Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

Finally got my order number, looks like the right SIM is finally being sent

Product IDDescriptionQty.Order DateTracking #019962040146WW GEM LTE+GSM REM 4FF CSIM V512015-09-15

Sent from Moto X Pure via Tapatalk

Then it sounds like the radio on this phone isn't as good, which AJ pointed out in the testing numbers.

Been using the Pure on VZW today and it seems to perform very well on band 2,4 and 13. Also used it in a "signal black hole" last night and it held a call on just a whiff of 1X. VoLTE on Verizon is also strong. I have no complaints in the RF department....wayyyyyyy better then the S6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Seeing as there is no tracking number associated with my order, I'm guessing my chances of seeing a SIM today are slim and none.  I understand this is a new release device and there was some confusion on Thursday/Friday, however, this is a customer service failure of the highest order.

I'm going to be documenting my experiencing and sending it up the management chains.

• Like 2

Seeing as there is no tracking number associated with my order, I'm guessing my chances of seeing a SIM today are slim and none. I understand this is a new release device and there was some confusion on Thursday/Friday, however, this is a customer service failure of the highest order.

I'm going to be documenting my experiencing and sending it up the management chains.

I think in 2015, with the number of unlocked phones in the marketplace, that Sprint should know enough to determine in advance if they will allow the device on their network, get a device before launch to determine how to activate the handset, and get the information to tech support and store associates before launch.

I still expect hiccups in the early going as people get used to the process, but would expect that each person involved would know how to escalate the process to find someone in the know who can solve it within a couple of hours.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Seeing as there is no tracking number associated with my order, I'm guessing my chances of seeing a SIM today are slim and none. I understand this is a new release device and there was some confusion on Thursday/Friday, however, this is a customer service failure of the highest order.

I got my v5 CSIM yesterday. It took one day to get it shipped. Ups next day air...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by david279
  • Like 1

3 days in and my Moto X Pure Edition 32GB is still working very well.  It is so much faster than the LG G3 and stays connected to 4G a bit more too, especially B41.  In the break room at work, I would constantly drop to 3G after a few minutes of connecting to B25 or B26.  Now I stay connected to LTE the entire time, sometimes B41, but usually B26 and rarely B25.  It makes me very happy to have a usable device to use when I have downtime.  3G gets too saturated during the day to be useful at all, so count me in as a satisfied MXPE user on Sprint.

• Like 6

3 days in and my Moto X Pure Edition 32GB is still working very well. It is so much faster than the LG G3 and stays connected to 4G a bit more too, especially B41. In the break room at work, I would constantly drop to 3G after a few minutes of connecting to B25 or B26. Now I stay connected to LTE the entire time, sometimes B41, but usually B26 and rarely B25. It makes me very happy to have a usable device to use when I have downtime. 3G gets too saturated during the day to be useful at all, so count me in as a satisfied MXPE user on Sprint.

How much data is left in the 32gb version? Can u save photos to sd card? And can u transfer apps to sd as well? If you can answer any of these...thanks :)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Seeing as there is no tracking number associated with my order, I'm guessing my chances of seeing a SIM today are slim and none.  I understand this is a new release device and there was some confusion on Thursday/Friday, however, this is a customer service failure of the highest order.

This better not happen to the Nexus phones either!  :frantic:

How much data is left in the 32gb version? Can u save photos to sd card? And can u transfer apps to sd as well? If you can answer any of these...thanks :)

It was around 24.06 Total Space is what is left for Apps and files.  Yes, you can save pics AND transfer apps to SD, well, at least apps that support doing that.

• Like 2

It was around 24.06 Total Space is what is left for Apps and files. Yes, you can save pics AND transfer apps to SD, well, at least apps that support doing that.

I have a 16gb sd card.... I'm really torn between 32 or 16gb versions :(

I have all my apps installed and configured, along with a couple of pictures and videos from the weekend.  The pictures and videos are 373MB.  My available space is 2.81GB, I plan on picking up a 64GB or 128GB SD card for picture/video/download storage.

Edit in:

I currently have 767MB cached data and 355MB of podcasts downloaded

I have all my apps installed and configured, along with a couple of pictures and videos from the weekend. The pictures and videos are 373MB. My available space is 2.81GB, I plan on picking up a 64GB or 128GB SD card for picture/video/download storage.

Edit in:

I currently have 767MB cached data and 355MB of podcasts downloaded

That's why I bought the 64gb model. I fill my SD card with TV to watch while I'm on the road. I'm a truck driver.

• Like 1

That's why I bought the 64gb model. I fill my SD card with TV to watch while I'm on the road. I'm a truck driver.

Please excuse the off topic but what TV source do you use to download shows from?

Just got my 2 Sim cards in the mail. As you can see, the bottom one should be the correct one. Idk if anyone else has gotten theirs like mine that says Boost Virgin and Sprint. I'm guessing this is the type of Sim used on those phones from Boost n Virgin brought over to Sprint (unlocked phones). That might help some of you having trouble getting a hold of the correct Sim at stores...

abec9d5cb27da0f4422833a8e5167ab3.jpg

Just got my 2 Sim cards in the mail. As you can see, the bottom one should be the correct one. Idk if anyone else has gotten theirs like mine that says Boost Virgin and Sprint. I'm guessing this is the type of Sim used on those phones from Boost n Virgin brought over to Sprint (unlocked phones). That might help some of you having trouble getting a hold of the correct Sim at stores...

Ha!! I got shipped both of those cards too.

Idk if anyone else has gotten theirs like mine that says Boost Virgin and Sprint. I'm guessing this is the type of Sim used on those phones from Boost n Virgin brought over to Sprint (unlocked phones).

Most Sprint SIM cards are branded for their 3 major wireless brands.

Sent from my Tab 4

FYI, Moto Maker is giving an option to add a SIM for all major carriers for $5. One would think they would send the correct one for Sprint.

Wow....where is that option at, during the checkout process? I ordered mine last night and did not see that...

• Like 1

FYI, Moto Maker is giving an option to add a SIM for all major carriers for $5.  One would think they would send the correct one for Sprint.

Wow....where is that option at, during the checkout process? I ordered mine last night and did not see that...

In Moto Maker, the $5 SIM is the last option in the build process at the bottom of the page.  As reported a few weeks ago, the kitted SIM was supposed to be an option all along, but I do not think that it was added until recently.  When I tried Moto Maker on release day, I certainly do not recall seeing the SIM option.

AJ

• Like 2

In Moto Maker, the $5 SIM is the last option in the build process at the bottom of the page.  As reported a few weeks ago, the kitted SIM was supposed to be an option all along, but I do not think that it was added until recently.  When I tried Moto Maker on release day, I certainly do not recall seeing the SIM option.

AJ

I know I did not see it the last couple of times I went through the customization process, but the last time was a few days ago, at least.  I'm still on the fence about this phone.  I keep thinking, if I'm going to get it, I should get the 64GB one and get a wooden back, like I want, but that pushes the price up $125.  So, I am waffling.  One (ok, two) question(s) those of you who have it may be able to answer, though:  Does the bumper case that comes with it make enough of a lip on the front and back that, when placed either face up or face down on a flat surface, only the bumper touches, and is the bumper made of TPU?