Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

B41 will never penetrate buildings as well as low band spectrum. B41 will give you great speeds outdoors, but it does not help with indoor reliability, which is something Sprint and T-Mobile suffer from. The difference here is that Sprint couldn't afford the auction and is strolling along with minimal network investments while T-Mobile is investing and expanding.

So, 1900/800 is not enough? 600mhz 5x5 will not change that.

I believe the end game is to have 800/1900 to supplement those areas where B41 will not reach.

Eventually the CDMA spectrum will also be refarmed for LTE. 600mhz will not be usable anytime soon. If they said 600mhz could be acquired deployed and used with in a year or two I'd agree. But 4 years from now, no one will care.

• Like 2

The end game is for Band 26 to be used for VoLTE mostly and WiFi/Band 41/Band 25 for data.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is where I see this going.

B41 will never penetrate buildings as well as low band spectrum. B41 will give you great speeds outdoors, but it does not help with indoor reliability, which is something Sprint and T-Mobile suffer from. The difference here is that Sprint couldn't afford the auction and is strolling along with minimal network investments while T-Mobile is investing and expanding.

I camp on B41 inside my house, usually at around 110-114 dBm, whereas B26 will sometimes pop up at around 108-112 dBm, all coming from the same tower. Optimization? surely not.

Depends on where.

I'm in NYC and camping right now on a -101dB B41 site.

• Like 3

Depends on where.

I'm in NYC and camping right now on a -101dB B41 site.

Likewise. At my place in Pittsburgh I'm at -95 on B41 and I'm about 1.5+ miles from the site. It is line of sight though... Pittsburgh geography helps a lot, sites are placed at the tops of the hills so B41 coverage is really good in the city.

On the other hand, B41 doesn't get very far at all in SF. I'm guessing because of site locations and building materials.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 2

So, 1900/800 is not enough? 600mhz 5x5 will not change that.

I believe the end game is to have 800/1900 to supplement those areas where B41 will not reach.

Eventually the CDMA spectrum will also be refarmed for LTE. 600mhz will not be usable anytime soon. If they said 600mhz could be acquired deployed and used with in a year or two I'd agree. But 4 years from now, no one will care.

Yup. Tarek Robbiati said 600 MHz wouldn't be available for use until 2021.

http://www.lightread...com/mobile/mec-(mobile-edge-computing)/sprint-cfo-600mhz-auction-will-not-deliver-enough-spectrum/d/d-id/720282

(Jeez LightReading: Who puts () in a URL?)

"This auction is at best going to give a block of 2x10MHz spectrum," Tarek Robbiati said at the Citi 2016 Internet, Media and Telecommunications Conference. "For a really, really high-speed network you need at least 2x20MHz of contiguous spectrum."

Furthermore, Robbiati suggested, the spectrum won't be available for use until 2021. (See Sprint Says It Will Sit Out Incentive Auction .)

Between the deployment timeline and the lack of enough contiguous Spectrum, it seems Sprint put some thought into this.

• Like 3

Spend 7 to 10 billions on a 10x10 600mhz license then you will have to go back to those towers to add capacity three months later due to congestion. This doesn'take sense at all.

• Like 1

Meh,like the poster above said Sprint should spend billions on upgrading the rest of their macros to 8T8R equipment. It is not sufficient if a city has 500 macros sites and only 250 have 8T8R radios.

This 1000x. Sprint needs to get more than half of all sites with band 41. At least 90% of all macro towers should have it. Its not like is is more expensive than network vision.
  • Like 4

Sprint sitting out on the 600 was best. At the current moment they need to focus on what they have going on right now and getting that completed and running like a boss. Sprint truly has the tools as it stands with resources to compete the right way with V and A but it's all about execution.

This auction is more so a urgent matter for T-Mobile to keep up for down the road so it makes sense for them to take it more serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cec0516a8c26a1875b64a257241431c3.jpgf38b9a42a4697e7e744e39f25d57061d.jpg

Here I am sitting inside a warehouse made of steel, with the tower being a half a mile away. People complaining about how band 41 can't get inside buildings. Guess what? It can. Might want to have your phones checked out.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Has anyone seen speed issues before 3xCA is launched in an area. Ive noticed all over the indy market im get 20-30mpbs in places i used to get 100 with 2xCA. I noticed this started when i started seeing B41^3 showing up on signal check.

Any ideas? These area a mix of south of indy and columbus indiana.

7e3a6a4514f42d66a78df940d4b11bd1.jpg4525ec162c03699974329456bef39c51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen speed issues before 3xCA is launched in an area. Ive noticed all over the indy market im get 20-30mpbs in places i used to get 100 with 2xCA. I noticed this started when i started seeing B41^3 showing up on signal check.

Any ideas? These area a mix of south of indy and columbus indiana.

Sounds like the third Band 41 carrier went live and your phone and the network seems to agree that it is the least congested of the 3 carriers but it is currently not configured for carrier aggregation with any other Band 41 carrier yet. You're not getting the speeds you did before until Sprint configures it for CA with the other 2 carriers and then speeds should go up again.

no what changes?

Starting on friday the current plans MRCs will change. They will go up $5 per line and then you get $5 off for setting up autopay

So basically unlimited freedom will be 65+45+35 etc. Then you get $5 off each line for autopay and that brings it down to the current prices.

On the simple choice, and 50% plans the access fee will go up $5 and if you do auto pay you will get a $5 discount for each access fee to bring it back to current prices.

This will not affect people currently on any of the plans. It is not retroactive. There will new SOC codes for these plans friday that will be used going forward with the higher MRC.

Basically they saw what tmobile was doing with tmobile one pricing and copied it.

no what changes?

• Like 1

Starting on friday the current plans MRCs will change. They will go up $5 per line and then you get $5 off for setting up autopay

So basically unlimited freedom will be 65+45+35 etc. Theb you get $5 off each line for autopay and that brings it down to the current prices.

On the simple choice, and 50% plans the access fee will go up $5 and if you do auto pay you will get a $5 discount for each access fee to bring it back to current prices.

This will not affect people currently on any of the plans. It is not retroactive. There will nee SOC codes for these plans friday that will be used going forward with the higher MRC.

Basically they saw what tmobile was doing with tmobile one pricing and copied it.

Thanks T-mobile for starting the trend!

• Like 1

So basically unlimited freedom will be 65+45+35 etc. Then you get $5 off each line for autopay and that brings it down to the current prices.

This will not affect people currently on any of the plans. It is not retroactive. There will new SOC codes for these plans friday that will be used going forward with the higher MRC.

Sprint has been copying tmobile alot lately.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sprint has been coping tmobile alot lately

"Coping with T-Mobile."

Tonight, on a very special episode of "Diff'rent Strokes."

AJ

• Like 6

And us cellular has been doing this long before T-Mobile adopted this method. Eventually everyone copies everyone.

This is right.  I switched from US Cellular to Sprint in 2013 and I had been getting an auto-pay discount for at least a year at that point.

- Trip