ENTER TO WIN A 2015 MOTO X PURE EDITION!!!

S4GRU

RAFFLE CLOSED!  NO NEW ENTRIES!

gallery_1_2_141085.png

LIMITED TIME PROMOTION!!!  YOU COULD POSSIBLY WIN A NEW UNLOCKED 2015 MOTOROLA X PURE EDITION WITH PERSONALIZED COLORS IF YOU DONATE TO SUPPORT S4GRU

The Goal

The goal is to have some fun and possibly raise some money to support S4GRU.  We are currently also doing a raffle for the iPhone 6s.  Last year we did a raffle for the 2014 Moto X that was wildly popular.  But this year, the new Moto X Pure Edition is available for use on the Sprint network.  We have been asked repeatedly to do it again this year for the new Moto X Pure Edition.  If we can raise enough money to cover the device by 8 PM Eastern Time on Friday, September 25th, then we will schedule the raffle.  The device is shown in colors close to S4GRU's new colors, dark teal and metallic lemon lime.  But the contest winner can select the colors.

This device is not limited to only Sprint.  It comes fully unlocked, so the winner can use this device on most networks in the U.S. and many outside the U.S. too.

The Plan

If we are able to raise at least as much as the device costs us, we will add any additional proceeds to the S4GRU general fund.  If we can't raise enough, we may cancel the project and offer to refund everyone their money.

And which model it ends up being depends on how much money we can raise.  If we raise just $400, it will be the 16GB.  If we raise $500, it will be the 32GB.  If we raise $600, it will be the 64GB.  And any donations collected exceeding $600 will go to support S4GRU.  Yes, we know that the 32GB is $50 less and the 64GB is $100 less. The differences would go to support S4GRU.

We have raised enough that the contest winner will get the 64GB model  Upgrade selections, like wood or leather backing can be paid by the contest winner, if they so desire.  

The Raffle

Each donation to the MOTO X PROMO will receive a range of numbers, equating to one number for every dollar you donate.  The minimum donation to the cause is $10.  If you donate $10, you get a range of 10 numbers.  If you donate $100, you get a range of 100 numbers.  The more you donate, the greater your chances of winning.  There is no limit to the amount you can donate...in amount or frequency.  But it needs to be at least $10 per donation to the MOTO X PROMO.

You will receive a Private Message from S4GRU giving you your numbers after your donation.  Most likely within 8-12 hours, but could take a day or two.

We will stop accepting donations at 8PM Eastern on Friday, September 25th.  Any donations received after that time will not be counted toward this promotion.  I will announce when we will hold the drawing...we will do it in a live chat setting.  Date and time to be announced.  We will select a number at random using my random number generator app in my BlackBerry Z30.  You do not need to be present in the live chat to win.

All money donated to the raffle will be credited to your S4GRU accumulation total and will count toward future upgrades.  If you are not currently a S4GRU Sponsor, you will be given Sponsor status for six months with the minimum $10 raffle donation.

To Enter

Go to the S4GRU PayPal Donation section by clicking on this hyperlink or by going to the S4GRU Main Forums Page and clicking the donate button in the upper right hand corner.  Enter an amount you want to donate for this promotion, minimum $10.  In the notes section, tell us your screen name and type MOTO X PROMO.  If you forget to do that in the PayPal donation, then send me a Message.  You will get a message response giving you your raffle numbers by 10 PM Eastern on 9/25/2015.  If you don't get them, message me.

Rules

S4GRU Membership is not required to enter.  S4GRU Staff Members and their families are ineligible to win.  Default colors selected are Dark Teal back with Metallic Lemon Lime accents, Black front/Dark Gray frame, however Contest Winner will be given option to select colors.  Dollars spent on the promotion will count toward future upgrades.  There is no cash value of the prize.  S4GRU will pay the shipping costs to the winner.  The device is unlocked and Motorola says it is compatible with AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile.  It likely can be used on many more, but S4GRU cannot guarantee operability on any network.  A SIM card purchase for the winner's preferred network may be required and is not paid by S4GRU.   Pre-scheduled automatic recurring payments to S4GRU during the contest period will not be eligible for entry in the contest.  This contest is void where prohibited.  The contest may be subject to amendment or cancellation as necessary.

• Like 12

gallery_1_2_141085.png

I know that phone is supposed to look like the S4GRU colors...  but man..  Every time I look at it I think Green Bay Packers.  And I live in WI and hate the Packers.  :lol:

Maybe I'll throw a little in for it even though I already pre-ordered.  Wife might need a new phone soon.  :D

• Like 4

I made a change to the rules.  Donations will count toward future upgrades to Premier Sponsor and Honored Premier Sponsor.  If you are currently not a S4GRU Sponsor and donate to the promotion, you will get a S4GRU Sponsor access.

• Like 3

I know that phone is supposed to look like the S4GRU colors...  but man..  Every time I look at it I think Green Bay Packers.  And I live in WI and hate the Packers.  :lol:

Maybe I'll throw a little in for it even though I already pre-ordered.  Wife might need a new phone soon.  :D

If you hate the Packers, then donate so you can win and ensure the phone will not be made in those colors!  :hah:

• Like 1

Get a chance to hit Honored Premier Sponsor and get a Moto X? Sounds awesome  :)

And may I say, Sir, your avatar looks smashing with Honored Premier underneath it.

• Like 1

We have made it just over half way to the minimum it will take to hold the raffle.  When you consider the odds of winning, it is way better than any mainstream contest.  So make a donation for your chance to win.  And you get to support S4GRU in the process.  Win-win!

• Like 3

We have now received about 3/4 of the amount needed for the minimum to hold the raffle.  Make your donation for your chance to win...it will go to support S4GRU too!

Did you already pre-order your Moto X?  Well, join this contest anyway.  Now you will have one for your spouse or a kid, sibling, best friend.  Don't let your pre-order stop you from possibly getting another one.   :banana:

• Like 1

OK, we definitely will be holding the raffle.  We have now brought in at least the minimum required to hold the raffle.  Currently we will be auctioning off the 16GB model.  But as we take in more donations, we will increase it to 32GB or possibly even 64GB.

Keep entering, multiple times.  It will increase your odds.  It will give you more numbers spread out across the spectrum range.  And as we take in additional money, it increases the memory of the raffled model.  And all the proceeds after paying for the device will go to support S4GRU.  

And if you guys (and gals) donate so much money that it exceeds my expectations, I will throw in a upgraded back or other options.  We would love to raise some good funds for S4GRU out of this.

Enter early...and often!  Thanks!

Robert

• Like 2

How close are we to the 32GB model?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last time I checked, like $20-$25.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

How close are we to the 32GB model?

Last time I checked, like $20-$25.

Just as a reminder, the winner can always pay for Moto Maker customization/upgrades.  A $10 entry plus a $50 upgrade for 32 GB could still win you a $450 handset.  Not a bad deal.

AJ

• Like 2

We have now crossed the threshold to get the 64GB model.  Keep donating, as now the money collected will be benefitting the support of S4GRU.

One lucky winner is going to be the happy recipient of a brand new, custom color selected 64GB Moto X Pure Edition, unlocked for your personal provider choice.

Thank you all who have entered.  You can enter as many times as you like.  Best of luck!

Robert

• Like 5

Robert,

I realize S4GRU has done raffles previously, but this seems like a great way to help increase contributions.  I've been donating anyway, but the chance to win a replacement Moto X or a new iPhone and help keep S4GRU online is great.

• Like 3

Robert,

I realize S4GRU has done raffles previously, but this seems like a great way to help increase contributions. I've been donating anyway, but the chance to win a replacement Moto X or a new iPhone and help keep S4GRU online is great.

We will have to see how successful they are. Because with the major device cost up front really eats up the funds (especially on the iPhone). They may drive a lot of donations, but only have a small impact on our finances. But we have still almost two weeks left. So I'm optimistic.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 2

I have no idea about this phone or selecting colors ...  but  I'll drop something in the barrel.

Does the winner have to select colors right away or is it something the owner can change at will?

For those who know as little as me about this phone:  http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-pure-edition

We will have to see how successful they are. Because with the major device cost up front really eats up the funds (especially on the iPhone). They may drive a lot of donations, but only have a small impact on our finances. But we have still almost two weeks left. So I'm optimistic.

Got me to cough up again ... so hopefully, it helps.  I have enjoyed the fellowship here.

I am glad to see at least one of these drawings is going as planned or better.   :tu:

I have no idea about this phone or selecting colors ...  but  I'll drop something in the barrel.

Does the winner have to select colors right away or is it something the owner can change at will?

For those who know as little as me about this phone:  http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-pure-edition

Got me to cough up again ... so hopefully, it helps.  I have enjoyed the fellowship here.

I am glad to see at least one of these drawings is going as planned or better.   :tu:

The winner will need to select the colors before I place the order.  I'm willing to hold the order for the winner for awhile for them to come up with selections.