on or off.  That said, while running a (very rare for me) Speedtest.net test side-by-side with an "Ultimate Test Drive" Note 5, the the MXPE will hit ~20-24Mb/s while the Note 5 hit 60-65Mb/s while testing on the same server (Atlanta - Comcast) and SCP values are identical for the B41 connection.

It's nice to know that CA is enabled on the tower/site on our property, despite being in what is considered a rural area in NC.

• Like 1

Anyone experienced issues on the MXPE while using Open World?

This is the first time using my phone over in Mexico with Open World, previously had Global Roaming on my Moto X 1st Generation and had no issues. This weekend had to visit Mexico for a few hours and my phone took a while to connect to Movistar after turning off the phone a few times. Voice and text was working well but data was not registering as I had the exclamation mark show up. Support advised to go into settings and select the carrier "Movistar" manually in order to register data. After 2 tries, data started working fine. 

Under Cellular Networks> System Select you have to select Automatic and under preferred Network Type select Global and turn on data roaming.

I believe the MXPE is compatible with Movistars LTE but was connected to HSPA all the time.

My wife's MXPE on Verizon just showed the update to MM when I did a manual update check.

I've had Marshmallow on my MXPE for about a week and it definitely has some issues.  The Cell Standby bug is back.  It has used about 880mAh so far and my Screen on Time is only 43min and the BATT is down to 48% since being off the charger for about 13 hours.

Bluetooth is also back to draining the battery with my Moto 360 attached.  551mAh so far :(  This wasn't an issue prior to MM.  I may just factory reset to see if that clears some of these issues up.

I'm trying to make my 64gb sd card part of my internal memory storage. It's not working....when I click format as internal, its stays at 30% and then times out with an error. I grabbed my 16gb sd card, tried the same steps and it worked right away. Both cards are SanDisk Ultra. Any idea what could be causing this? I've tried over 10 times and even formating from my PC, and putting it back on my phone.

Thanks.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

How do I make sure when I buy an SD card that it's FAT32?

No no...

You should be able to reformat the exFAT SD card to FAT32 using a PC. If Windows doesn't achieve this task then track down a reformat utility.

No no...

You should be able to reformat the exFAT SD card to FAT32 using a PC. If Windows doesn't achieve this task then track down a reformat utility.

Yes windows will not allow to formart anything higher than 32gb to FAT32. I just read it in another forum. I would need a 3rd party app to make it happen.

Motorola support tells me that CA is NOT supported..

And you trust Motorola support to know anything about carrier aggregation?  Pardon me while I keel over laughing.  That is like asking Sprint customer service about Network Vision site completion.  It is naive to think that entry level workers know what you want to know.

Maybe the 2015 Moto X truly is broken, does not support 2x CA on band 41, and will not get fixed.  But I would not take the word of Motorola support on anything that technical.  Instead, I will go with the authorization lab testing that Motorola submitted to the FCC:

1182ik4.png

AJ

• Like 1