Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Same. With the new plans and free tablet offer hopefully sprint posts a good healthy subscriber gain.

I think Sprint should continue the promotion (contract buy out and waived access fee) until the end of the year

Even though they may have gain customers, is the network good enough to retain them? We all know it is improving, but will it meet these new customers expectations?  If it does, for the most part, then it will be a real good time for Sprint and a bright future.

Even though they may have gain customers, is the network good enough to retain them? We all know it is improving, but will it meet these new customers expectations?  If it does, for the most part, then it will be a real good time for Sprint and a bright future.

In certain areas, yes, the network is good enough to retain customers. These customers know when coming from a behemoth like at&t or verizon who have a ton of low band spectrum deployed, that their service isn't going to be better than those two...at least not yet. If you come to Tmobile or Sprint, you are doing it for the price points, promotions, or the unlimited data offer.

Edit: Would also like to add... Is the network good enough to retain them is a temporary situation. If the network is not good enough yet, then it eventually will be. The Tri-band network, where densely deployed, is performing exceptionally. So good in some markets that the visitors to the market threads have either slowed down considerably, or ceased almost entirely. That shows progress.

• Like 2

In certain areas, yes, the network is good enough to retain customers. These customers know when coming from a behemoth like at&t or verizon who have a ton of low band spectrum deployed, that their service isn't going to be better than those two...at least not yet. If you come to Tmobile or Sprint, you are doing it for the price points, promotions, or the unlimited data offer.

Edit: Would also like to add... Is the network good enough to retain them is a temporary situation. If the network is not good enough yet, then it eventually will be. The Tri-band network, where densely deployed, is performing exceptionally. So good in some markets that the visitors to the market threads have either slowed down considerably, or ceased almost entirely. That shows progress.

I see you points, but to explain myself better. Yes they may come for the better pricing and promotions. But I haven't see people complain and then leave Sprint because there plan price was risen or they had to much data. It was always because of the service.  I'm not complaining about Sprint. Matter of fact I'm rooting for them, and I know their network will get nothing but better. I just hope NV is complete enough to retain these new costumers and meet there expectations.

I see you points, but to explain myself better. Yes they may come for the better pricing and promotions. But I haven't see people complain and then leave Sprint because there plan price was risen or they had to much data. It was always because of the service.  I'm not complaining about Sprint. Matter of fact I'm rooting for them, and I know their network will get nothing but better. I just hope NV is complete enough to retain these new costumers and meet there expectations.

Time will bear it out.  Marcelo and Masa have lowered price to incentivize the Pardon our Dust message.  We will see if it's enough.  But they had to do something.  And the network does improve every month.  So it's a gamble that they felt they had no choice but to take.

Likely, if members are happy with the price and see improvements month after month, then it has a good chance of working out.  Plus, most of these new customers are getting Triband devices.  Which helps.

Robert

• Like 10

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/9/6129107/sprint-angling-iphone-6-buyers-with-free-iphone-for-life-leasing-plan

One thing to consider with the leasing program is that if you break it you buy it, regardless of if it happens the first day you get your phone, or the day before you have to send it back — at least if you don't have insurance. According to Sprint's senior vice president of product David Owens, the majority of the company's customers already pay for that." We don’t require it, but we’d encourage it," Owens toldThe Verge.

I am sort of surprised it isn't a requirement or somehow built into the price/an option like T-Mobile Jump..

So the Magenta fanboys are not impressed with uncarrier 7.0.seems to me Dr Flamingo has ran out of steam.

Let the crying and complaining begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/9/6129107/sprint-angling-iphone-6-buyers-with-free-iphone-for-life-leasing-plan

I am sort of surprised it isn't a requirement or somehow built into the price/an option like T-Mobile Jump..

They don't include it so the ridiculously cheap price stands out.  And then the a la carte of adding it seems like not too bad of an addition and necessary.  $50 gets them in the door.  The insurance is an easy upsale at that point.

• Like 4

They don't include it so the ridiculously cheap price stands out. And then the a la carte of adding it seems like not too bad of an addition and necessary. $50 gets them in the door. The insurance is an easy upsale at that point.

My TEP (insurance) rate is perfect this month new customers on the new plans. All you say i have to say is" if you break this (insert phone) in the parking lot in 10 minutes you still owe the $650 you financed and you will have to pay it off before we will finance another phone. But with our TEP we will fix or replace it for free in most cases or worst case $150 deductible which is a lot better than paying 650 twice."

