iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

It's hit or miss. It has something to do with the provisioning. Call sprint and ask them to add wifi calling, and to re provision your phone. Or, try and remove/re-add wifi calling online, then dial ##update# and ##clear# to re-activate your device.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Ok thanks I will try those methods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just make sure you do a full restore in iTunes. Nothing should get messed up, as installing a new OS will overwrite every jailbreak tweak you have. It will make it completely stock. You could probably do an OTA through the phone, but a clean wipe/install is always best.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Do NOT, I repeat, NOT, do an OTA update on a jailbroken device. That will take you straight down the road to bricked-device-ville.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Do NOT, I repeat, NOT, do an OTA update on a jailbroken device. That will take you straight down the road to bricked-device-ville.

-Anthony

All of the recent jailbreaks disable the OTA daemon so that shouldn't be possible anyway. ;)

All of the recent jailbreaks disable the OTA daemon so that shouldn't be possible anyway. ;)

That was exactly my thought. But you know, just in that one freak case that for some reason someone is still able to do it, the outcome won't be pretty. Lol.

-Anthony

Can someone send me the API for the old Tapatalk. You know before it went to hell. I accidentally updated it on my phone and I restored my computer so I don't have it anymore.

My email is Zeaha55@icloud.com

Why is it that even after updating to the new crapatalk 3.0, my notifications still look like shit.

What is all of this crap and why is it still here. I figured after I updated to be newest crap version, they would've resolved this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431403845.014579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Why is it that even after updating to the new crapatalk 3.0, my notifications still look like shit.

What is all of this crap and why is it still here. I figured after I updated to be newest crap version, they would've resolved this.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431403845.014579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Go into the app settings, and under push notifications for this forum, make sure "subscribed topics" is turned off.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Lol oh thanks for the help guys [emoji818], It was so much appreciated. If you didn't know I'm being extremely sarcastic.

Lol oh thanks for the help guys [emoji818], It was so much appreciated. If you didn't know I'm being extremely sarcastic.

I don't know if it's possible to send you a copy and it would work because of the DRM built into app purchases. As far as I can remember, you would have to log in to my iCloud account on your phone for the app to authorize and open.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

It's been awfully quiet around here lol. What's going on guys, is everyone as busy with finals and final projects as I've been lol.

It's been awfully quiet around here lol. What's going on guys, is everyone as busy with finals and final projects as I've been lol.

This whole forum has gone really quiet recently, and I'm not sure why. But in some thread related news, I sold my 6+ and bought a 6. It was just becoming too cumbersome to operate one handed. It feels right to have a "normal" sized phone again.

• Like 4

Agree with Vince - it at least seems like there has been a bit of a lull overall lately.  I think partly due to no major Iphone news, and honestly - Sprints network improvements continue to impress.  If anyone else here is much like me - we initially joined the site because we were fed up with Sprints terrible network - and we wanted to have some insight as to tower/network improvements.  

My 'visit S4GRU every hour or so' has now been reduced to once or twice a day.  Ever since the 'home' tower was finally flipped on - I find myself needing to find a new hobby.   :P

To stay on topic though - I'm not sure I could ever let go of my 6+.   :)

• Like 2

To stay on topic though - I'm not sure I could ever let go of my 6+. :)

I feel the same way. My sister has the 6, and I just can't go back to having to charge my phone multiple times a day. I use facebook, snapchat, instagram, browse S4GRU, and play games on my phone all day. With my 6+, I can last the whole day, from when I get up to when I go to sleep, with that usage. With the 6, I would have to plug my phone in at least one extra time a day, which I don't want to do.

-Anthony

• Like 1

I think my next phone will definitely be a plus. My friends have it and it fits in my hand perfectly and I like the bigger screen. Maybe I'll get the 7 Plus we shall see though.

My wife is bummed about the sizes - she has smaller hands and the 6 is uncomfortably large for her. Hopefully the "6C" is released at the 4" size.

My wife is bummed about the sizes - she has smaller hands and the 6 is uncomfortably large for her. Hopefully the "6C" is released at the 4" size.

Why doesn't she just get a 5s, it's still a good phone and runs iOS very well.

Why doesn't she just get a 5s, it's still a good phone and runs iOS very well.

She has a 5S now... Our upgrade is coming right when the new devices are released. :)

I think apple will keep the plus size for only the most recent release, to maximize their prof....... Contribution to society[emoji12]

• Like 1

This whole forum has gone really quiet recently, and I'm not sure why. But in some thread related news, I sold my 6+ and bought a 6. It was just becoming too cumbersome to operate one handed. It feels right to have a "normal" sized phone again.

If you're talking about all of S4GRU, I think it's because the network update maps are fewer and farther between.  So instead of checking daily, more people are coming here weekly or monthly.

• Like 2

My wife is bummed about the sizes - she has smaller hands and the 6 is uncomfortably large for her.

Small hands?  Does she smell like cabbage?

If so, beware...

AJ

• Like 2

Anyone interested in a case with massive battery life increase with removable batteries? They have it for the 6 & 6+.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/zeroshock-battery-case-iphone-6

That seems like a decent deal and much cheaper than the Mophie that I purchased. I use these for multi-day excursions in the backcountry.

That seems like a decent deal and much cheaper than the Mophie that I purchased. I use these for multi-day excursions in the backcountry.

This one one ups Mophie just with the changeable batteries alone. I would love to have one with an extra battery or 2. Then I could have up to 1 week of battery life.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk