Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

You do realize that not even the #1 rated network is great everywhere, anytime.  Location, location, location, and time, time, time.  VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile all have similar sore spots in all markets at times.  You cannot generalize any reliable conclusions from that.

AJ

frabz-Butbut-but-but-skylar-need-good-ro

I agree with you AJ. No one is perfect

You do realize that not even the #1 rated network is great everywhere, anytime. Location, location, location, and time, time, time. VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile all have similar sore spots in all markets at times. You cannot generalize any reliable conclusions from that.

AJ

That's why I specified just in Jacksonville. Even Terrell pointed out that the southern parts of Florida have seen some noticeable improvements.
  • Like 2

That's why I specified just in Jacksonville. Even Terrell pointed out that the southern parts of Florida have seen some noticeable improvements.

Nope, not even the Jacksonville market from your very limited, anecdotal evidence.  For all you/we know, Sprint could be the #1 network overall in Jacksonville right now.  Or not.

AJ

Well looks like Marcelo won't come through. No biggie we are used it.. On another note I wonder why sprint doesn't prioritize markets that have professional teams ??? I understand large people markets, but all NFL,MLB , NHL ... large college towns, should all be blanketed with cows until buildouts are completed.

Oh well sprint will eventually get it done. But when it is expect to see vzw/att prices from sprint.

Nope, not even the Jacksonville market from your very limited, anecdotal evidence. For all you/we know, Sprint could be the #1 network overall in Jacksonville right now. Or not.

AJ

AJ I'm so sure Sprint is not number 1 in Jax market I will donate $200 to this site if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Maybe here in Jacksonville we will see more band 41 when our football team actually win some games.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I believe the Jags will be a London based team in 10 years...

• Like 1

I believe the Jags will be a London based team in 10 years...

That's possible but the team is now worth 1.79 billon. The owner paid 700mil for it a couple years ago. I believe it's profitable and he's building a lot of things around the stadium to bring more people into that area and have a great experience there.

• Like 1

AJ I'm so sure Sprint is not number 1 in Jax market I will donate $200 to this site if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I think anecdotally we all agree that Sprint is not #1 in Jacksonville. But I will still gladly accept a $200 donation. Have you considered entering it in our iPhone raffle? :)

But that's not his point. He isn't saying that Sprint is best in JAX. It's about being able to verify all carriers in all places at all times of day. And everyone's different usage patterns. And that it's a fluid moving target for everyone. His comment needs to be put into context with all his comments leading up to that.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2

That's possible but the team is now worth 1.79 billon. The owner paid 700mil for it a couple years ago. I believe it's profitable and he's building a lot of things around the stadium to bring more people into that area and have a great experience there.

They're gone in the next 10 years. Probably to Oakland, St. Louis or Las Vegas. Jacksonville is just too small of a market.

I think anecdotally we all agree that Sprint is not #1 in Jacksonville. But I will still gladly accept a $200 donation. Have you considered entering it in our iPhone raffle? :)

But that's not his point. He isn't saying that Sprint is best in JAX. It's about being able to verify all carriers in all places at all times of day. And everyone's different usage patterns. And that it's a fluid moving target for everyone. His comment needs to be put into context with all his comments leading up to that.

Where's the iphone raffle page? I must be blind as i can't  find it.

Didn't stop Green bay

Flawed comparison.  The Jaguars cannot hold a candle to the Packers in history, quality, national following, etc.  Plus, Green Bay has Milwaukee.

In the end, the Jaguars never should have existed.  Jacksonville was and still is one of the more baffling, boneheaded decisions that the NFL has ever made.  The NFL owners seemingly were ignorant of geography -- Jacksonville appears to be larger than it is because of the large population of Jacksonville proper, while the rest of the metro area is quite small.

AJ

• Like 2

Flawed comparison.  The Jaguars cannot hold a candle to the Packers in history, quality, national following, etc.  Plus, Green Bay has Milwaukee.

In the end, the Jaguars never should have existed.  Jacksonville was and still is one of the more baffling, boneheaded decisions that the NFL has ever made.  The NFL owners seemingly were ignorant of geography -- Jacksonville appears to be larger than it is because of the large population of Jacksonville proper, while the rest of the metro area is quite small.

AJ

Green Bay actually has the entire state of WisCansin.  Jax has Jax and may be Tallahassee. Not to even mention GB organization is more creative in running the team than Jax for a very small market team.  

• Like 1

Green Bay actually has the entire state of WisCansin. Jax has Jax and may be Tallahassee. Not to even mention GB organization is more creative in running the team than Jax for a very small market team.

I would even doubt Jacksonville owns Tallahassee. They got Florida State and a bigger football stadium.

Green Bay is unique in the way their ownership is set up. The fans and the city hold ownership, not some billionaire sucking the tax payer's money. So outside of them going bankrupt, Green Bay isn't going anywhere. History has got nothing to do with it. The NFL has shown in the past that history means nothing to them (See the LA Rams, Houston Oilers, Baltimore Colts, etc.). Fans are nothing but customers and loyalty is measured in dollars.

If the Raiders move to Las Vegas, there's a good chance the Jaguars move their team to Oakland. Or maybe even St. Louis.

• Like 2

Anyone who knows suburban/exurban North Florida and the demographics personally would understand that Jacksonville is more than large enough to support an NFL team. But it's problem is that it's a poorly owned/managed and often poorly coached team. The fans have supported that team for a long time. But there's just nothing there to support. If they had built even a halfway successful team, it would be a whole different ballgame.

The fans spent big money and showed up for nearly 20 years and just now are giving up. Because there are new generations now than the ones who fought to bring a team for so many years. And they just have nothing to get excited about.

Sadly, it feels like they're circling the drain now. I think we're nearing the 'event horizon.' No new positive and remarkable energy in the real near future, and it's over.

• Like 5

Anyone who knows suburban/exurban North Florida and the demographics personally would understand that Jacksonville is more than large enough to support an NFL team. But it's problem is that it's a poorly owned/managed and often poorly coached team. The fans have supported that team for a long time. But there's just nothing there to support. If they had built even a halfway successful team, it would be a whole different ballgame.

The fans spent big money and showed up for nearly 20 years and just now are giving up. Because there are new generations now than the ones who fought to bring a team for so many years. And they just have nothing to get excited about.

Sadly, it feels like they're circling the drain now. I think we're nearing the 'event horizon.' No new positive and remarkable energy in the real near future, and it's over.

Exactly. Population is definitely enough to sustain the team. Team performance is the main issue to fan attendance.

Win and they will come. Simple.

• Like 2

I disagree with with the comments about fan support. Now more than ever the fans are loyally supporting the team even with the losing record.

FACT: The Jags haven't had a blackout in YEARS meanwhile other NFL teams struggle with attendance and blackouts each year. Also, you can't expect for the Jags to have the Fan base of the Packers. The Jags are a relatively new team in the NFL and it takes time to build that fan base generation after generation. Before the Jaguars came to be NFL fans in JAX were Tampa Bay, GreenBay, Atlanta and fans of other teams around the country. Most did not switch teams the day the Jags arrived and neither did their sons and daughters.

• Like 1

TRUE fans are loyal - others ride the wave. It's simple WIN WIN WIN. That's how you make money that's how you attract more fans and company's /agreements.... the more u win the more money you make the more new fans become loyal. It's that way in any sport with any team

I disagree with with the comments about fan support. Now more than ever the fans are loyally supporting the team even with the losing record.

FACT: The Jags haven't had a blackout in YEARS meanwhile other NFL teams struggle with attendance and blackouts each year.

No team has been blacked out since 2013, when there were two. There were none in 2014, then the league got rid of the blackout policy entirely as of 2015.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/28/nfl-continues-suspension-of-blackout-rule/

• Like 1

No team has been blacked out since 2013, when there were two. There were none in 2014, then the league got rid of the blackout policy entirely as of 2015.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/28/nfl-continues-suspension-of-blackout-rule/

Even then, the last time the Jags had an issue with not meeting ticket sales and having a blackout was 2009.

Even then, the last time the Jags had an issue with not meeting ticket sales and having a blackout was 2009.

"Alltel Stadium" also has had its capacity reduced by 10,000.  Hmm...

Face reality.  Jacksonville has not worked out, is a weak market.  The NFL in Jacksonville is going away -- much like Alltel.

AJ

• Like 1