• Like 7

http://recode.net/2014/09/10/sprint-ceo-marcelo-claure-on-how-he-plans-to-turn-things-around/

I guess things are turning around for Sprint. According to Marcelo, Sprint has been adding more customers than they are losing now!! this is so great but the only thing I don't agree 100% with is him saying they are done with NV. I am hoping he was referring to the foundation on it. Other than that 3Q and 4Q should look nice! 

• Like 2

http://recode.net/2014/09/10/sprint-ceo-marcelo-claure-on-how-he-plans-to-turn-things-around/

I guess things are turning around for Sprint. According to Marcelo, Sprint has been adding more customers than they are losing now!! this is so great but the only thing I don't agree 100% with is him saying they are done with NV. I am hoping he was referring to the foundation on it. Other than that 3Q and 4Q should look nice! 

Washington DC market would disagree with him on being done with NV as it has yet to launch.

Including GMO's, Network Vision is substantially complete. They still are working on GMO conversion, some problematic legacy sites, and of course...lots of backhaul for LTE.

• Like 5

I sort of disagree with both of your points here. The first is Marcelo didn't say they are adding more customers than they are losing.

Well, as a sign of progress, new CEO Marcelo Claure points to the fact that, on a couple of days in recent weeks, it has actually gained more customers from rivals than it lost. Though there have been more days where the reverse is true, the few positive days are the first the company has seen in many, many months.

The second is as Robert posted, NV 1.0 is substantially completed. Approximately 95% of Sprint's sites have been upgraded to the new NV base stations. Obviously backhaul is lagging in many places for LTE.

But when Marcelo says in the article:

“We’re done with Network Vision, which was a pretty painful experience, as everyone knows,” Claure said. “We underestimated what it means to rip [out] and replace a network.”

That statement is largely accurate. Other than problem sites, by-and-large Sprint is done with the rip and replacement of their entire network.

Washington DC market would disagree with him on being done with NV as it has yet to launch.

This comes down to how you want to define NV 1.0. If you define it as new base stations and equipment, the DC market is 90%+ complete. Furthermore, "launched" is marketing term. It isn't an actual indicator of deployment status for LTE in a market. Based on Sprint's original marketing percentages for sites completed/Pops covered in "launching" a market, D.C. is basically there.

• Like 4

The Sprint maps and press release would have to argue with you there. DC launched on Tuesday.

Sent from my LG G3

Wow, I am not sure how I missed the announcement.  I was just looking at the map on Monday and remember being bummed by the little progress in actual DC of late.  I have a lot of my users in DC and was hoping for more 800 voice coverage by now.  The 1900 signal just does not penetrate those old buildings very well.

No potential customer cares about NV equipment being installed or not, they care about LTE coverage or not. They don't care if the slow 3G network sucks a little less because NV equipment is installed, the bar is 'is there good 4G' coverage.'

• Like 3

No potential customer cares about NV equipment being installed or not, they care about LTE coverage or not. They don't care if the slow 3G network sucks a little less because NV equipment is installed, the bar is 'is there good 4G' coverage.'

Agreed. Nobody cares about what they had to do or are doing. Sprint on Twitter is always saying "what is your nearest cross streets and zip code". They need to get beyond that. They are getting there for sure. I really hope they get these lte sites fired up ASAP. People should have solid Lte on I-95 through Baltimore (one of the first Lte markets). They are almost there, but that is the experience new customers will have today. You can't win back customers once they give you a second chance.

I'm very happy with Sprint for my needs. I'm looking forward to lte being completed.

Anyone know the lease prices of the iPhone other than the $20 for the 6?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

Agreed. Nobody cares about what they had to do or are doing. Sprint on Twitter is always saying "what is your nearest cross streets and zip code". They need to get beyond that. They are getting there for sure. I really hope they get these lte sites fired up ASAP. People should have solid Lte on I-95 through Baltimore (one of the first Lte markets). They are almost there, but that is the experience new customers will have today. You can't win back customers once they give you a second chance.

I'm very happy with Sprint for my needs. I'm looking forward to lte being completed.

Anyone know the lease prices of the iPhone other than the $20 for the 6?

Eh, nevermind lol

"the network is our product. I appluad my predecessor for his plan to rip and replace the entire network. We are accelerating our 800 LTE deployment and our 2.5 deployment (covers 60mil pops). I monitor the network every single day."-Claure

• Like 1