Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

I'm guessing it will be like the iPhone, already with it. Just pick the carrier.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I thought that Multi-SIM was an Apple only thing

One note, in ordering directly from Motorola, I never got prompted to define the carrier to have the sim ship with it. I guess I'll have to hit up my local Sprint store

Good point.  I didn't even notice that.  I'll probably just use Sprint Chat and get one mailed to me in advance.  I ended up re-buying it last night and they quoted me the same Sept 17th date they originally did before my order ran into issues the first time.

I thought that Multi-SIM was an Apple only thing

Never mind then. I just looked at the memo again and it says you would need to pick a sim card up or get one mailed.

14hrs under heavy use with 30% battery left?!?! thats amazing.  These reviews have made me even more excited/giddy/checking my order status on motorola.com

So this is interesting...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Dlouv6ADsPb1ljNjhjVXctVFU/view

That is a screenshot from my order status that is complete and waiting for shipping. I can't get to any of the image sharing sites from work.

Trying with tapatalk

2080a3cd7ad8d35810f79ef086d782b8.jpg

So this is interesting...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Dlouv6ADsPb1ljNjhjVXctVFU/view

That is a screenshot from my order status that is complete and waiting for shipping. I can't get to any of the image sharing sites from work.

Trying with tapatalk

My Moto G was ordered on August 26th and it's on the same step. Hoping your order is quicker!
  • Like 1

The Snapdragon 808 is only capable of 2xCA, correct?  Like so many others, I am either buying this phone or the Nexus 5X. Since both phones are apparently starting at $399 and ship with essentially pure Android, the only other big selling point for me to differentiate between the two would be if one were to support 3XCA and the other were not.  I'm hoping the Nexus 5X does.  We shall see. 

The Snapdragon 808 is only capable of 2xCA, correct?  Like so many others, I am either buying this phone or the Nexus 5X. Since both phones are apparently starting at $399 and ship with essentially pure Android, the only other big selling point for me to differentiate between the two would be if one were to support 3XCA and the other were not.  I'm hoping the Nexus 5X does.  We shall see. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7925/qualcomms-snapdragon-808810-20nm-highend-64bit-socs-with-lte-category-67-support-in-2015

Both SoCs have a MDM9x35 derived LTE Category 6/7 modem. The SoCs feature essentially the same modem core as a 9x35 discrete modem, but with one exception: Qualcomm enabled support for 3 carrier aggregation LTE (up from 2). The discrete 9x35 modem implementation can aggregate up to two 20MHz LTE carriers in order to reach Cat 6 LTE's 300Mbps peak download rate. The 808/810, on the other hand, can combine up to three 20MHz LTE carriers (although you'll likely see 3x CA used with narrower channels, e.g. 20MHz + 5MHz + 5MHz or 20MHz + 10MHz + 10MHz). 

Enabling 3x LTE CA requires two RF transceiver front ends: Qualcomm's WTR3925 and WTR3905. The WTR3925 is a single chip, 2x CA RF transceiver and you need the WTR3905 to add support for combining another carrier.

So it looks like hardware wise it is possible (at the cost of an additional transceiver) on both the 808 and 810 but someone more in tune with hardware in this area than me might have a better answer as to why or why not it is likely.  As far as I know only some places (South Korea) have deployed 3x CA. My RF experience is @5.7-MMW so this isn't something I actively follow. Hopefully someone else can chime in about 3x CA plans that they know of.

The Snapdragon 808 is only capable of 2xCA, correct?

No, it is capable of 3x CA.  Cletus is more or less correct in the post above.

The Snapdragon 810 and 808 are no different in baseband abilities.  Both have on chipset the same Snapdragon X10 LTE modem.  The AnandTech article is a bit out of date now, as the Snapdragon X10 LTE is not an MDM9635 integrated on die.  It has been improved to a Category 9 modem, and no standalone MDM96xx baseband exists with the same capabilities.

Back to 3x CA, though, that also requires multiple RF transceivers or a next generation RF transceiver.  No Sprint device, to our knowledge, has implemented 3x CA -- even though the latest Qualcomm modems support 3x CA on Sprint.  Basically, wait for the next round of flagship caliber handsets for 3x CA 20 MHz TDD band 41.

AJ

You should donate heavily for the chance to win the S4GRU Moto X.  And if you don't end up winning that, then you can buy the new Nexus 5.  :tu:

Robert

• Like 2

No, it is capable of 3x CA.  Cletus is more or less correct in the post above.

The Snapdragon 810 and 808 are no different in baseband abilities.  Both have on chipset the same Snapdragon X10 LTE modem.  The AnandTech article is a bit out of date now, as the Snapdragon X10 LTE is not an MDM9635 integrated on die.  It has been improved to a Category 9 modem, and no standalone MDM96xx baseband exists with the same capabilities.

Back to 3x CA, though, that also requires multiple RF transceivers or a next generation RF transceiver.  No Sprint device, to our knowledge, has implemented 3x CA -- even though the latest Qualcomm modems support 3x CA on Sprint.  Basically, wait for the next round of flagship caliber handsets for 3x CA 20 MHz TDD band 41.

AJ

Frankly, improvements in reception are more important to me than support for aggregating more than 2 carriers. At least on mobile devices. I could see wanting 3xCA on built into a netbook or laptop though.

• Like 1

Well I went ahead and ordered a new SIM card via Sprint Chat.  Should be here early next week - well before my new Moto X arrives!

I read the Motorola Order Status had/has a glitch by showing 'Order Complete' as the status, but here's to hoping they had some pre-made and start shipping earlier than expected!  :D

• Like 1

I assume you reordered your failed order? The Milwaukee market needs you back. Been rrreeeaaaalll quiet over there. I guess not much to report really.

Sorry, we did get a new tower on the East side though in Madison. That was exciting.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

I assume you reordered your failed order? The Milwaukee market needs you back. Been rrreeeaaaalll quiet over there. I guess not much to report really.

Sorry, we did get a new tower on the East side though in Madison. That was exciting.

Yeah I reordered it later that night.  Just miss Android too much, ha.  Going back to my old Nexus 5 until the Moto X comes in since I am trying to sell the iPhone.  If you know anyone that wants one, let me know!  Ha.

Yeah I reordered it later that night. Just miss Android too much, ha. Going back to my old Nexus 5 until the Moto X comes in since I am trying to sell the iPhone. If you know anyone that wants one, let me know! Ha.

All those Apple lovers in DoIT and you can't find a buyer???

• Like 1

All those Apple lovers in DoIT and you can't find a buyer???

Meh..  Good point.  Although you would be surprised.  Most that I work with on a day to day basis have Androids.  Software developers usually like the freedom to do whatever they want to their devices.  iOS gets boring.

Yeah I reordered it later that night. Just miss Android too much, ha. Going back to my old Nexus 5 until the Moto X comes in since I am trying to sell the iPhone. If you know anyone that wants one, let me know! Ha.

Swappa.com is a great site for selling phones if you haven't already done so already.

Swappa.com is a great site for selling phones if you haven't already done so already.

Yeah. I will probably end up going that route.

Man I just reactivated my Nexus. Honestly seems so smooth. And I missed the extra screen real estate. Probably was a good idea to use this for awhile so I didn't have to go straight from the 4.7 inch iPhone to the 5.7 inch Moto X.

• Like 1

Meh..  Good point.  Although you would be surprised.  Most that I work with on a day to day basis have Androids.  Software developers usually like the freedom to do whatever they want to their devices.  iOS gets boring.

Heck, I figure I can wait to order the Moto X.  Give the guys on xda time to root the phone.  I can't stand having a phone that isn't rooted.