Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

While some might see that as a photocopy of T-Mobile's move, I still think this could be a great idea.

If they copy T-Mobile by letting both new AND existing customers take advantage of promotions then that would be great. 

What Sprint needs to do is get some low cost Spark phones for Boost and Virgin and cheaper Sprint customers that are on outdated singleband LTE or even WIMAX phones and really relieve pressure on the whole network. 

edit: While I was typing this IamMrFamous07 posts a link talking about sub $100 Spark phones . . . creepy

• Like 1

If they copy T-Mobile by letting both new AND existing customers take advantage of promotions then that would be great. 

What Sprint needs to do is get some low cost Spark phones for Boost and Virgin and cheaper Sprint customers that are on outdated singleband LTE or even WIMAX phones and really relieve pressure on the whole network. 

edit: While I was typing this IamMrFamous07 posts a link talking about sub $100 Spark phones . . . creepy

You could look at the Sharp Aquos, isn't that phone $240 all in?

Sprint should notify all Galaxy s4 (Single band) owners to go into the closest corporate store and exchange for the s4 spark and the same goes for s3 owners.

I know eventually these people will upgrade but you have some people who keep their same phone for years.

Just a suggestion

Sprint should notify all Galaxy s4 (Single band) owners to go into the closest corporate store and exchange for the s4 spark and the same goes for s3 owners.

I know eventually these people will upgrade but you have some people who keep their same phone for years.

Just a suggestion

They should do this by market where B41 is enabled.

You could look at the Sharp Aquos, isn't that phone $240 all in?

I think you will actually be able to get it for $150 from Virgin and Boost, if memory serves. Will Sprints subsidiary's get Tri-Band access?  I would imagine so, just wondering why the difference in price.

And, yes, $240 on Sprint! Have you heard anything on a release date?  Seems like a steal to me!

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sharps-first-aquos-smartphone-comes-to-the-us-sharp-aquos-crystal-arriving-exclusively-at-sprint-boost-mobile-and-virgin-mobile.htm

I think you will actually be able to get it for $150 from Virgin and Boost, if memory serves. Will Sprints subsidiary's get Tri-Band access?  I would imagine so, just wondering why the difference in price.

And, yes, $240 on Sprint! Have you heard anything on a release date?  Seems like a steal to me!

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sharps-first-aquos-smartphone-comes-to-the-us-sharp-aquos-crystal-arriving-exclusively-at-sprint-boost-mobile-and-virgin-mobile.htm

Why in the world is it cheaper on virgin and boost....

• Like 2

In addition to Spark, that thing's fully CCA compliant!

Edit: the article says the phones that ANS CDMA phones will support bands 4, 12, 25, 26, and 41 but it doesn't include 4 or 12 in the specs for the Liberty 50x, but it doesn't list any band specs for the AL5 or ALP whatsoever. Hopefully the AL5 and the ALP phablet have all of the CCA bands.

Hmmm I don't know how good of an idea it would be to make such an announcement. Everybody wants transparency, but whenever they try to transparent about their plans it seems to get used against them. We'll see.

Hopefully Marcelo is prepared to deal with any nextel-thinning-esque tricks the duopoly try to pull off if he indeed is going to publicly announce such a list.

• Asked managers why would someone come to Sprint?

Managers or his team of silent vice presidents?

Claure acknowledged Sprint’s disadvantage by saying Thursday that even his team of vice presidents was unable to answer the question: “Why would anybody want to buy a Sprint phone?”

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article2063795.html

Fire them!  :td:

Claure acknowledged Sprint’s disadvantage by saying Thursday that even his team of vice presidents was unable to answer the question: “Why would anybody want to buy a Sprint phone?”

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-375-marcelo-declares-a-new-day-for-sprint-and-changes-band-41-priorities/

It was covered in our article too.  And I'm quoted in your link.   :tu:

I love this image of Marcelo.  He looks like he just got out of bed.  That's how dedicated he is.  He gets out of bed and charges right into Sprint and starts kicking butt.  :hah:

IMG_AP10225641140_jpg_2_1_M62PQD05_L6914

• Like 4

Hopefully the Kansas City Star sees the value and accuracy of the great information here.  They should donate sufficiently to become a Premier Sponsor so they can get all of the information.  They would only be able to publish (make the information public) with authorization from Robert and the S4GRU staff.

With them quoting S4GRU, maybe some other papers, media websites and companies will visit the site and become sponsors through financial support.

Actually the best would be for Sprint/Softbank to contribute to the cost of having this website up and online.  They are the ones receiving the rewards.  I know had I not found this website, I would have left Sprint myself over 2 years ago after suffering since I switched from Nextel to Sprint many years ago.  I am still suffering with service but at least S4GRU has turned on the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now don't take this wrong, I would like to see them contribute but receive no special benefits other than what anyone can get for the same Sponsorship level.

• Like 3

This is the second time we were quoted by Mark Davis in a KC Star interview. We have a good professional relationship. We help provide some technical background info that helps make his stories better than many of his contemporaries. And he includes some S4GRU quotes and coverage where we can offer something to the story.

I think Mark Davis does a good job trying to understand the details of the network. Quite refreshing. He's in the Business Division and he does more to understand and vet the technical than even most national tech media does these days. I like that.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 14

So you wonder when Marcelo Claure is going to offer robert and a few other guys on staff here a job. Now talk about a management shake-up :rasp::D

I'd gladly take a job working for Sprint corporate.

• Like 1