iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

It's funny what time away from the phone did to my memory. So the issue is not a gap as such. It's poor machining on the aluminum, or something. It almost looks like the phone was pried open at two points. And this is after opening a sealed box. Also the macro photos below show other marks, perhaps new. And the Lightning port looks worn (kinda pictured).

1d794690299f736c5f4a2d38c661e976.jpg

6f83ac5d59fa493c59f37c56d0db3fe9.jpg

As I documented the issue for the first time earlier this evening, I haven't viewed the phone again since it went in for evaluation with the carrier. I'm shocked. The box is all bashed up. It still had the wrap on as I'm OCD like that. As did the phone.

081fdb5bc678fbb79f7ac00a4b59eeee.jpg

879af56ddb888043b3d37c1445bc7504.jpg

These guys handled the phone like it was stolen property. Absolute disrespect. Like I said, box dinged and dirty. The phone itself had all the plastic removed and just the screen guard replaced again. That was *my* privilege to do, not theirs. Phone was filthy.

I'll have to pursue this in a consumer protection court now, as extreme as it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did anyone buy an Apple Watch? I got to play around with a co-worker's yesterday and suddenly really want one.

I want one so badly, but don't have the money right now. Maybe later this summer.

Yes I have the 42mm white sport and honestly I don't see the use. I'll be returning mine.

If I had the money right now, I'd buy yours off you. I was looking at a Sport in aluminum finish anyway.

Where did you buy the phone? That sounds like a nightmare. :(

From my country's largest carrier. A disgrace of a retailer with serious ethics and moral black holes. It's become a power struggle and they want to show me who's boss.

I'd just love to get Apple involved and have them ban this carrier due to tarnishing the good will that Steve Jobs spent his life building. I'm OCD like the late Steve. I won't accept this type of quality from any phone manufacturer let alone Apple. If I could only deal with Apple directly, I know they'd see me right.

• Like 1

I want one so badly, but don't have the money right now. Maybe later this summer.

If I had the money right now, I'd buy yours off you. I was looking at a Sport in aluminum finish anyway.

Hey you never know you may catch mine online if I take that route. I'm just not convinced with it. Fitness wise I have a Nike fuel band for all that. But everything else Just seems redundant.

Ok. My friend switched to Sprint this morning and got an iPhone 6, and his battery life is this. Is this normal?

252fa168e4f98b2783adb0bdb31ff1ab.jpg

He's done the reset Network Settings, Profile Updates, but hasn't done Reset All Settings.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Ok. My friend switched to Sprint this morning and got an iPhone 6, and his battery life is this. Is this normal?

He's done the reset Network Settings, Profile Updates, but hasn't done Reset All Settings.

Did he restore from an iPhone backup? It could be indexing things. I would usually have around 15% more than that I think...depending on brightness levels and what not. He's probably been playing around with the phone all day.

Did he restore from an iPhone backup? It could be indexing things. I would usually have around 15% more than that I think...depending on brightness levels and what not. He's probably been playing around with the phone all day.

Yes, he restored from backup. And I don't know how much he has been playing with it. How long do you think the indexing is going to go for?

It's funny what time away from the phone did to my memory. So the issue is not a gap as such. It's poor machining on the aluminum, or something. It almost looks like the phone was pried open at two points. And this is after opening a sealed box. Also the macro photos below show other marks, perhaps new. And the Lightning port looks worn (kinda pictured).

As I documented the issue for the first time earlier this evening, I haven't viewed the phone again since it went in for evaluation with the carrier. I'm shocked. The box is all bashed up. It still had the wrap on as I'm OCD like that. As did the phone.

These guys handled the phone like it was stolen property. Absolute disrespect. Like I said, box dinged and dirty. The phone itself had all the plastic removed and just the screen guard replaced again. That was *my* privilege to do, not theirs. Phone was filthy.

I'll have to pursue this in a consumer protection court now, as extreme as it sounds.

The condition of that phone is not acceptable. This phone looks like it was taken apart and not put together correctly. The screen should not pop up like that at the bottom, and those screws look partially worn like someoen who didnt know what they were doing took it apart.

I would not be happy. IF that ever happened here, I would march my happy ass into the apple store and wouldn't leave until they gave me a new phone. Sorry that you are going through all of this crap. This is not what apple likes to hear about their products.

• Like 1

Yes, he restored from backup. And I don't know how much he has been playing with it. How long do you think the indexing is going to go for?

Restoring from a backup always goofs my battery. I usually just set things up as a new phone and download apps again to start clean.

I also recently did soemething that boosted my battery life like crazy: I turned off push notifications for everything but Messages. Facetime and calls can still get me, but I'm surprised at how little I'm jumping at my phone when I hear a notification come through. It's also made me way more productive at work. :lol:

• Like 2

Did anyone buy an Apple Watch? I got to play around with a co-worker's yesterday and suddenly really want one.

