iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

In other news, when is Tapatalk going to update their POS app for the new iPhones?????????

#WorstDevTeamEver

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

I've been wondering this for all apps. Now on the 3rd week that iOS 8 has been released and half the apps still haven't been correctly resized for the screen. That and they ALL crash, especially crapatalk.

I'm still getting updated apps all the time. I just got a clump of them yesterday of 3-5 updated for iPhone 6/6+.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

So...  Apple has my wife's shattered iPhone 6.  And they are now telling me that I initially selected to have to replaced instead of repaired (not true).  So they are going to end up charging me for the full replacement price (I think $299) instead of the $109 for just the screen.

This is the first time I have had to deal with Apple service, and I am not impressed.  Very frustrating.  When I initially went to start the repair service, I didn't see an option for just repair, so I even went into Apple Chat and made sure that they would repair it if it ends up being repairable.  The rep assured me that everyone gets charged the $299 first (without Applecare+) and then after diagnostics if they discover it is repairable then they go that route.  Instead, they didn't even test my wife's device.  They just automatically set it up for a replacement!  :angry:   :lol:   Can't help but laugh...  but very disappointed.  I hope they can work this out with me.....

So...  Apple has my wife's shattered iPhone 6.  And they are now telling me that I initially selected to have to replaced instead of repaired (not true).  So they are going to end up charging me for the full replacement price (I think $299) instead of the $109 for just the screen.

This is the first time I have had to deal with Apple service, and I am not impressed.  Very frustrating.  When I initially went to start the repair service, I didn't see an option for just repair, so I even went into Apple Chat and made sure that they would repair it if it ends up being repairable.  The rep assured me that everyone gets charged the $299 first (without Applecare+) and then after diagnostics if they discover it is repairable then they go that route.  Instead, they didn't even test my wife's device.  They just automatically set it up for a replacement!  :angry:   :lol:   Can't help but laugh...  but very disappointed.  I hope they can work this out with me.....

Sounds like a bad experience, but I've only had to go directly to the Apple store locally - where they diag and fix.  My wife's iPhone 5 had the power button fall off after 8 months.. we laughed because she wore it out from facebook.. but apple replaced the phone on the spot - no charge.  Then my iPhone 5c touch screen would jump all over.. touch one place and it was like you touched another.. it was 10 months old.. they diag'd it on the spot and replaced it as well no charge.  Both of those were covered under basic warranty ( I had no Apple care on either ) because there was no sign that those things were my fault or hers.  But I must confess I didnt think they would fix ( far from replace ) my iPhone 5c - because I had dropped it in the bathtub weeks before - it turns out the water never made it inside.. 

I'm sorry to hear your service experience with Apple is less then good. You should try and escalate this, perhaps writing a polite but frank email to Apple .  It's too bad you couldnt take it to a local store where they do most of that plus - in my experience - they just replace 'em on the spot.  I know they do screen repairs in apple stores which usually you pick up hours later.. I know this was someones fault - the screen.. but in store they diag the phone and tell you "Its just the screen" or not..

Unfortunately, what Ive found with almost any company is the level of service depends all too often on if you're dealing with someone who doesnt give a crap.  And some work whatever job they do just to get by, regardless of company philosophy or protocol.  Apple has alot of good people from what ive seen.. obviously I cant say it sounds good from your pov

Yeah read this the other day.. And although iPhones don't go on sale in China till 10/10.. I read an article around then that said 4 million reservations had been made for the iP6.. Later I beleive I found another article that claimed it was near 5 million

So... Apple has my wife's shattered iPhone 6. And they are now telling me that I initially selected to have to replaced instead of repaired (not true). So they are going to end up charging me for the full replacement price (I think $299) instead of the $109 for just the screen.

This is the first time I have had to deal with Apple service, and I am not impressed. Very frustrating. When I initially went to start the repair service, I didn't see an option for just repair, so I even went into Apple Chat and made sure that they would repair it if it ends up being repairable. The rep assured me that everyone gets charged the $299 first (without Applecare+) and then after diagnostics if they discover it is repairable then they go that route. Instead, they didn't even test my wife's device. They just automatically set it up for a replacement! :angry::lol: Can't help but laugh... but very disappointed. I hope they can work this out with me.....

I'd call 1-800-MYAPPLE and ask to talk with someone about this. They'll resolve it to your satisfaction.

Anyone use the Lightning-SDCard adapter? It doesn't seem to work with the iPhone 6, and I could have swore it worked with my 5.

Never knew it existed, kinda gave up on that on my wife's last blackberry.. It took more work to transfer files from that micro sd card to the computer once I was used to the wireless wifi syncing on the iphone..now cloud takes that even further..

I use Apple free 5gb and u can pay .99 cents a month for 20Gb but why?

I downloaded MS One Drive to my iP6+ and you get like 23 Gb for free (15+ another 8 as a promo).. That's where my pics were back up

The Lightning-to-SD card reader is great if you are out and about using a real camera, I don't think it was intended to be a good way to transfer files on a regular basis outside of being able to download pictures from a real camera. I use it on my iPad with great success, but only on vacation.

http://www.cultofandroid.com/69646/bendgates-latest-victim-samsungs-new-galaxy-note-4/

Wow. I wish this guy would stop spreading this shit. This is not a "scientific test." It is absolute BS and puts a phone in a completely un-natural position. I hope he looses his credibility, or at least this becomes famous too so people will shut the hell up about iPhone. Either that or Apple should sue him for defamation. I wonder how popular this will be compared to the iPhone bendgate conspiracy. 

The Lightning-to-SD card reader is great if you are out and about using a real camera, I don't think it was intended to be a good way to transfer files on a regular basis outside of being able to download pictures from a real camera. I use it on my iPad with great success, but only on vacation.

I only use it for transferring photos from an SD card in a game camera by a deer feeder of ours.  Just tested with my wife's iPhone 5 and it doesn't work there either.  I could have swore that it worked with the iPhone 5 when it was an older iOS version, but at least it still works with my iPad Air on iOS 8.

No problems with that article.  It does nothing more than prove that the Note 4 - just like the iphones - will bend if significant force is applied.

: shrug :

They didn't make the news - because they werent apple.. but anyone doing a google search shows the Sony Xperia and HTC One have forums of users complaining of bent phones. 

All this proves is anyone who is careless can bend any metal phone.

What I found more interesting is Samsung did a Note with metal in the frame like iP6 ..

Just for an update to my issues before:

So I was told that they would charge my account for the repair/replacement whenever they ship the device.  Well...  they shipped it yesterday and it has already arrived at my house according to a neighbor - but I haven't been charged yet. 

For anyone that has gone through Apple repairs before - how long does it typically take?  I would like to know whether or not I am being charged for only the screen repair ($109) or full repair ($299).  Interestingly, based on their repair status site, it looks like they indeed shipped a replacement, but I was told via Chat that if only the screen was damaged they may or may not have the parts and could instead ship a new device but still only charge for the screen.

Maybe they found something wrong with the device to no fault of my wife that caused a replacement for free via factory warranty?  A guy can dream right.  :lol:

Just for an update to my issues before:

So I was told that they would charge my account for the repair/replacement whenever they ship the device.  Well...  they shipped it yesterday and it has already arrived at my house according to a neighbor - but I haven't been charged yet. 

For anyone that has gone through Apple repairs before - how long does it typically take?  I would like to know whether or not I am being charged for only the screen repair ($109) or full repair ($299).  Interestingly, based on their repair status site, it looks like they indeed shipped a replacement, but I was told via Chat that if only the screen was damaged they may or may not have the parts and could instead ship a new device but still only charge for the screen.

Maybe they found something wrong with the device to no fault of my wife that caused a replacement for free via factory warranty?  A guy can dream right.  :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave you a new phone for the complications they put you through. Apple has been known to do that. I once waited a while at the Apples store and they replaced my brothers phone and gave him a brand new screen protector "because he had one on before right?"  :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave you a new phone for the complications they put you through. Apple has been known to do that. I once waited a while at the Apples store and they replaced my brothers phone and gave him a brand new screen protector "because he had one on before right?"   :)

I guess I'll find out soon enough.  I had my wife check her email and the email she received yesterday says that we will receive a new phone (it goes through the new serial number, etc), and then at the bottom it says "Your card has been charged", but it doesn't state an amount and nothing has shown up on my bank account yet. 

I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow and see the $322 charge show it's ugly head again.  :lol:  

• Like 1

One time a guy at the Apple Store handed me a new phone for a problem I couldn't replicate in store. They usually go above and beyond; I hope they don't charge you the $322.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

One time a guy at the Apple Store handed me a new phone for a problem I couldn't replicate in store. They usually go above and beyond; I hope they don't charge you the $322.

How are you loving your 6+? I know this is annoying, but any notice of bending? I still haven't noticed anything on my 6 and I take it out of my case all the time.

How are you loving your 6+? I know this is annoying, but any notice of bending? I still haven't noticed anything on my 6 and I take it out of my case all the time.

No bending whatsoever. I have it in my back pocket more often than I should, too.

It is in a case at the moment, so I suppose that helps.

I love it except for this stupid iOS 8.0.2 random reboot bug. That's pretty annoying.

Edited by Amber

No bending whatsoever. I have it in my back pocket more often than I should, too.

It is in a case at the moment, so I suppose that helps.

I love it except for this stupid iOS 8.0.2 random reboot bug. That's pretty annoying.

Apple really let me down with how buggy their public release of iOS 8 has been. Lots of app crashes, and the developers for some reason are taking forever to update their apps. All of the zoomed in apps look like crap and don't utilize the whole screen. Tapatalk, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat...all of the ones you would think would have updated them already! 

• Like 2

Apple really let me down with how buggy their public release of iOS 8 has been. Lots of app crashes, and the developers for some reason are taking forever to update their apps. All of the zoomed in apps look like crap and don't utilize the whole screen. Tapatalk, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat...all of the ones you would think would have updated them already! 

^ This.  My biggest issue is whenever I use an app that hasn't been updated for the newer screen size and I have to use the keyboard...  Right when I get used to the standard size on the messaging app so I can type without looking, I open up an app not scaled correctly, and if I don't double check what I typed I look like an idiot.  :blink:

• Like 1

A question for those of you with B41 around...  How does your B41 signal strength compare to B25 when the signals are coming from the same site?

We found one live site this week in my area, but the B41 signal is at least -25 dBm worse than B25 on the same site.  Granted this is in an area with some taller buildings and stuff to block the line of sight...  They could very well just have the power turned down for testing purposes since no other sites with B41 equipment installed are live in the area, but I wanted to get some feedback from other iPhone 6 users.

Has anybody heard when sprint will enable wifi calling on iOS 8? I know that it is already available with some android devices. how difficult is it to enable for iPhones?

We've been hearing 1q2015 for launch. Not sure what's all involved.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk