iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

If I have fantastic Sprint signal - I'd rather use the network than wifi for calling.

I'll still use it. It does have benefits, like better audio quality to non-Sprint numbers.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

Interesting.  When I clicked the link earlier - it led to file download that was identified as EE ipcc.  When I actually downloaded the file, it was titled TMobile_uk_iPhone.ipcc.

Now when I go to the link, it says Sprint, and the file is titled: Sprint_CSIM_LTE_US_iPhone.ipcc

I'll keep an eye on the reddit page - I dont want to be the first that does it.  lol

another update - when getting to the point of selecting the ipcc file, itunes will only let a dude select an ipsw file.

I'll still use it. It does have benefits, like better audio quality to non-Sprint numbers.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

... and no HD calling unfortunately for Sprint numbers.  Bleh.  

• Like 1

another update - when getting to the point of selecting the ipcc file, itunes will only let a dude select an ipsw file.

Are you using Windows? If so, you have to follow those directions. You need to input that line of code in a command prompt to allow iTunes to see IPCC files. If you entered the code, and still can't see it, reboot. I had that problem, but it was easy to fix.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

This feels weird to me:

7fe603450027ae53cde17ce2e3dc1613.jpg

It's a wifi call...

And this:

dac5f8cd05eb09cba4ffac17b63ae56f.jpg

No more continuity calls on my Mac or iPad. Odd.

• Like 2

Are you using Windows? If so, you have to follow those directions. You need to input that line of code in a command prompt to allow iTunes to see IPCC files. If you entered the code, and still can't see it, reboot. I had that problem, but it was easy to fix.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Reboot of the ole PC fixed it.  Was able to get the carrier file installed.

Unfortunately, I have now run into another issue.  Every time I try to turn on wifi calling, I get a pop-up saying "To allow Wi-Fi calls on this account, contact your carrier."

Bah.

... and no HD calling unfortunately for Sprint numbers. Bleh.

As a comparison, T-Mobile's implementation of wifi calling on iOS includes HD audio and handoff to/from wifi/macro networks. Hopefully sprint will be able to support similar functionality soon. Does anyone know if there is something inherent in Sprints implementation of wifi calling which prohibits these two functions?

Reference:

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/wifi-calling-wifi-extenders.html

T-Mobile is pioneering seamless handover between our LTE network and any available Wi-Fi connection so calls don’t drop between the two. Next-gen Wi-Fi Calling also features HD Voice quality, when calling another HD Voice-capable user. This means our customers can now maintain crystal clear HD Voice calls, whether connected to T-Mobile LTE or Wi-Fi connect – all using their existing T-Mobile number.

As a comparison, T-Mobile's implementation of wifi calling on iOS includes HD audio and handoff to/from wifi/macro networks. Hopefully sprint will be able to support similar functionality soon. Does anyone know if there is something inherent in Sprints implementation of wifi calling which prohibits these two functions?

It's probably just Sprint being Sprint. Get it out there to silence the crowd; fix it later.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

I downloaded the last couple carrier bundles from an Apple manifest file. The value for "LTE Band Pref" in the carrier.pri file is unchanged from Sprint 18.1 to 19.1. It DID change from 17.1 to 18.1 though. Not sure what to think of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded the last couple carrier bundles from an Apple manifest file. The value for "LTE Band Pref" in the carrier.pri file is unchanged from Sprint 18.1 to 19.1. It DID change from 17.1 to 18.1 though. Not sure what to think of that.

Hoe do you find this?

That's unfortunate.

What were/is the value? I think I've looked in there before with iFile, and recall the value being something other than a clear-cut "25, 26, 41." That value shouldn't matter, though, as it's probably similar to the LTE band preference on an android; it only relates to the initial scan.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Reference:

T-Mobile is pioneering seamless handover between our LTE network and any available Wi-Fi connection so calls don’t drop between the two. Next-gen Wi-Fi Calling also features HD Voice quality, when calling another HD Voice-capable user. This means our customers can now maintain crystal clear HD Voice calls, whether connected to T-Mobile LTE or Wi-Fi connect – all using their existing T-Mobile number.

Sprint and T-Mobile use a different implementation of WiFi calling at the core.

Anyone else glad they fixed this? I was tired of my URL bar looking like "why.didnt.apple.fix.this.sooner."

837b178191e1e51088f0b7202d95f68e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes! I am so glad that is finally fixed. It was super annoying.

• Like 1

#InLoveWithMy6

Parting with my 6 was painful. The lingering pain is even worse. It's a better phone than the 5S in every respect. It felt like a huge upgrade.

After turning in my phone within 24 hours for the video mic (resolved) and the gap defect, they rejected my request for a replacement. The phone is still with them and I'm now fighting a long contract cancellation battle. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parting with my 6 was painful. The lingering pain is even worse. It's a better phone than the 5S in every respect. It felt like a huge upgrade.

After turning in my phone within 24 hours for the video mic (resolved) and the gap defect, they rejected my request for a replacement. The phone is still with them and I'm now fighting a long contract cancellation battle. :(

Lol should've never given it back

I'm determined to get a new one. I'm just following the process and not trading blows with the dealer franchise. I'll get the new one from my local iStore and also purchase an iCare extended warranty.

• Like 1

Reference:

Is this b/c T-Mobile has implemented VoLTE?

Is this b/c T-Mobile has implemented VoLTE?

Yes that's why. Furthermore gsm volte providers have smooth-ish fallback from Volte to 3G or 2g.

Note that TMO does NOT have handoff from wifi to 3G or 2g, only from wifi to volte.

• Like 1

Yes that's why. Furthermore gsm volte providers have smooth-ish fallback from Volte to 3G or 2g.

Note that TMO does NOT have handoff from wifi to 3G or 2g, only from wifi to volte.

That's what I figured.  Thanks.

It's probably just Sprint being Sprint. Get it out there to silence the crowd; fix it later.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

No, it's not Sprint being Sprint.

T-Mobile has engineered their network differently, since they also have VoLTE in place as well with hand offs. 

Eventually Sprint will get there, but right now all WIFI calling is hard handoff.

So, how much bandwidth are Wi-Fi calls taking? Is it low?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

I'll post this here. I'm trying to gauge whether I should be setting up for it or not.