iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I'm on Framily, and Apple doesn't support Sprint Easy Pay either. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Thank you... I knew there must be a reason.  I am still on Everything Data Family so that must be it.

Thank you... I knew there must be a reason. I am still on Everything Data Family so that must be it.

Thatll do it. They can upgrade 2 year contracts, but not the easy pay or framily or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

It's official. I'm back on the IOS BANDWAGON. Picked up a Silver iPhone 6+ at a Sprint Corporate store here in Jax. They had plenty of them and that place was PACKED. Lots of people switching carriers to Sprint, most of which were coming from Verizon.

Looking at Sensorly, Sprint did a pretty good job with Florida. I can see why you'd have a lot of switchers...

Looking at Sensorly, Sprint did a pretty good job with Florida. I can see why you'd have a lot of switchers...

Aprint has killed it here in Florida. Honestly, they probably have the best network out of all of the big 4, in Florida. My service is awesome now.

People are coming out of the woodwork to join Sprint here in Jax especially.

Aprint has killed it here in Florida. Honestly, they probably have the best network out of all of the big 4, in Florida. My service is awesome now.

People are coming out of the woodwork to join Sprint, here in Jax especially.

I'm taking the family down in March for Cardinals Spring Training - can't wait to give the network a spin.

• Like 2

89217989ed53fb0f3d5c35c52f357580.jpgHow's everyone's battery life?

My battery life has been Good.. I work 12-14 hour days.. Send txt through the day..make a few phone calls.. Do some searches.. play games and run apps.. And after a minimum of 12 hours my battery is usually 45-50%.. I keep the screen brightness a tad below half on the intensity slider indoors - which helps..

• Like 1

Anybody got any good case recommendations for this beast (iPhone 6+)? I prefer going nakey, but I keep feeling like I'm gonna drop this beastly thing.

Spigen makes some nice cases. I personally like the Neo Hybrid Series. Protective and doesn't add much bulk at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anybody got any good case recommendations for this beast (iPhone 6+)? I prefer going nakey, but I keep feeling like I'm gonna drop this beastly thing.

I bought this case. http://www.i-blason.com/prime-dual-layer-holster-case-with-kick-stand-for-apple-iphone-6-plus.html

It looks like it's a good case. I know the i-blason armorbox holds up well.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have a spigen air cushion case and a folio case at the moment that I got off of amazon for like $6. Heh. They do the job but I don't like the color of my spigen case - I bought it intending to get a silver phone and ended up with gold so now the colors just look weird together.

I'm waiting for lifeproof to come out with their 6+ case. I've had nothing but good experiences with them in the past and want that level of protection with that type of low-profile case.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Correct. I don't mind 16gb iPhones, because I use the "cloud" profusely. My last iPhone 5 was a 32gb and I never used more than about 12gb at a time. Anything larger is a waste of money for me.

That's great. There's lots of iphone 6 +s here that are 16 gb but Id be afraid of running out of space. I use the cloud a lot but have some larger games that take up a lot of space. How do you deal with pictures and videos? Those seem to take up a lot of my space too.

I think the micro sim idea was great 6 years ago but I really believe it's time is past. When I had to move files from my wife's old Blackberry using the micro sim from it - moving files was slow and had to be done manually to PC.. Now you can automate those same transactions to cloud or iTunes ( over wifi ).. You can do fine with 16gb but the key is managing big files and moving them to a PC through iTunes or to cloud storage over wifi .. When I made videos files in the past I usually moved them immediately to PC. At least now Apple cloud upgrades are a bit more reasonable then last year. $12 a year for 20Gb cloud is better then last years prices if you need more then the free 5Gb.. Enjoy your new phone

• Like 1

I've had about a day with the 6+ and was able to do some RF tests in comparison with my G3.

Basically, this phone has about the same RF performance in B25/B26 than the G3, which performs really well. B41 is a little different as the iPhone is showing slightly better signal over the G3, but speeds are roughly identical. Maybe the iPhone is reporting the RF measurement differently?

So all-in-all, the iPhone 6 has excellent RF characteristics and pretty much matches the G3. The G3 is considered one of the best out there right now, so this is a very good thing!

The LTE scan times are insane on the 6+, however. The phone will also stay camped on B25/B26 until a data session is initiated, then it'll switch to an available B41 connection and will stay until it either looses B41 or the download is finished, then it will switch back to one of the FDD bands. The only issue is the fact that the iPhone 6 will hang-on to an unstable B41 signal in favor of a decent B25/26 signal. I've seen it stay connected to B41 at -120dBm, which my G3 would never attempt - which nets speeds much slower than a good B25/26 signal on an unburdened site. -120dBm is good for about 1-2mbps down and about the same up on B41. It gets much faster at even -118dBm.

Side note: Field Test works much better in iOS 8 than it ever did previously. I'm very happy to report this fact. It still doesn't scale properly (or course), but I can actually do the RF signal trick now, whereas it was a crap-shoot in IOS7.

• Like 1

I have a spigen air cushion case and a folio case at the moment that I got off of amazon for like $6. Heh. They do the job but I don't like the color of my spigen case - I bought it intending to get a silver phone and ended up with gold so now the colors just look weird together.

