Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

This is what  I got from the confirmation email  from Sprint when requesting the SIM

Item number 760494000114

Item description LTEGSM REMOV 4FF CSIM V3

Hmm below is what they shipped me.  Hopefully we both got ones that will work correctly...  :(

I had the rep 100% confirm during the chat that this sim card will work for the new Moto X Pure.

SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV

Hmm below is what they shipped me.  Hopefully we both got ones that will work correctly...  :(

I had the rep 100% confirm during the chat that this sim card will work for the new Moto X Pure.

SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV

Seems like both have the same description. So I believe both might work. 

I just talked with my Corp Store in Lansing, MI they have the SIM, but can only give it to me in activating the phone.  They need to create a ticket to take it out of inventory and that is apparently the process.  However, they have a stock of them so it shouldn't be an issue to get one from them.

My tracking has the phone leaving Hong Kong and into China now.  The Motorola shipping date is Tuesday, but the Fed Ex schedule is Monday.  We'll see when it gets here...

The eagle has landed.

s4nfux.jpg

309kcuw.jpg

AJ

• Like 9

AJ

*drool* It doesn't look that much bigger, right about the M9 size wise (compared to how my M9 looks next to my n5). How is it when you hold it in your hand compared to the n5?

Hey thanks for the pictures! I have an N5 and my one concern about choosing the moto X pure was the larger size but that makes it seem not that much larger, really. Beautiful phone.

For once I am going to wait for RF comparisons and reviews between the moto x and N5X before buying. That phone really is tempting just from looks alone.

• Like 1

AJ....

Not blasting you, just curious. You won't use the 5.9” Nexus 6, but the MXPE @5.7" is ok? Again, not judging.

Give us some RF details when possible.

Thank you

The Nexus 6 is noticeably longer and wider (both about 0.33 in) than the 2015 Moto X, while the 2015 Moto X is noticeably longer but barely wider than the 2014 Moto X.  That is a key difference.  You still can easily wrap one hand around the handset.  I would prefer a smaller screen for a smaller phone, but I will give the 2015 Moto X a try as a compromise.  It may get retired to my technology museum very early if I do not like it, as I will also buy a 2015 Nexus 5 when it becomes available.

As for RF, I wrote up FCC OET testing analysis somewhere.  It is not in the article on The Wall.  Maybe it is buried in this thread.  Or we kept it among the staff for the time being.  The figures are good but not quite as solid as those of the 2014 Moto X.  Still, even with not quite as much uplink ERP/EIRP, the 2015 Moto X may provide a better LTE experience.  Firmware and programming also play roles.  Each new generation of handsets seems to acquire and hold LTE better than the previous generation.  So, we shall see.  I doubt that I will have time for activation today, thus will have to wait until tomorrow.

AJ

• Like 3

Wait so a Sprint nano sim from my n6 won't work?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It probably will.

Edited by S4GRU
Looks like I was wrong, not the first time.

Nano sim from my nexus 6 doesn't work. Neither does the simglw406r. Rep said it requires a special sim?

My understanding is that the Nexus 6 uses a #3FF nano sim and the MXPE takes a #4FF nano sim.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

My understanding is that the Nexus 6 uses a #3FF nano sim and the MXPE takes a #4FF nano sim.

No.  All Moto X handsets dating back three generations now have required 4FF nano SIMs.  The Nexus 6 is no different.  Along with Apple, Motorola was one of the first OEMs to switch away from 3FF micro SIMs.

AJ

Delivery was attempted today, no one home to sign for it, going to try to get it at the FedEx office after work

Bummer, mine according to Amazon and USPS it was delivered in my mailbox and checked last night and nothing... I called USPS this morning and they stated to wait a few more days :S

My SIM will arrive today.

Found this on xda

Already posted in this very thread weeks ago.  Try to keep up to date.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7063-moto-x-2015-pure-edition/?p=440123

AJ

• Like 2

Also this curious thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoX/comments/3kgy8s/sprint_is_being_difficult_with_the_moto_x_pure/

I just read that thread. Has anyone here experienced this? If so, have you been able to resolve the problem? How?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk