iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I had the same issue along with a few other members. You have to reprovision your account to turn off WiFi calling on the screen that pops up when you change the emergency 911 address. Fixed it for me. Forget about WiFi calling until they sort that one out.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah I had the same issue and both Sprint and Apple support had no clue how to fix it as of Sat night.  Finally figured it out with my own troubleshooting.  You have to remove the Wi-Fi calling feature from your account.  Anybody having this issue should contact Sprint tech support and let them know what the issue is so they can get on it and also give better support to others having this issue.  They wanted me to do a wipe and restore as new to try and fix it.  That would be a big PITA.  I did get a ticket opened late Sat night. 

Well this is what I have. Incoming calls from a land line go straight to VM, cell calls seem to get through most of the time. This started right after I tried the wifi calling. I turned it off (not sure on the reprovisioning side though). Still having the same problem. Also seem to have a degrade in my LTE signal. Use to hang around -102 to -107. Now it runs -112 to -115 and I am seeing a lot more 3G. Is it possible to downgrade iOS version?

Well this is what I have. Incoming calls from a land line go straight to VM, cell calls seem to get through most of the time. This started right after I tried the wifi calling. I turned it off (not sure on the reprovisioning side though). Still having the same problem. Also seem to have a degrade in my LTE signal. Use to hang around -102 to -107. Now it runs -112 to -115 and I am seeing a lot more 3G. Is it possible to downgrade iOS version?

You have to login to your acct and remove the WiFi calling feature.  When you use it the first time it is added to your acct just like any other feature.  That should resolve the issues with the calls. 

Yeah I had the same issue and both Sprint and Apple support had no clue how to fix it as of Sat night.  Finally figured it out with my own troubleshooting.  You have to remove the Wi-Fi calling feature from your account.  Anybody having this issue should contact Sprint tech support and let them know what the issue is so they can get on it and also give better support to others having this issue.  They wanted me to do a wipe and restore as new to try and fix it.  That would be a big PITA.  I did get a ticket opened late Sat night. 

Anecdotally, my wife's T-Mobile iPhone 6 started having a similar wifi issue after updating to iOS 8.3. Given that 1 data point, the wifi issue might be related to wifi calling in general and not Sprint's implementation.

You have to login to your acct and remove the WiFi calling feature.  When you use it the first time it is added to your acct just like any other feature.  That should resolve the issues with the calls.

I am not seeing it active on my account. When I look in wifi calling and click on my phone. It says wifi calling is not supported on my iPhone.

• Like 1

Yep. What's up with that? It seems like every time the screen is off, wifi disconnects. Not every time, but a lot of times.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Yep, i am also noticing a lot more WiFi disconnects now with iOS 8.3

WiFi Calling is awesome. Sounds crystal clear and now I don't have to walk around my house to stay connected to that little bit of service [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new guys on this board would come through. provisioning without WIFI calling seems to have worked. You can get to this on the Iphone 6 by hitting the button to change the 911 location and then I found the option to turn this off. initially did not work, but it told me it couldn't find the phone, but the second time there was option to reboot the phone and now its off and calls show correctly, not to New Orleans. Thanks.

Currently download iOS 8.4 Beta 1. I'll be sure to give you guys a battery report at the end of this day being that I charge my phone overnight and don't plug it in til I get home. Hopefully I'll get my full 6-8 hour usage back lol, I can dream can't it.

• Like 1

1.04.00 on 8.2. Baseband firmware was updated, that might be the reason for the weaker LTE signals and stuff.

Yeah, my LTE connection sucks on 8.3.  My LTE connection seems very fragile now.

• Like 1

Same here, Is it possible to get back to the previous iOS version?

Apple is still signing 8.2, so you can roll back for now.

And this is for iPhone 4S and up to 6 Plus. And all iPad's from iPad 2 up.

I notice no issues with wi-fi calling, wi-fi, or LTE connectivity on 8.3. LTE improved in all aspects for me as well.

What are you guys talking about :rasp:

Yeah, I didn't want to rub it in anyone's face, but I'm getting much better LTE connectivity.  Holding it in areas I previously didn't on 8.2.  B) 

• Like 1

I have removed Wi-Fi calling from my account page, outgoing calls ring for a while then I get the same number has been disconnected message. FaceTime audio somewhat remedies the issue for now but nTelos 3G can only work so well... Anyone have more of a fix? I don't think a restore would fix it since it seems to be on the carrier end and not device end. 

• 2 weeks later...