iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Well, I'm not sure about full DND, just DND that is used on individual conversations in the messages app. Before 8.2 when I had DND enabled in a group message, I would still get a visual notification/NC notification, but I wouldn't get a sound, which I loved. After 8.2, I get absolutely nothing. Well, I get a app badge notification, which absolutely sucks. I can look at my phone and see there are no notifications but then I unlock my phone and see on my messages app that i have 30 un-read messages. I hate it.

See, that's the opposite of how I feel. I feel it was always broken, and 8.2 actually fixed that feature. I have several friends who find it necessary to send out 8-10 people group texts for weekend activities, and it drives me nuts. Before, DND on the convo, it would still flash my camera light, and light up my screen, showing the messages on the lock screen, and I thought that was dumb. They do everything but make the alert sound. Now, it's like you said, nothing. Only the badge above the messages icon, and I'm really happy. I keep telling my friends, text for single conversations, Facebook for group chats. It's so easy to remove yourself, and silence alerts for X amount of time, or permanently on Facebook. Plus, the thread flow is more accurate and easier to follow. In those group texts, there are a few without iPhones, causing the typical SMS delay, out-of-order thread flow.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

See, that's the opposite of how I feel. I feel it was always broken, and 8.2 actually fixed that feature. I have several friends who find it necessary to send out 8-10 people group texts for weekend activities, and it drives me nuts. Before, DND on the convo, it would still flash my camera light, and light up my screen, showing the messages on the lock screen, and I thought that was dumb. They do everything but make the alert sound. Now, it's like you said, nothing. Only the badge above the messages icon, and I'm really happy. I keep telling my friends, text for single conversations, Facebook for group chats. It's so easy to remove yourself, and silence alerts for X amount of time, or permanently on Facebook. Plus, the thread flow is more accurate and easier to follow. In those group texts, there are a few without iPhones, causing the typical SMS delay, out-of-order thread flow.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

It'd be nice if Apple gave us the option to leave visual notifications on when DND is on. That way you could have it your way and I could have it my way. Lol.

-Anthony

• Like 1

It'd be nice if Apple gave us the option to leave visual notifications on when DND is on. That way you could have it your way and I could have it my way. Lol.

-Anthony

What the hell is this DND I've been hearing about? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not disturb

Edit: auto correct double negative

Wow you guys abbreviate everything [emoji24][emoji24]

Apple fans have to have some unique feature that differentiates from android users from the past ;).

Dungeons & Dragons.  The Apple nerds are playing it in their parents' basements.

ZeroCharisma.jpg

AJ

• Like 4

Dungeons & Dragons. The Apple nerds are playing it in their parents' basements.

ZeroCharisma.jpg

AJ

Don't bogart all of the Mountain Dew, AJ!

Don't bogart all of the Mountain Dew, AJ!

While you bogart Butt-head's "log"?

AJ

Looks Sprint is re-provisioning the iPhone 6 back to PRL 55023. I get band class 10 now. 2-3 bars and I can make calls in my basement. :-)

When did they release that PRL I'm still on 51105

55023 here. My phone appeared to re-provision itself about an hour ago. I momentarily lost service.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Same here now. Is this the original PRL we had were it would literally switch bands in seconds after detecting it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

When did they release that PRL I'm still on 51105

It must have been yesterday or today. I'm on 8.3 beta 4 and with this PRL, the voice RF is outstanding. I've had this phone for a month and this is the first time I've been on 800 voice. I'm in an area where it can be about 13 -25 miles between towers.

It must have been yesterday or today. I'm on 8.3 beta 4 and with this PRL, the voice RF is outstanding. I've had this phone for a month and this is the first time I've been on 800 voice. I'm in an area where it's about 16 -25 miles between towers.

I'm on the same beta you are on. Is it public or developer.

Same here now. Is this the original PRL we had were it would literally switch bands in seconds after detecting it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I'm not sure. I can never find an accurate answer to whether or not a PRL controls LTE band switching. And yes, I've read our article on PRLs. I think the instant band switching was lost when we went from carrier 17.0 to 18.0 with one of the iOS releases.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

I'm not sure. I can never find an accurate answer to whether or not a PRL controls LTE band switching. And yes, I've read our article on PRLs. I think the instant band switching was lost when we went from carrier 17.0 to 18.0 with one of the iOS releases.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

FYI 8.3 beta 4 uses Carrier 19.0. It's a lot quicker/smoother changing bands now. I'm just happy "I finally" have 800 voice.

FYI 8.3 beta 4 uses Carrier 19.0. It's a lot quicker/smoother changing bands now. I'm just happy "I finally" have 800 voice.

Do explain. What are you seeing? Less 3G and more band 26? I'm in an email conversation currently with Sprint executives and network engineers trying to get to the bottom of this.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

wi

Do explain. What are you seeing? Less 3G and more band 26? I'm in an email conversation currently with Sprint executives and network engineers trying to get to the bottom of this.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

example:  Driving into town I always had 3G and 5 minutes later when i got home it would switch to 4G. that was fine, but now now it detects 4G more often than and 3G on my way home. One thing I've noticed on the OLD PRL is that I would be  on band 41/25, enter a building it would drop to 3G,  and then about 5 minutes later it would switch to band 26.

• Like 2

wi

example: Driving into town I always had 3G and 5 minutes later when i got home it would switch to 4G. that was fine, but now now it detects 4G more often than and 3G on my way home. One thing I've noticed on the OLD PRL is that I would be on band 41/25, enter a building it would drop to 3G, and then about 5 minutes later it would switch to band 26.

Exactly. These phones are skipping right over band 26, and Sprint needs to fix that immediately. The less the average person sees "3G" on their phone, the better Sprint's reputation will be.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1