Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I figured I'd chime in here. Sprint does not have enough B41 live nationwide and they also have the least amount of cell towers/coverage. I feel like in their financial predicament, they should really focus on the upgrades instead of giving away service to users that aren't going to pay for it. I'm surprised AJ hasn't chimed in on this yet, considering his stance on people that have device subsidies.

This philanthropic effort has no effect on Sprint's network CAPEX and upgrade progress.  Apples and oranges.  Nachos and karate.

Additionally, the giveaway is not a Mobile Beacon type situation -- "unlimited" data under outdated contract terms.  No, it is limited data of 3 GB per month.  That restricts users from putting much of a dent in the Sprint network.  And any goodwill gained can be counted as an asset.

By the way, I saw that someone called you out in the Sprint subreddit.  You were so unhappy with your service that you ported out from Sprint.  Yet, for whatever reason, you cannot look away.  Maybe I just should make this my signature file quote...

...[a] character flaw chronic among former Sprint users who feel the need to stick around Sprint discussion and repeatedly tell how Sprint has disappointed them.  Other people move on with their lives and interests.

AJ

• Like 2

This philanthropic effort has no effect on Sprint's network CAPEX and upgrade progress.  Apples and oranges.  Nachos and karate.

Additionally, the giveaway is not a Mobile Beacon type situation -- "unlimited" data under outdated contract terms.  No, it is limited data of 3 GB per month.  That restricts users from putting much of a dent in the Sprint network.  And any goodwill gained can be counted as an asset.

AJ

Well, okay.  Let's go over this.  1 million customers free users with 3GB data each is not an issue, but grandfathered customers that have been with Sprint for 5+ years paying for it is an issue?  As far as Capex goes, Sprint has the lowest out of the big 4 and is now giving away devices/service for what?  Tax breaks? Goodwill?  I'd rather them increase ARPU, focus on network upgrades and improve what customers are paying for.  Sprint's not a Charity, is it?

I might just want to add a quote as well.

I guess he's too busy giving out free stuff to the poor, and not giving out $5 ice cream cones to his customers. 

What a shame! sac.

• Like 1

Well, okay.  Let's go over this.  1 million customers free users with 3GB data each is not an issue, but grandfathered customers that have been with Sprint for 5+ years paying for it is an issue?

What the hell are you talking about?  What relevance do "grandfathered customers that have been with Sprint for 5+ years" have to this issue?

As far as Capex goes, Sprint has the lowest out of the big 4 and is now giving away devices/service for what?  Tax breaks? Goodwill?  I'd rather them increase ARPU, focus on network upgrades and improve what customers are paying for.  Sprint's not a Charity, is it?

This clearly is an effort close to Marcelo's heart.  He was going to do it whether Sprint's CAPEX was highest or lowest.  And this philanthropy is not imposing any opportunity cost on CAPEX.  So, drop that argument.  Sheesh, you act as if Sprint is diverting serious attention away from day to day business in order to support this charity.  Not necessary.

You do realize that quote is sarcastic.  It does not suit your point/agenda.

AJ

• Like 5

Well, okay. Let's go over this. 1 million customers free users with 3GB data each is not an issue, but grandfathered customers that have been with Sprint for 5+ years paying for it is an issue? As far as Capex goes, Sprint has the lowest out of the big 4 and is now giving away devices/service for what? Tax breaks? Goodwill? I'd rather them increase ARPU, focus on network upgrades and improve what customers are paying for. Sprint's not a Charity, is it?

You will never win with this guy! He is what I call a selective reader/listener. He only reads/listen to what he wants... he always has an answer for everything you throw at him!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 4

You will never win with this guy! He is what I call a selective reader/listener. He only reads/listen to what he wants... he always has an answer for everything you throw at him!

No, I am not a "selective reader/listener."  You have presented no evidence of that.  Instead, I am just the opposite -- a voracious consumer of information.

And perhaps I have "an answer for everything you throw at [me]" because I possess a high intelligence, vast body of knowledge, keen grasp of reason and argument, and strong set of writing skills.  I have the intellectual upper hand.  That is why I win.

AJ

• Like 1

Well, okay.  Let's go over this.  1 million customers free users with 3GB data each is not an issue, but grandfathered customers that have been with Sprint for 5+ years paying for it is an issue?  As far as Capex goes, Sprint has the lowest out of the big 4 and is now giving away devices/service for what?  Tax breaks? Goodwill?  I'd rather them increase ARPU, focus on network upgrades and improve what customers are paying for.  Sprint's not a Charity, is it?

The fact that you even question why should 1 million underprivileged users get free connection and why do you get nothing as a customer/shareholder speaks to more of who you are as a person than any negative substance you are trying to concoct.