I'm waiting for lifeproof to come out with their 6+ case. I've had nothing but good experiences with them in the past and want that level of protection with that type of low-profile case.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Had life proof on my iPad 4.. Great case. I'm kinda leaning towards the otterbox defender for my 6+ though only because they tend to be more color customizable.. Both are tough cases.. Otterbox also offers the slim synergy and medium duty Commuter.. I'll probably get the Defender but if not Lifeproof will be my next option

I've had about a day with the 6+ and was able to do some RF tests in comparison with my G3.

Basically, this phone has about the same RF performance in B25/B26 than the G3, which performs really well. B41 is a little different as the iPhone is showing slightly better signal over the G3, but speeds are roughly identical. Maybe the iPhone is reporting the RF measurement differently?

So all-in-all, the iPhone 6 has excellent RF characteristics and pretty much matches the G3. The G3 is considered one of the best out there right now, so this is a very good thing!

The LTE scan times are insane on the 6+, however. The phone will also stay camped on B25/B26 until a data session is initiated, then it'll switch to an available B41 connection and will stay until it either looses B41 or the download is finished, then it will switch back to one of the FDD bands. The only issue is the fact that the iPhone 6 will hang-on to an unstable B41 signal in favor of a decent B25/26 signal. I've seen it stay connected to B41 at -120dBm, which my G3 would never attempt - which nets speeds much slower than a good B25/26 signal on an unburdened site. -120dBm is good for about 1-2mbps down and about the same up on B41. It gets much faster at even -118dBm.

Side note: Field Test works much better in iOS 8 than it ever did previously. I'm very happy to report this fact. It still doesn't scale properly (or course), but I can actually do the RF signal trick now, whereas it was a crap-shoot in IOS7.

Might have said this before but have done a lot more driving around with field test on and It seems responsive when hitting new towers and bands.. I'm finding b41 in Columbus is in more places then I thought. I love how this phones holds onto b41 when possible as speeds are much better on b41.. It makes the browsing and Internet experience so much better then when I was stuck with mainly 1900 LTE

Might have said this before but have done a lot more driving around with field test on and It seems responsive when hitting new towers and bands.. I'm finding b41 in Columbus is in more places then I thought. I love how this phones holds onto b41 when possible as speeds are much better on b41.. It makes the browsing and Internet experience so much better then when I was stuck with mainly 1900 LTE

You're correct, B41 is much faster, even at low signals, to a certain extent. Anything over -118dBm is not going to be very fast on B41. I've found that anything better than -114dBm is typically much faster than what you'd typically see on B25/26 with a decent signal.

I think the cutoff should be -118dBm, personally.

This Speedtest was done on My iP6+ lastnight in my townhome. Its mostly 40 Mb to 50 Mb down - during the day, but this was around 10pm.. so area use was probably lower and more bandwidth was available.. still.. hitting almost 64 Mb down is great at -102 dBm signal strength on band 41.. and who would've said last year we'd hit this on Sprint ?

Haahaha

post-21942-0-28735800-1412543208_thumb.jpg

Nakey. Been using case since launch day. I just got tired of it.... Like I always do. I might buy a tech 21 case to use during the gym. Haven't decided on it

• Like 1

Couple days with the 6 Plus and definitely glad I went with the Plus! I got a cheap case on Amazon...I'm in the market for a better one...leaning towards Incipio DualPro...but not sure yet.

The battery on this thing is a freaking BEAST!

I just got the slim fit from spigen for my 6 and it feels pretty good. Keeps the thin profile of the phone but takes away the slippery feeling. Prolly stick with this or naked for however long I'll have this.

My brother has the slim fit case. Since they reimbursed me for this case even though I didn't return it, I think I'll order a slim fit to pop on it when I work out or whatever. I don't mind the neo hybrid but it's annoying to take on and off... I'm afraid the plastic bumper might break or weaken

Interesting observation this weekend. I took a trip out to Iowa and that had me in areas with a few GMO's and not yet complete sites. I noticed the 6 likes to stick on a 1x signal longer than usual in not so great areas. I compared it with my Nexus 5 on Ting, which found 3G much faster than the iPhone did.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

This Speedtest was done on My iP6+ lastnight in my townhome. Its mostly 40 Mb to 50 Mb down - during the day, but this was around 10pm.. so area use was probably lower and more bandwidth was available.. still.. hitting almost 64 Mb down is great at -102 dBm signal strength on band 41.. and who would've said last year we'd hit this on Sprint ?

Haahaha

What do you see in FieldTest under Serving Cell Info -> Number of Tx Antennas? Is it 2 or 4? That could finally be 8T8R in action!

Interesting observation this weekend. I took a trip out to Iowa and that had me in areas with a few GMO's and not yet complete sites. I noticed the 6 likes to stick on a 1x signal longer than usual in not so great areas. I compared it with my Nexus 5 on Ting, which found 3G much faster than the iPhone did.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

That is probably because of the iPhone 6's much shorter LTE Scan Timer. It'll probably stay on 1x longer so it can scan for LTE.

-Anthony