iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] week when you copy someone else's designs you get their design flaws as well. *proceeds to drink tea*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not weak, just stupid for idiot fanboy fodder.

Honestly that's like saying my car door will bend if a NYC Taxi cab hits it. Obviously the damn door will.

• Like 2

Not weak, just stupid for idiot fanboy fodder.

Honestly that's like saying my car door will bend if a NYC Taxi cab hits it. Obviously the damn door will.

I didn't mean weak I meant well but it was to late for me to edit the post when I realized.

My battery life has gone to hell recently. I give up trying to make it better. Maybe a fresh install is in order this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Same here. Went from 10 hours daily usage to under 5 hours of daily usage in a little over a month. My charging habits have been pretty bad though.

In other news, I'm trying out Tidal. And the difference is extremely noticeable, even with the terrible EarPods.

Same here. Went from 10 hours daily usage to under 5 hours of daily usage in a little over a month. My charging habits have been pretty bad though.

In other news, I'm trying out Tidal. And the difference is extremely noticeable, even with the terrible EarPods.

I don't trust it. Illuminati.

I don't trust it. Illuminati.

Illuminati or not, it sounds amazing. Definitely not worth $25/month... but still amazing.

Just bought a new 128GB 6 Plus on Swappa for $580! Steal! :drool:

Wow. I got the same thing in gold there for $750, and I thought mine was a steal. Someone really wanted to get rid of it quick.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

well, I guess it is back to Polycarbonate for Samsung...

Samsung, Apple, HTC and anyone else making these phones could easily improve durability by making the phones a little thicker. Side effect would include the ability to use a larger battery.

I'll never understand the quest for a razor thin phone. I pulled out my OG EVO and even with as thick as that thing is, it felt nice in my hand. Sure its nice if you use a bulky case, but I would trade better durability and much better battery life over a super slim handset any day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I like this phone.

aXJjElE.jpg

-Anthony

My usage is on par with that. I used to be around 7-8 hours usage at 50%, now, I'm lucky to be around 5. I have almost the exact same app list, too. Maybe it's 8.2? I'm reading online how many people are pissed about the battery life with this OS. It seemed fine for me at first, then went downhill.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

My usage is on par with that. I used to be around 7-8 hours usage at 50%, now, I'm lucky to be around 5. I have almost the exact same app list, too. Maybe it's 8.2? I'm reading online how many people are pissed about the battery life with this OS. It seemed fine for me at first, then went downhill.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Battery usage on the betas are terrible too. Put your brightness up slightly and the battery drains instantly.

Battery usage on the betas are terrible too. Put your brightness up slightly and the battery drains instantly.

That's been my last ditch effort to make it through a day with heavy usage: auto brightness off and turned down low.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Wow. I take my phone off the charger around 10 every morning, and plug it in around 8 or 9, which is about where it hits 10-20%. Of course, I'm on wifi 90% of the day or better.

19c3d5e9f2fc43ec0c3bd2fd19a9db3a.jpg

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

This is all I could get too. I use to get around 8 lol.

1ece3d520f106e9e0d52f7f701972abd.jpg

I mean I guess this isn't completely bad for a 6.

My battery life has been great, and it has been consistenly great every day. 8.2 hasn't really done anything for me other than break DND, so I haven't really had any problems.

-Anthony

What's broken on DND? I work nights and sleep during the day. It's my lifesaver at preventing the 600 alerts I get during the day so I can actually sleep. Works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Final battery life for today.

That's about what I am usually able to get. I can regularly get 10 hours of usage and 15 hours of standby, which is good enough for me. Ever since I went from my 5S to my 6+, I haven't worried a single time throughout the day that my battery was going to die. I usually only got 3-4 hours usage and maybe 8 hours standby on my 5S, and that was with plugging it in on my way to school and on the way home each day. If it can get me through the day with me using it as much as I want without worrying, then that's good enough for me.

The battery usage picture that I posted a few posts up was with me unplugging it at ~5 PM EDT Friday, having it sit next to me all night while I watched a Fast and Furious marathon, then when I went to Cars and Coffee Saturday morning, then come home and go to sleep without plugging it in (because I was up all night and I felt like testing it) until 4 PM EDT, and then I got up until 8 PM EDT and went back to sleep (which is when I posted the picture). That is why I had such low usage time, but I was just so impressed with how well it was at standby. My 5S would go from 100% when I arrive at school to 50% when I left with less than an hour of usage. So I am thoroughly impressed. :)

-Anthony

What's broken on DND? I work nights and sleep during the day. It's my lifesaver at preventing the 600 alerts I get during the day so I can actually sleep. Works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I upgraded to 8.2 on launch day, and DND worked fine until last night. Email dings woke me up twice [emoji35], I'm a light sleeper. I had to manually silence, we'll see what happens tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Well, I'm not sure about full DND, just DND that is used on individual conversations in the messages app. Before 8.2 when I had DND enabled in a group message, I would still get a visual notification/NC notification, but I wouldn't get a sound, which I loved. After 8.2, I get absolutely nothing. Well, I get a app badge notification, which absolutely sucks. I can look at my phone and see there are no notifications but then I unlock my phone and see on my messages app that i have 30 un-read messages. I hate it.

Plus, I think 8.2 either broke my messages app altogether or I need a restore. Why? Well, whenever I delete a conversation in my messages app, after I delete it, I tap on another conversation, the phone freezes for ~10 seconds with the conversation highlighted, then loads the conversation but only displays the most recent message sent/received in that convo. In order to get the rest of the convo back, you must completely close the messages app, then reopen it, which will result in opening the messages app and it taking ~45 seconds to open and then it displaying that I have NO conversations at all (which will happen if you completely close the messages app like before of if you just go to your home screen and the messages app gets pushed out of the RAM and the OS decides to refresh the app), and the only way to get them back is to reset the phone. In which case, once the phone powers back on, you open the messages app and VIOLA, you conversations are back, along with the conversation that you tried to delete. -_-

-Anthony

How much longer until the IOS 8.2 Jailbreak comes out? I been looking online for a few weeks but can't find a jailbreak for iOS 8.2. Is there one out?

Nothing yet. I'm thinking the jailbreak teams are going to wait until after 8.3 for the sake of preserving whatever exploits they have.

• Like 1