Here are some of the issues I have been reading about. I do not have one Yet.

The Sport Models are made with ION X Glass screens (the same stuff on the iPhone 6/6P the BIG difference here is the screen bubbles forward so IMHO we are going to see a bunch of scratched screen on the sport models soon!

The regular Apple Watches are extreamly difficult to find. Apple deems it correct to have only one Brick and Mortar store in the US to be able purchase them from (store to the stars in LA) and the Russian Mob has been pushing their way to the front to purchase what they can.

It seems that Apple has desided to push aside their normal customers and market this device as jewelry and to give away many watches to A & B list stars and to sell what they can to the stars in LA ( Maxfields ) 

Edited by ZebraDude

The Sport Models are made with ION X Glass screens (the same stuff on the iPhone 6/6P the BIG difference here is the screen bubbles forward so IMHO we are going to see a bunch of scratched screen on the sport models soon!

I'm a daily watch wearer, and you can definitely tell which of my watches have a sapphire dome - right off the bat, that would disqualify me from buying a sport model.

My hope now is that my company buys one for me to figure out what's possible from an app design standpoint. I'll gladly take a free sport watch if they'd foot the bill!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a daily watch wearer, and you can definitely tell which of my watches have a sapphire dome - right off the bat, that would disqualify me from buying a sport model.

My hope now is that my company buys one for me to figure out what's possible from an app design standpoint. I'll gladly take a free sport watch if they'd foot the bill!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

even when you or the company desides to purchase one they are very hard to find. the 38mm models are slightly easier to obtain. i believe July is the time being quoted on line if you order now.

you could fly out to LA rent a room for 5 to 10 days go preorder at Maxfields then hope they get what you want in the allotted time if not Maxfields keeps the monies (store credit). they will not ship out nor will they take orders from afar. 

great system apple built for this rollout!

Edited by ZebraDude

I'm not sure why, but I haven't experienced an HD call in weeks. Over the winter I would notice it on almost every call I made to other Sprint subscribers. I'm thinking it might have to do with the new PRL changing the priority of 1x800 or even activating WiFi calling (which I disabled 2 weeks ago). Anyone else having a similar issue?

• Like 1

I'm not sure why, but I haven't experienced an HD call in weeks. Over the winter I would notice it on almost every call I made to other Sprint subscribers. I'm thinking it might have to do with the new PRL changing the priority of 1x800 or even activating WiFi calling (which I disabled 2 weeks ago). Anyone else having a similar issue?

Same here, I haven't received an HD call since the update. I think I prefer the 1x800 priority better though, I work in a building that has concrete walls on the first level and a parking garage with two sub levels, in a dense multi-level urban neighborhood. T-Mo and AT&T are no service, and Sprint trumps even Verizon with their 1x800 here. :gloat:

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone have any experience with the

iPhone® 6 16GB for $1/Month — Only at Best Buy

I was curious how it differs from the $15 credit Sprint stores offer.  I know that, contrary to what some reps say, the $15 continues even after the 1st lease if you go with the Sprint store option.

I'm not sure how the $19 credit option is at Beset Buy.

What carrier is everyone on? I just updated to iOS 8.4 beta 1 and it is 19.6 and PRL 55023

8.3 is 19.1, and today, sprint updated the prl to 55025.

I am on iOS 8.1.2. This past winter, I jail broke the phone and installed the Sprint carrier hack from iTweak iOS. I am considering updating to 8.3. Do I need to install iFile and uninstall the carrier hack before updating? I'm scared that updating to 8.3 without removing the hack may mess it up.

I had to swap phones on my account and I'm not able to activate wifi calling on my iPhone anymore. Has anyone had this issue with getting wifi calling to activate on their iPhone?

I am on iOS 8.1.2. This past winter, I jail broke the phone and installed the Sprint carrier hack from iTweak iOS. I am considering updating to 8.3. Do I need to install iFile and uninstall the carrier hack before updating? I'm scared that updating to 8.3 without removing the hack may mess it up.

Just make sure you do a full restore in iTunes. Nothing should get messed up, as installing a new OS will overwrite every jailbreak tweak you have. It will make it completely stock. You could probably do an OTA through the phone, but a clean wipe/install is always best.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

I had to swap phones on my account and I'm not able to activate wifi calling on my iPhone anymore. Has anyone had this issue with getting wifi calling to activate on their iPhone?

It's hit or miss. It has something to do with the provisioning. Call sprint and ask them to add wifi calling, and to re provision your phone. Or, try and remove/re-add wifi calling online, then dial ##update# and ##clear# to re-activate your device.

Sent from my iPhone 6+