iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I jumped up to 8.5GB this month. I've previously never cracked 5. I still have 3 days left in my cycle... I bet I'll pop over 10GB by then...

I did 250 mb of speed tests in less than 5 minutes lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

I did 250 mb of speed tests in less than 5 minutes lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Looks like I better bump my Framily plan back up to unlimited data before I pick up my 6+. Smh

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here's the unburdened (because it's 9pm) Clear B41 site about a half mile (at most) from my house:

8099e417b508632c7dd6e7b792d9dd36.jpg

Can't wait for those 8T8Rs to fire up so this hotness can cover way more ground. :)

BTW, Mapped it with Sensorly & it showed up. I think we can finally contribute to the Purple. :D

• Like 8

Here's the unburdened (because it's 9pm) Clear B41 site about a half mile (at most) from my house:8099e417b508632c7dd6e7b792d9dd36.jpg

Can't wait for those 8T8Rs to fire up so this hotness can cover way more ground. :)

BTW, Mapped it with Sensorly & it showed up. I think we can finally contribute to the Purple. :D

Please explain how this awesome happens.

not speed but the mapping. Did you leave the app open?

My bad! :)

I just hit Start Speedtest - my blips will show (as my house is orange from speed tests).

So we can map with Speedtests, but we can't map for coverage. On the iOS app, you can view a speedtests map, and it will show where we ran the test and got what speeds, but if you go to the coverage maps, you can't map with that.

-Anthony

So we can map with Speedtests, but we can't map for coverage. On the iOS app, you can view a speedtests map, and it will show where we ran the test and got what speeds, but if you go to the coverage maps, you can't map with that.

-Anthony

You can map coverage using RootMetrics.  It does speed tests too.

• Like 2

e3539255c48edfd66a6d6b96f0985b1d.jpg

People be careful. This is my best friends cousins iPhone 6. RIP

That makes me cringe just thinking about it. How did it happen?

Also, on the bright side, Apple now repairs broken screens:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

Looks like the 6 is $109 & 6+ is $129 as long as no other damage was done to the phone. If this is a good repair its much better than having to replace the phone outright.

That makes me cringe just thinking about it. How did it happen?

Also, on the bright side, Apple now repairs broken screens:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

Looks like the 6 is $109 & 6+ is $129 as long as no other damage was done to the phone. If this is a good repair its much better than having to replace the phone outright.

He doesn't know. It's a disturbing picture for sure.

You can map coverage using RootMetrics.  It does speed tests too.

Wonder why they won't map on sensorly but they will with root metrics? I just downloaded metrics so I can map

I'm pretty sure it's 100% Clearwire conversions. Everywhere I've found B41 has happened to be pretty close to what used to be a WIMAX tower.

Also I've noticed that some B41 sites in/around Baltimore don't work... at all. It's consistent too, the three dead sites are always dead. Pretty annoying.

There are a lot of 8T8R acceptances in the Baltimore market.

• Like 2

What the hell do you mean he doesn't know. That can't happen without some sort of intervention (fall, sat on, run over, etc). Phones don't simply crack for the heck of it. 

TS

What the hell do you mean he doesn't know. That can't happen without some sort of intervention (fall, sat on, run over, etc). Phones don't simply crack for the heck of it. 

TS

Do we need to call Department of Social Services on them for phone abuse?

• Like 3

People be careful. This is my best friends cousins iPhone 6. RIP

Looks like my wife's!  We just got the box to ship it to Apple for repairs last night.  Mailing it out today so hopefully she will have her phone back by early next week!

TS

That phone looks like it was thrown against the concrete....hard. That picture just scared me so much I just put my case back on my phone....

I agree, seems like a drop test accident.

Point is, if you he bought an expensive $xxxx amount of phone, and doesn't know what happened to it that results in a cracked screen, then maybe they shouldn't get said expensive device in the first place. 

Its more likely that he is embarrassed that he dropped it or gave it to someone and they dropped it. But seriously, I refuse to believe that can happen on its own and or the owner does not know what caused it.  

TS

Point is, if you he bought an expensive $xxxx amount of phone, and doesn't know what happened to it that results in a cracked screen, then maybe they shouldn't get said expensive device in the first place. 

Its more likely that he is embarrassed that he dropped it or gave it to someone and they dropped it. But seriously, I refuse to believe that can happen on its own and or the owner does not know what caused it.  

TS

Yeh...When my phone breaks, I will know exactly how it broke and probably how hard and what angle it hit the screen. I see that type of stuff in slow motion, as I am reaching for it and gasping at the highest pitch I possibly can.

Meanwhile, it's going back in the case. After it slid out of my pocket and onto the CARPET floor 3 times last night from my ikea chair, I've decided it's too damn slippery to have without a case (but oh so perty). That could happen in my car when driving and then like fall out the door or something. Or in class and slide onto the tile floors. Or at the gym, or or or.....eek

TS

FWIW, I think Josh said it was his best friend's cousin's phone so it was probably lost in translation - I'm just curious what type of drop, fall, or running over by a car caused that kind of damage....