Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

Would the assumption here be that the Moto X Pure will not have access to Sprint's WiFi calling like the Nexus phones then since they are unlocked?  The N6 doesn't have it (Motorola manufactured), but maybe the Pure will have the right WiFi calling protocols since Moto worked with Sprint originally?  Thoughts? 

The 2015 Moto X requires a 4FF nano SIM. I do not recall if the LG G3 uses the same or a 3FF micro SIM. Even if you do not require a new SIM, you will need to contact CS to activate the CDMA2000 side of the service.

AJ

The G3 has a 3FF sim.

If i buy this unlocked either through Moto BB or Amazon, how will i activate it? I have a G3; just pop in my Sprint sim card in there??

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Check out http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7063-moto-x-2015/page-7&do=findComment&comment=434326, it has a document that was sent out to Sprint stores on this device.  Basically they are being treated like Google Play purchased Nexus 6 devices

Would the assumption here be that the Moto X Pure will not have access to Sprint's WiFi calling like the Nexus phones then since they are unlocked?  The N6 doesn't have it (Motorola manufactured), but maybe the Pure will have the right WiFi calling protocols since Moto worked with Sprint originally?  Thoughts? 

Sprint has an odd implementation of Wifi calling if I remember correctly, that is why the Nexus 6 doesn't support it.  With no carrier add-ons, I'd assume the Moto X Pure will not support the service either.

• Like 1

How do I look at what size sim my note 4 has? I'd love to not have to get a new one and just swap mine in the X

It is a 3FF micro SIM.  Only the latest generation of Samsung Galaxy handsets switched to the 4FF nano SIM.

AJ

So the newer galaxies have the 4ff sim (s6 s6 plus and note 5) so assuming most sprint stores should have them in stock. So all we would have to do is take the phone in and get them to activate it. Also wonder if sprints phone insurance will cover the phone.

Sent from a Note 4

• Like 1

So the newer galaxies have the 4ff sim (s6 s6 plus and note 5) so assuming most sprint stores should have them in stock. So all we would have to do is take the phone in and get them to activate it. Also wonder if sprints phone insurance will cover the phone.

Sent from a Note 4

I would guess their phone insurance doesn't cover this phone, since they don't sell the phone in store, so they wouldn't be able to give you a replacement if something went wrong with it.

I'm assuming the device ships with no SIM and I'd need to get one from Sprint. Do Sprint stores typically stock these? Should I call in advance?

Check the past 2 maybe 3 pages of the Note 4 thread. Someone posted an international chat link. That's what I used to order my wife's sim.

You are correct. The phone will not come with one.

I would guess their phone insurance doesn't cover this phone, since they don't sell the phone in store, so they wouldn't be able to give you a replacement if something went wrong with it.

That sucks, I've used the Insurance a couple of times already. It's nice to have.

Sent from a Note 4

Well, they use Asurion for the insurance program which will likely have Moto X Pure phones???  They rarely, if ever, will give you a phone from their stock that they sell, unless it's a very special case.  So maybe they still would cover it?  Someone said that they were able to add it to an unlocked phone in the Nexus thread when they activated it. 

That sucks, I've used the Insurance a couple of times already. It's nice to have.

Sent from a Note 4

Motorola has their own extended warranty plan. Also have other options like Squaretrade.  Lacks convenience of just going to a Sprint store, but you can still get your device fixed. 

Best insurance you can get is at Best Buy.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

SquareTrade is $99 for two years with a $75 deductible, very affordable

SquareTrade is $99 for two years with a $75 deductible, very affordable

When I cracked my screen, I sent in my phone to Samsung for repair and Squaretrade sent me a check for the total cost of repair.

I highly recommend Squaretrade.

• Like 1

In case yall missed it... from the reddits

Sprint SIM included.  Woo hoo!

AJ

• Like 7

I get more and more excited about this phone the more I read about it.  It will certainly be the replacement to my One M8 now that Motorola finally did it right on this one.  The old Moto X almost became my phone, but the lack of an SD Card slot killed it for me.  They've fixed that glaring problem IMO.

• Like 1

Saw this on Twitter, they are killing me 
https://twitter.com/lenovo/status/638697872435884032

Lenovo 

SPOTTED THIS MORNING in New York: a colorful sea of #HelloMoto. @Motorola pic.twitter.com/zen1ShmpWL