What if Sprint is a more charitable organization, what is wrong with it? More organizations should be more involved in charitable efforts. We live in a society that should care for one another.  Also, sprint has said this will cost very little them as an organization.  I think you refuse to believe anything is good with Sprint based on your experience. If that's the case, it's sad to see why you even care to come to a forum for Sprint avid users.

• Like 4

Well, okay. Let's go over this. 1 million customers free users with 3GB data each is not an issue, but grandfathered customers that have been with Sprint for 5+ years paying for it is an issue? As far as Capex goes, Sprint has the lowest out of the big 4 and is now giving away devices/service for what? Tax breaks? Goodwill? I'd rather them increase ARPU, focus on network upgrades and improve what customers are paying for. Sprint's not a Charity, is it?

I agree with your posts here, Ascertion. Sprint has halted spending on their network to such a degree analysts and readers have questioned, while many here on S4GRU and elsewhere online call for growth in the network that is much needed right now. Yet, Marcelo and co raise rates while introducing much tighter optimization than T-Mobile, though still won't spend what is necessary, which despite all this they can give away free service to so many people out of "philanthropy". Meanwhile, Masayoshi Son spends billions of $ acquiring ARM. Also to mention adding to this, Marcelo says they are being "smart" about this.

I certainly cannot fault longtime Sprint users/fans/loyalists from feeling let down and any disappointment in general, especially after waiting so long through so much. Certainly there are other options for wireless, but that doesn't mean anything against a person for sticking around on Sprint. Now with Marcelo talking about shifting all customers to just a few plans, that should be a cause for concern to many people who've stuck around for price, among other reasons.

• Like 4

I agree with your posts here, Ascertion. Sprint has halted spending on their network to such a degree analysts and readers have questioned, while many here on S4GRU and elsewhere online call for growth in the network that is much needed right now. Yet, Marcelo and co raise rates while introducing much tighter optimization than T-Mobile, though still won't spend what is necessary, which despite all this they can give away free service to so many people out of "philanthropy". Meanwhile, Masayoshi Son spends billions of $ acquiring ARM. Also to mention adding to this, Marcelo says they are being "smart" about this.

I certainly cannot fault longtime Sprint users/fans/loyalists from feeling let down and any disappointment in general, especially after waiting so long through so much. Certainly there are other options for wireless, but that doesn't mean anything against a person for sticking around on Sprint. Now with Marcelo talking about shifting all customers to just a few plans, that should be a cause for concern to many people who've stuck around for price, among other reasons.

I agree! Marcelo doing this new program is a good thing though...even though it might not be attractive to us, but him doing that give it that awww factor and might attract more customers. A lot of people are going to appreciate this and could possible switch to sprint ( it will give the brand an overall boost in its image). I wouldn't be surprised if they actually spend money on advertising..to advertise this on TV.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would think that if someone gets the service for free and it works well for them. Perhaps after getting out of school they might stick with the provider that gave them free service.

Again that's assuming the perspective customers are loyal which probably wouldn't be the case but I'd like to hope...

• Like 3

I would think that if someone gets the service for free and it works well for them. Perhaps after getting out of school they might stick with the provider that gave them free service.

Again that's assuming the perspective customers are loyal which probably wouldn't be the case but I'd like to hope...

I agree! Not only the person,but the whole family/ relatives

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Did anyone see Verizon's new unlimited plan? Jesus talk about greedy, they're a joke.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They're so greedy it's obscene. They seem to like over billing for data use so they can either up sell you or hit you with an overage. And I don't mean just like those stories of people getting hit with multiple GB's in overages but just a few MB's here and there which adds up.

• Like 2

They're so greedy it's obscene. They seem to like over billing for data use so they can either up sell you or hit you with an overage. And I don't mean just like those stories of people getting hit with multiple GB's in overages but just a few MB's here and there which adds up.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that, go Sprint!

• Like 3

Did anyone see Verizon's new unlimited plan? Jesus talk about greedy, they're a joke.

New unlimited plan? How much is that per month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Google it lol too much to post lol, it's like aol back in the day haha.

I tried and all I keep getting is about their old data plan and how they were shutting customers off after 100GB.

I tried and all I keep getting is about their old data plan and how they were shutting customers off after 100GB.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.gsmarena.com/verizon_begins_offering_unlimited_data_well_kinda_not_really-blog-21061.php&ved=0ahUKEwiRwIHsntnPAhXRsh4KHZvuACQQqG8IPjAB&usg=AFQjCNE1aCSE413fSH9U_XOBhCBuO-tNQw

2 dollars for a 30 min session or 3 dollars for a 60 min session of unlimited data.

2 dollars for a 30 min session or 3 dollars for a 60 min session of unlimited data.

Oh heck no! That's the grand ripoff!

• Like 4