Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

$474?  Isn't that a bit more than the $399 price?  I guess because of the Bamboo backing?  Seems steep for bamboo. 

I think it is more also because of the 32GB.  Isn't the base model only 16GB?  This or the new Nexus 5 will most likely be the device to get me back to Android.  Really thinking about pre-ordering this from Moto in 30 minutes...

I think it is more also because of the 32GB.  Isn't the base model only 16GB?  This or the new Nexus 5 will most likely be the device to get me back to Android.  Really thinking about pre-ordering this from Moto in 30 minutes...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7063-moto-x-2015-pure-edition/?p=440123

Literally says 32GB for Moto X at $399.99...

• Like 1

I understand that.  But it is also from Sprint, not Motorola - and only supposed to be an internal memo.  Historically, the Bamboo back has been an additional $25, and the 32GB version was an additional $50 (if you look at the Moto Maker for the 2014 version)  Seems possible since the 32GB Bamboo back happens to be exactly $75 extra. 

Maybe Amazon is charging a little extra?  Guess we will find out in about 15 minutes.

It's up for pre-order through Moto.  $399.99 for 16GB. We'll see how Sprint prices it.

Here's a link though I'm not sure how reliable it is, got it from androidcentral.

Edited by always_learner

Well I ordered one.  With the MicroSD slot and the fact that I don't install a ton of apps, I went with the 16GB version.  Went with the white front, walnut back, and silver accent.  Tried to keep it a little bit simple, but the wood backs really intrigued me.  ;)

Estimated delivery is 9/17 for me. 

I just looked at moto maker real quick( still at work so I can't really look hard) witch option do I choose to get the micro SD card? I'm between the 16gb( if there is enough internal storage) or the 32gb, hoping both have the SD card I'd be fine.

Sent from a Note 4

Well I ordered one.  With the MicroSD slot and the fact that I don't install a ton of apps, I went with the 16GB version.  Went with the white front, walnut back, and silver accent.  Tried to keep it a little bit simple, but the wood backs really intrigued me.  ;)

You are worse than me!!!!  Your wife (assuming, GF, partner, hey, who are we to judge) must hate your decision making!!  Ha, that was like less than 20 minutes total in that waffle, wafer and purchase. 

If WiFi calling works, this may be one I'd consider.  I'm still assuming it won't work though.  Please someone prove me wrong. 

Also, honestly, the 16GB version is probably a bad choice.  With the amount of overhead the apps like FB, Maps, G+, and others take, I'm always clearing cache on my 16GB S5 just to stay afloat.  32GB should really be the minimum for all Android phones when the OS takes about 5 itself. 

I went 16GB black/grey/black, very basic

I wouldn't count on any Sprint specific apps such as Sprint Zone or Wifi calling, these are "Pure" devices with no carrier input.

With the MicroSD slot, I'll toss a 64/128GB card in there and store most stuff there.  Most of the storage on my current 16GB S4T is pictures/video/downloaded media.  All that can live on the SD card, i don't play huge games, etc.

• Like 1

And to think I haven't even used 10GB of my 32GB Nexus 6.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

To each their own, doesn't leave a lot of room if you want to install any games with sizable storage.  I also have a 64GB SD card on mine for pictures and everything else.  Samsung phones also just suck at the moment (any with 5.0 still). 

• Like 1

If you want Sprint Zone, etc just download the apk on XDA and install it. That's what I did for my n5 when there were network issues around me. As soon as you guys get your can you post a few pictures? I'd like to get a rough idea of what the different options really look like, especially the wood back.

To each their own, doesn't leave a lot of room if you want to install any games with sizable storage. I also have a 64GB SD card on mine for pictures and everything else. Samsung phones also just suck at the moment (any with 5.0 still).

Not a criticism. I know everyone has different memory needs. And frankly, I'm surprised how little I really need for what I do.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 1

I'm going to wait it out until the Nexus is announced and then make a decision. The ship date for the one I want is the 21st...ugh so close to rumored nexus announcement. Plus I got no money... haha :-(

You are worse than me!!!!  Your wife (assuming, GF, partner, hey, who are we to judge) must hate your decision making!!  Ha, that was like less than 20 minutes total in that waffle, wafer and purchase. 

If WiFi calling works, this may be one I'd consider.  I'm still assuming it won't work though.  Please someone prove me wrong. 

Meh..  Well I was using a credit card I haven't used in a while because I have enough in cash back rewards to pretty much pay for most of the phone..  but since I hadn't used the card in awhile I got an email and text from their fraud department asking to confirm the purchase.  By time I got home from work and saw the messages, Motorola had already canceled the transaction..

Now all of the configurations I would be willing to go with are all backordered.  Guess it is a sign - maybe I need to wait for the Nexus announcement. 

Oh and the 16GB has never been an issue for me (but I do agree that 32GB should be standard).  My 2013 Nexus 5 is 16GB and I never had less than 3 GB free.  I offload pictures and videos all the time and never play any real big games.  If this was a Samsung or LG device, I would probably feel a little bit more of a push to bump the storage since they like to throw in so many useless apps.

• Like 1

I was in a meeting with a student at 2pm, was not able to steal away for a few minutes until 2:25pm.  I was mobile, and the Motorola site was not loading quickly on my 2014 Moto X.  But I was able to configure a default 16 GB, then edit to my preferred white/silver/bamboo 16 GB -- both with dates of September 17.  I did not go to checkout, though, as I expected the credit card entry process to be tedious on mobile.  And I needed to get back to my meeting.

So, I let it ride, waited until I got home at 5pm, then tried again on an actual computer.  Dates had shifted to backordered until September 22.  Not a great sign.

I switched over to Amazon.  Outside of Moto Maker, the white/silver/bamboo 16 GB is one of the default configurations for Amazon and Best Buy.  I was able to preorder one with a delivery date of September 11.  In this thread, the earliest reported date that I have seen from Moto Maker is September 15.  We shall see if Amazon has the stock to fulfill its orders even more quickly than Motorola itself.

AJ

• Like 2

One note, in ordering directly from Motorola, I never got prompted to define the carrier to have the sim ship with it. I guess I'll have to hit up my local Sprint store

• Like 1

One note, in ordering directly from Motorola, I never got prompted to define the carrier to have the sim ship with it. I guess I'll have to hit up my local Sprint store

I'm guessing it will be like the iPhone, already with it. Just pick the carrier.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk