iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

My brother has the slim fit case. Since they reimbursed me for this case even though I didn't return it, I think I'll order a slim fit to pop on it when I work out or whatever. I don't mind the neo hybrid but it's annoying to take on and off... I'm afraid the plastic bumper might break or weaken

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

The metal version will definitely hold up to coming on and off but it's a pain to do so. The metal doesn't flex a whole lot so you have to line it up perfectly.

The slim is slim enough you prolly wouldn't even have to take it off after the gym.

• Like 1

that is shorthand for a 8 transmit, 8 receive radio module. Basically a smart antenna technology (much like a multiple input-multiple output MIMO but way stronger like on steroids).  By using a 8 receiver paths instead of 2 the cell range can be increased by a factor of 4 if i am not mistaken. It is being used on the 2.5GHz TDD-LTE in urban dense markets. This along with the 1.9GHz FDD-LTE and the 800MHz FDD-LTE for in-building coverage, will make Sprints' Spark a force to be recon with.

That i know of T-Mobile is only deploying 4 transit-4 Recieve radio modules. 

There is a thread on how to identify them on a site. 

TS

• Like 2

It's a 2.. That's clear? What is 8T8r?

According to Sprint's John Saw, their 8t8r deployment includes 4x2 MIMO for better cell edge performance. Was hoping your serving cell site is 8t8r since you're getting very nice peak speeds with fairly poor signal levels.

• Like 1

I've been watching our data usage on the sprint website since we started having more ubiquitous LTE. It's amazing how fast the amount of data you use goes up once you have a more stable LTE connection. I find myself hardly trying to connect to wifi when I'm out. I am at about 3 gb of LTE data usage this month, mostly from speed tests. My brother and his gf are at around 1.5 gb which is still more than it used to be for them. They used to average around 1 gb or less. This is with us all always on wifi at home too.

Edit: I should say, this statement which starts on the 15th? Definitely did not rack up 3 gb in 6 days of october lol. 

• Like 1

I've been watching our data usage on the sprint website since we started having more ubiquitous LTE. It's amazing how fast the amount of data you use goes up once you have a more stable LTE connection. I find myself hardly trying to connect to wifi when I'm out. I am at about 3 gb of LTE data usage this month, mostly from speed tests. My brother and his gf are at around 1.5 gb which is still more than it used to be for them. They used to average around 1 gb or less. This is with us all always on wifi at home too.

Edit: I should say, this statement which starts on the 15th? Definitely did not rack up 3 gb in 6 days of october lol.

I doubled my usage in 2 days after I got my 6+ so I totally understand. I used 1.4 gb until September 25th and by the 27th it was just over 3gb, hahahaha

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I doubled my usage in 2 days after I got my 6+ so I totally understand. I used 1.4 gb until September 25th and by the 27th it was just over 3gb, hahahaha

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

My usage is going to stay high for a while because of the speed tests I'm running... Especially if I find an 8'er site. I'm just not used to having such fast LTE lol. A friend just switched to Tmobile and I told him he should've tried out a triband phone before doing so... Looks like I was right. He should've.

• Like 3

My usage is going to stay high for a while because of the speed tests I'm running... Especially if I find an 8'er site. I'm just not used to having such fast LTE lol. A friend just switched to Tmobile and I told him he should've tried out a triband phone before doing so... Looks like I was right. He should've.

In rural areas and most places outside the city T-Mobile really lacks LTE coverage..

Why so many speed tests?  :banana:

• Like 1

I didn't know all the b41 goodness until i got my 6.

To be fair Im sure there's enough people out there who can't afford to upgrade or are stuck for awhile with a non tri-band phone from an upgrade a year and a half ago..

Who can deny its fun to see those speeds in places you didn't expect

• Like 1

Observation I made out and about today.

My 6 Plus is favoring band 26 an awful lot, at least while driving...once still it would pick up band 41.

How much b41 is there where you are? .. If there is a lot of b41 there your phone will want that 1st and if the signal is strong enough the iPhone 6 will go to it quickly .. I pick up b41 a fair amount because alot of old Clear sites as well as some Sprint NV sites ( which I may or may not have encountered) have it around here, but b41rollout is now being done by what Sprint deems the areas that need it first instead of America all at once.. So I'm hoping b41 work doesn't stall here in Columbus .. But if b41 isn't around you'll latch onto 1900 mostly

How much b41 is there where you are? .. If there is a lot of b41 there your phone will want that 1st and if the signal is strong enough the iPhone 6 will go to it quickly .. I pick up b41 a fair amount because alot of old Clear sites as well as some Sprint NV sites ( which I may or may not have encountered) have it around here, but b41rollout is now being done by what Sprint deems the areas that need it first instead of America all at once.. So I'm hoping b41 work doesn't stall here in Columbus .. But if b41 isn't around you'll latch onto 1900 mostly

All Band 41 install permits will be honored. Only the sites that have no permits applied for will be prioritized out. Believe me, Vegas is still progressing.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All Band 41 install permits will be honored. Only the sites that have no permits applied for will be prioritized out. Believe me, Vegas is still progressing.

Well here's hoping Columbus Ohio has many more permits then.. Good to hear Vegas is progressing but you kinda expect it because it's .. Well... VEGAS! Haha .. But what about Maryland? The OP said he was getting more 1900

Well here's hoping Columbus Ohio has many more permits then.. Good to hear Vegas is progressing but you kinda expect it because it's .. Well... VEGAS! Haha .. But what about Maryland? The OP said he was getting more 1900

Remember, Vegas wasn't in the 1st 2 rounds of Network Vision. It was a 3rd round market, so VEGAS isn't really the denominator in this situation. I'm not sure how far along permitting was in Maryland for 8T8R deployments. If only a few permits were applied for, then those sites will be first, then everything else will be prioritized. 8T8R permits were applied for in visalia, and it has WiMax gear that can be upgraded to dual mode. So it just varies from site to site.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am in the Baltimore market. I think most of our band 41 so far is old CLEAR equipment. It would hold onto band 41 when it got it, but a lot more 3G/1x than my Galaxy S5.

I'm pretty sure it's 100% Clearwire conversions. Everywhere I've found B41 has happened to be pretty close to what used to be a WIMAX tower.

Also I've noticed that some B41 sites in/around Baltimore don't work... at all. It's consistent too, the three dead sites are always dead. Pretty annoying.

I'll be in Vegas in/around December for a conference. How covered do you think the city will be around then? I can't imagine the weather not cooperating (unlike the midwest & east coast!)...

I jumped up to 8.5GB this month. I've previously never cracked 5. I still have 3 days left in my cycle... I bet I'll pop over 10GB by then...

• Like 1

I'll be in Vegas in/around December for a conference. How covered do you think the city will be around then? I can't imagine the weather not cooperating (unlike the midwest & east coast!)...

I'm hoping for 75%+ Band 41 LTE coverage. Most likely no DAS sites on The Strip though.

• Like 1