iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

What the hell do you mean he doesn't know. That can't happen without some sort of intervention (fall, sat on, run over, etc). Phones don't simply crack for the heck of it.

TS

His cousin never told him what happened, just that it happened. I just hope that never happens to me or anyone else here, except uecker87's wife's phone since she already broke it. Hopefully she won't break it once fixed.

Fortunately, my case shipped yesterday, so I'll have it the day I pick up the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Another scandal rocks the iPhone 6 world. First was "bendgate." Now, we have "hairgate." Users on Twitter are reporting the seam where the aluminum meets the glass is catching hair on your head or beard, pinching it, and pulling it out. What shall we do? Complain on Twitter? Or, buy a case.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Another scandal rocks the iPhone 6 world. First was "bendgate." Now, we have "hairgate." Users on Twitter are reporting the seam where the aluminum meets the glass is catching hair on your head or beard, pinching it, and pulling it out. What shall we do? Complain on Twitter? Or, buy a case.

Sent from my iPhone 6

How about the fact that the galaxy note 4 literally doesn't meet completely with the frame of the phone....and there is a visible gap.

http://bgr.com/2014/09/29/galaxy-note-4-screen-separation-issue/

One week down, hopefully no more then five weeks to wait for my phone. The one I had to give back did not have any of the display problems people are talking about. Hope the next one is the same.

There are a lot of 8T8R acceptances in the Baltimore market.

Haven't seen 4 TX antennas yet, and I've been checking every time I get an LTE connection. It's either empty or 2... Is it possible that the few dead sites are 8T8R?

Haven't seen 4 TX antennas yet, and I've been checking every time I get an LTE connection. It's either empty or 2... Is it possible that the few dead sites are 8T8R?

No. You were just connected to clear sites if so. Many thousands of those went live alongside 8t8r.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is anyone aware if there an IOS equivalent to internet speed meter?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.internet.speed.meter.lite

The closest thing would probably be this app

iMonitor for iOS8 by UniversalWind

https://appsto.re/us/8gBX2.i

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Would anyone be kind enough to do a side by side comparison on B41 signal strenght RSRP against another Sprint Spark phone (S4, S5, M8, Notes 3, N5, G3, etc).

I really want to see how good is that B41 >30+ dBm ERP/EIRP on the IP6/6+ compared to the typical low 20s dBm ERP/EIRP on most other phones

6+ vs n5

note, the -91 on the status bar means it was cycling b25 (-91) vs b41 (-112), however the b25 should be serving cell 47.

there is also another b41 SC 332 (-114ish on n5) not shown and both are bounced between the 3.

as you can see, that was all in the space of about 60 seconds or less.

4ymunuta.jpgadaqynuh.jpguty6eba4.jpghe7umydy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by dedub
  • Like 1

6+ vs n5

note, the -91 on the status bar means it was cycling b25 (-91) vs b41 (-112), however the b25 should be serving cell 47.

there is also another b41 SC 332 (-114ish on n5) not shown and both are bounced between the 3.

as you can see, that was all in the space of about 60 seconds or less.

Thanks very much, so seems like even with the >30+ ERP/EIRP the IP6 doesn't seem to be doing significantly better than the N5?

Wondering why the average RSRP on the IP6 is bouncing all over the place though.... with a -120dBM RSRP on B41, my HTC One Max would not be sending/receiving anything and waiting to get drop back to B25

Hey guys... a question for all of you that have been using iOS for awhile.  Is there a way to keep the dBm number instead of the signal strength dots?

I have tried the go to field test mode and then hold the power button and home button until it resets.  It will stay then, but the next time I go into field test mode and then leave it reverts to the dots.  Do we have a way to permanently, unless I manually change it, stay on the numbers?

With B41 starting to pop up, I find myself going into field test mode a lot more, and then I lose the numeric representation.

Hey guys... a question for all of you that have been using iOS for awhile.  Is there a way to keep the dBm number instead of the signal strength dots?

I have tried the go to field test mode and then hold the power button and home button until it resets.  It will stay then, but the next time I go into field test mode and then leave it reverts to the dots.  Do we have a way to permanently, unless I manually change it, stay on the numbers?

With B41 starting to pop up, I find myself going into field test mode a lot more, and then I lose the numeric representation.

Nope.

yup.

yup.

yup, its annoying as F.

Hey guys... a question for all of you that have been using iOS for awhile. Is there a way to keep the dBm number instead of the signal strength dots?

I have tried the go to field test mode and then hold the power button and home button until it resets. It will stay then, but the next time I go into field test mode and then leave it reverts to the dots. Do we have a way to permanently, unless I manually change it, stay on the numbers?

Nope.

yup.

yup.

yup, its annoying as F.

