Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yeah, I'm no fan of the phone leasing system.  I think it's kind of ridiculous.

I am leasing some fried chicken.  With an option to buy.  I hope I got a good deal.

AJ

• Like 3

But seriously I think Verizon's score was higher than 10 mbps. There was a 22% speed difference. That is noticable when downloading normal apps and video consistency.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Difference between 16 and 26? It's relative man, 30 seconds in real time?

• Like 1

I think too many Android device's value plunge too fast. Whereas idevices tend to hold value well into its lifespan. Also, this Samsung battery debacle do not help the cause.

That the iPhone mystique persists to this day among the hoi polloi, thereby artificially propping up the resale value, is astonishing.  Any used phone is still a used phone.  Not "preowned."  USED.

AJ

• Like 3

Were we previously aware of the USCC spectrum swaps in IL, VA, MI, KS, WA? Maybe I've been under a rock.

ULS App: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applMain.jsp?applID=9546885

FCC Electronic Comments: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/filings?proceedings_name=16-179&sort=date_disseminated,DESC

Heck, there are still AT&T areas that are EDGE only. 

I can second that - AT&T being still stuck on 2G along I-40 where I used to live in TN was why I switched to Sprint and even found my way here in the first place a few years back.  They've since rectified that from what I'm told, but at the time Sprint (as bad as they were before back then in the eyes of many) was considerably better/faster than AT&T.   Every carrier has areas where they have issues, and AT&T certainly has had as many warts as anyone else.

• Like 1

In my (admittedly anecdotal) experience, Sprint is outperforming every other network here in the Richmond, VA area. Was just at our state fair this past weekend and my new iPhone 7 was working great - texting, voice calls, data on the ready when needed (ok, let's be honest - wanted). Other family members there (all on AT&T) had data that performed intermittently, at the very best.

I've had similar, recent experiences with Verizon and T-Mobile users,

So in my book, Sprint is already the best in my area based on my usage. (I should note I also still have active accounts with the other 3 top carriers that I test on my own from time to time.) I don't travel much anymore (at least for the moment), so Sprint is perfect for me. 

I don't know whether this will hold true on a nationwide basis within the next 6-8 months, but if my local area is any indication I can see where Sprint will at least give the others a very significant run for their money.

• Like 2

In Western Washington, if you have B41 you have the best network experience in most situations. I have you have B25 (which is now 10x10), you have an overall pretty good experience. It's the 3G gaps and deep in-building situations because of no B26. But now the end is nigh. Finally.

Sprint has solid chance of being the best here when they get B26 deployed. But it's now a fair competitor and will only get better as the gaps are filled with B26.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 5

No way is Sprint even close to being #1 or #2 by May 2017.  They are still many holes in their LTE network and even though it gets better day by day, I just seriously doubt that they are deploying small cells fast enough to add capacity and coverage around the country to surpass Verizon or ATT.  Heck they can't even deploy B26 in the SB county/Mexico IBEZ and Canadian IBEZ zones yet so there are still plenty of markets that do not have access to LTE 800 and CDMA 800.  

I think its gonna take another 2 years when more and more small cells get deployed and adding 3xCA LTE carriers to compete with LTE coverage and performance.

• Like 1

No way is Sprint even close to being #1 or #2 by May 2017. They are still many holes in their LTE network and even though it gets better day by day, I just seriously doubt that they are deploying small cells fast enough to add capacity and coverage around the country to surpass Verizon or ATT. Heck they can't even deploy B26 in the SB county/Mexico IBEZ and Canadian IBEZ zones yet so there are still plenty of markets that do not have access to LTE 800 and CDMA 800.

I think its gonna take another 2 years when more and more small cells get deployed and adding 3xCA LTE carriers to compete with LTE coverage and performance.

There are there that have Band 26. Some have 1x800 but, not LTE band 26. The up north area here in Minnesota near Canada has band 26.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

In Western Washington, if you have B41 you have the best network experience in most situations. I have you have B25 (which is now 10x10), you have an overall pretty good experience. It's the 3G gaps and deep in-building situations because of no B26. But now the end is nigh. Finally.

Sprint has solid chance of being the best here when they get B26 deployed. But it's now a fair competitor and will only get better as the gaps are filled with B26.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I couldn't agree more with up here. It's hard because of the terrain but B26 will help a lot with that.

• Like 1

We are all most at the 17 month mark. I don't see any miracles happening in the next 30 days, winter will be here shortly as well which may play a role in slowing things down.

But! He did say 18-24 months!

Definitely not in Jacksonville. At my new office downtown, I'm pulling 0.5mbps on LTE. ????
  • Like 1

Definitely not in Jacksonville. At my new office downtown, I'm pulling 0.5mbps on LTE. ????

north florida is different. From the villages onwards even rural cities have b41. Jacksonville market is not getting much love this year. Hundreds of sites with b25/26 only. That's not changing til next year maybe.

north florida is different. From the villages onwards even rural cities have b41. Jacksonville market is not getting much love this year. Hundreds of sites with b25/26 only. That's not changing til next year maybe.

I've experienced B41 and it really is awesome. The issue is that it's like seeing a unicorn in Jacksonville. I'm not sure why Jacksonville is a low priority market. I am just guessing Sprint doesn't have a good market share here.

Definitely not in Jacksonville. At my new office downtown, I'm pulling 0.5mbps on LTE.

You do realize that not even the #1 rated network is great everywhere, anytime.  Location, location, location, and time, time, time.  VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile all have similar sore spots in all markets at times.  You cannot generalize any reliable conclusions from that.

AJ

• Like 3

You do realize that not even the #1 rated network is great everywhere, anytime. Location, location, location, and time, time, time. VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile all have similar sore spots in all markets at times. You cannot generalize any reliable conclusions from that.

AJ

This exactly.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk