iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

There's a new Tapatalk update right now. It's actually not bad. They've rearranged some things, and added a "compact card" mode to save space, and added a notification tab, which unfortunately, doesn't have a "mark all as read" option. I upgraded, and was hit with 176 notifications that had to be cleared one at a time.

Edit:

Just a few notes: they appear to have removed the page swiping feature, which seems absolutely ridiculous to me. You have to scroll all the way down and hit the page arrow. Also, I'm getting a lag/stutter when typing occasionally. I think they're getting somewhere with this app, but we have a ways to go still.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2

There's a new Tapatalk update right now. It's actually not bad. They've rearranged some things, and added a "compact card" mode to save space, and added a notification tab, which unfortunately, doesn't have a "mark all as read" option. I upgraded, and was hit with 176 notifications that had to be cleared one at a time.

Edit:

Just a few notes: they appear to have removed the page swiping feature, which seems absolutely ridiculous to me. You have to scroll all the way down and hit the page arrow. Also, I'm getting a lag/stutter when typing occasionally. I think they're getting somewhere with this app, but we have a ways to go still.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Probably going to revert back to iOS 8.2 and maybe I'll finally update tapa talk lol... I miss Cellularinfo :(

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Damnit. I am so stupid. I don't have a back up from 8.2 so now I have to re-update back to 8.3 beta and restore the damn phone.

DAMNIT. >.<!!!

That's why I won't downgrade lol I don't wanna do the whole restore process. I have a lot of apps and music it would take me an hour to get everything back to normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's why I won't downgrade lol I don't wanna do the whole restore process. I have a lot of apps and music it would take me an hour to get everything back to normal

I have pretty quick internet at my office so hopefully the download process doesnt take an eternity. I am just wondering now if I can restore from iCloud back up on a public beta? I assume yes, right?

I have pretty quick internet at my office so hopefully the download process doesnt take an eternity. I am just wondering now if I can restore from iCloud back up on a public beta? I assume yes, right?

Yes. :)

-Anthony

Yes. :)

-Anthony

Anthony. Halppppp. I need your guru powers. So my current issue that i have downloaded the public beta iOS 8 beta 4, after I did a DFU restore because when I just did a normal restore it screwed up...this always happens to me. Anyways, my back up is from iOS 8.3 beta....How can I get a hold of the public beta ipsw  so I can do the option click thing to restore to the iOS 8.3 once more but allow me to actually restore my existing iCloud back up. Right now I am clueless..I am sketch about downloading the iPSW from a torrenting site because I am not sure if that is going to have problems with my UDID and apples servers....especially since its a public beta.. I really don't want to have to redownload all of my files. Thank god my photos upload automatically to amazon photo.

>: (    WHAT DO

Can't you just restore from the settings app and then it'll give you the option of backup choice in there?

Well the issue is that I am on public beta. So without the public beta IPSW to restore from, I can't restore my iCloud back up. All of my back ups are in 8.3 beta, none in 8.2...which pisses me off.

I have a call with beta support at 6 and hopefully they can give me the IPSW. I could probably find it online but I prefer to be careful with beta so I don't brick my phone.

Well the issue is that I am on public beta. So without the public beta IPSW to restore from, I can't restore my iCloud back up. All of my back ups are in 8.3 beta, none in 8.2...which pisses me off.

I have a call with beta support at 6 and hopefully they can give me the IPSW. I could probably find it online but I prefer to be careful with beta so I don't brick my phone.

Have you been having good luck with 8.3 Beta 4 ?

• Like 1

Have you been having good luck with 8.3 Beta 4 ?

Yeh whichever version they released most recent with the public iOS beta testing, it's been good. However, I need to get the dam IPSW so I can do the restore and get my backup installed on the phone...I am hoping that support will be able to help me later, but I have a feeling they won't be able to....

The public beta version and the beta 4 version should have the same IPSW, so you should be fine if you use that. If for some reason you were to not be able to activate it you just do another DFU restore and you should be fine. It's next to impossible to brick an iOS device these days.

-Anthony

• Like 2

The public beta version and the beta 4 version should have the same IPSW, so you should be fine if you use that. If for some reason you were to not be able to activate it you just do another DFU restore and you should be fine. It's next to impossible to brick an iOS device these days.

-Anthony

Great. I downlaoded the beta 4 version at work while I have decent wifi. Hotel wifi sucksksss here. So I should be okay restoring to the beta 4? 

I don't know why I always have such complications with iOS stuff like this. Literally anything else and I am the go to person of my friends for fixing apple devices, but always this stuff. Ugh lol

Yes. Everything should go smoothly. :)

-Anthony

I love you. lol Attempting now. It's going to suck restoring from iCloud on the hotel wifi, but I would rather have the phone restore for 3 hours than lose all my current settings and apps app data. 

• Like 1

I love you. lol Attempting now. It's going to suck restoring from iCloud on the hotel wifi, but I would rather have the phone restore for 3 hours than lose all my current settings and apps app data.

The general layout and settings usually load first. It's all the app restores that take forever.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2

well, I guess it is back to Polycarbonate for Samsung...

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] week when you copy someone else's designs you get their design flaws as well. *proceeds to drink tea*

Edited by IsaiahL
  • Like 2

I don't get the point of these bend tests. They prove nothing. I could probably bend my 65" led tv, but I won't. What would it prove?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Shhhhhhh no logic here

• Like 2

I don't get the point of these bend tests. They prove nothing. I could probably bend my 65" led tv, but I won't. What would it prove?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Shhhhhhh no logic here

Well, let me apply some logic here.  Some people like to put their phone in their jean pockets.  Some people like to wear tight jeans and then bend at the waist a lot, and also those stupid hipsters and chicks who like to put their phone in their back pocket and sit on them and then are shocked that their phones are now shaped like their ass.  These people be warned that their thin metal phones may bend.

The rest of us move on and enjoy our thin metal phones.   :wavey:

• Like 8