Well you're wrong dedub...

Uecker, I have my dBm showing permanent by doing the home button trick..

iPhone Signal Strength

Step 1: Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.

Step 2: You'll now enter Field Test mode. You'll notice a signal strength indicator on the upper left hand corner of your screen. You can toggle between signal strength bars and a number by simply taping on it. At this point, press the home button to exit the app or if you would like the feature to be permanent, continue on. Don't worry, the process is completely reversible.

Step 3: Hold down on the Power button until you see the ‘slide to power off' bar. Do NOT power off the device.

Step 4: Press down on the Home button until the app closes and you return to your home screen.

That's it. Even when restarting the iPhone, the signal strength can be toggled between bars and numbers. The closer your number is to zero, the stronger your signal is.

The lower your number, the stronger your signal—but don't include the - sign when evaluating (so, if the signal says -60, that's better than -90).

To return to the default bars permanently, follow these steps:

Step 2: Press on your Home Button once.

post-21942-0-08865400-1412725041_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well you're wrong

It doesn't stick though.  The next time you go into Field Test Mode and then leave it defaults back to the dots.  I guess I can just try to remember to hold the power button then hold the home button each time...  Just a pain...  Oh well.

Well you're wrong dedub...

iPhone Signal Strength

Step 2: You'll now enter Field Test mode. You'll notice a signal strength indicator on the upper left hand corner of your screen. You can toggle between signal strength bars and a number by simply taping on it. At this point, press the home button to exit the app or if you would like the feature to be permanent, continue on. Don't worry, the process is completely reversible.

Step 3: Hold down on the Power button until you see the ‘slide to power off' bar. Do NOT power off the device.

Step 4: Press down on the Home button until the app closes and you return to your home screen.

That's it. Even when restarting the iPhone, the signal strength can be toggled between bars and numbers. The closer your number is to zero, the stronger your signal is.

The lower your number, the stronger your signal—but don't include the - sign when evaluating (so, if the signal says -60, that's better than -90).

To return to the default bars permanently, follow these steps:

Step 2: Press on your Home Button once.

yeah uh its not permanent if you re-open the field test mode as he asked.

you have to re-do the powerbutton then home button thing every time, and even then it does not always stick.

It doesn't stick though.  The next time you go into Field Test Mode and then leave it defaults back to the dots.  I guess I can just try to remember to hold the power button then hold the home button each time...  Just a pain...  Oh well.

I didn't read his entire post at the end.. My bad !!

yeah uh its not permanent if you re-open the field test mode as he asked.

you have to re-do the powerbutton then home button thing every time, and even then it does not always stick.

Sorry that'll teach me to post without reading the entire post in replying to

"Seoul, South Korea – — The world’s biggest smartphone maker is suffering a financial decline in the face of intense competition from Apple Inc. and upstart Chinese brands.

In a preview to earnings due out this month, Samsung Electronics Co. said Tuesday that its quarterly profit is estimated to have fallen to its lowest level in more than three years, dragged down by weak sales of its flagship Galaxy phones."

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2014/10/07/samsung-expects-year-low-profits-sales-slow/16893503/

• Like 1

"Seoul, South Korea – — The world’s biggest smartphone maker is suffering a financial decline in the face of intense competition from Apple Inc. and upstart Chinese brands.

In a preview to earnings due out this month, Samsung Electronics Co. said Tuesday that its quarterly profit is estimated to have fallen to its lowest level in more than three years, dragged down by weak sales of its flagship Galaxy phones."

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2014/10/07/samsung-expects-year-low-profits-sales-slow/16893503/

Between the new iPhone 6s and how well competitors like LG and HTC are doing, this doesn't surprise me.

I've never been a Samsung fan anyway. Competition is good for everybody, though.

Between the new iPhone 6s and how well competitors like LG and HTC are doing, this doesn't surprise me.

I've never been a Samsung fan anyway. Competition is good for everybody, though.

Also mentioned above was  China's cheap upstart phones are hurting Samsung in China.. the people who can't afford HTC's, Galaxies, iPhones will buy these cheap phones.. supposedly China is working on their own Android OS clone as well.. Samsung has tried twice.. Tizen is their answer to Android.  Samsung would prefer to not answer to Google and control all its assets like Apple..  Tizen seems to be off to a slow start, but so was Android.. if Samsung get Tizen penetration in asian markets they can grow it over many years.. The 1st two years of Android were slow

• Like 1

In other news, when is Tapatalk going to update their POS app for the new iPhones?????????

#WorstDevTeamEver

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

I've been wondering this for all apps. Now on the 3rd week that iOS 8 has been released and half the apps still haven't been correctly resized for the screen. That and they ALL crash, especially crapatalk.

• Like 1