Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I love this image of Marcelo.  He looks like he just got out of bed.  That's how dedicated he is.  He gets out of bed and charges right into Sprint and starts kicking butt.   :hah:

Perhaps he slept at the office...

• Like 2

I believe the list is the second round of B41 prioritization he was speaking about. At least I hope he is. I interpreted his comments to mean he was going to pick a threshold of pass/fail and say all sites that have LTE performance worse than this must make B41 8T8R addition a priority...no matter what market it's in.

And then I believe he is saying that his second strategy was to focus on wide 8T8R deployments in specific targeted suffering markets. And then after these, it is assumed they will go back and get all the rest.

As long as the message is...we are adding B41 capacity in every market at the sites that need it most. Even in your city, as needed. And then here are the other cities we are also focusing on a full 8T8R deployment also now. And keep adding to that list as needed.

I'd take the network.sprint.com map and show the highest usage sites that are identified as needing B41 ASAP. And I'd show the status. Planning, permitting, in progress, testing and complete. Mark them red. People would eat that up. But keep the information flowing consistently and show progress everywhere. If there are whole markets not showing B41 8T8R action, then those markets would be ripe for the competition to start pointing out that Sprint is ignoring that city and switch to them.

I am a little disturbed by the "we don't need to blanket the country with 2.5" comments. They do! That is there competitive advantage. They not only need to blanket the country with 2.5 but make sure that in building penatration is excellent in order for Sprint to become a top competitor.

I am a little disturbed by the "we don't need to blanket the country with 2.5" comments. They do! That is there competitive advantage. They not only need to blanket the country with 2.5 but make sure that in building penatration is excellent in order for Sprint to become a top competitor.

They are doing both. There just has to be an order. He is reshuffling the order. We have a good write up about it on The Wall.

• Like 1

They are doing both. There just has to be an order. He is reshuffling the order. We have a good write up about it on The Wall.

I haven't read the write up but I will. I didn't interporate his comments that way though and in conjunction with with saw's comments about smart deployments on the last quarterly call I think Sprint might be taking a less ubiquitous 2.5 strategy.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here is more crap coming from Angry Johnny, and more Magenta love coming from the media...

T-Mobile CEO on passing Sprint: 'Put a fork in it. They're done'

http://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-ceo-on-passing-sprint-put-a-fork-in-it-theyre-done/ '> http://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-ceo-on-passing-sprint-put-a-fork-in-it-theyre-done/

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here is more crap coming from Angry Johnny, and more Magenta love coming from the media...

http://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-ceo-on-passing-sprint-put-a-fork-in-it-theyre-done/ '> http://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-ceo-on-passing-sprint-put-a-fork-in-it-theyre-done/

I'm pretty sure Roger Cheng from CNET has a man crush on Johnny. He is ALWAYS tweeting how awesome tmobile is.

• Like 2

Johnny is correct, iPhone 4life is a 2 year contract scam ...

... Except that you don't pay anything up front, pay less for hardware, oh and the service plan is also less (buy about 35 bucks) than a contract price.

So yeah :-/

• Like 6

... Except that you don't pay anything up front, pay less for hardware, oh and the service plan is also less (buy about 35 bucks) than a contract price.

People that go for the iPhone for life plan are the same people who lease a new car every 2 years.

• Like 4

Sorry if already discussed, but any idea on what the 3-5 cities with denser Spark coverage will be?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-11/sprint-to-focus-denser-spark-coverage-on-3-to-5-initial-cities.html?cmpid=msnmoney

I'm hoping Houston will be one of those cities.  Houston is already further along than most other cities with b26 and b41, and since Sprint doesn't have enough spectrum to add a second pcs LTE carrier it would be a great way to alleviate congestion.

It sure is. Apple is pushing subsidies and contracts because their products are expensive. That puts T-Mobile at a disadvantage because they were pushing the non subsidy model. So yeah, he's freaking about that now. Especially since he was hoping to be able to pick off iPhone customers over the next two years too from the others without having to keep paying off ETF's. But he's going to have to keep funding ETF's if they are locked into contracts.

It may still work out fine for Tmo and the new iPhone. Because his financing plans are pretty much the same as a subsidy and removing ability of mobility while people are making payments. But until it's proven it's worked out for Lame Johnny, he is going to strike out like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum.

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure Roger Cheng from CNET has a man crush on Johnny. He is ALWAYS tweeting how awesome tmobile is.

A tool writing about a tool. How cute.

e5d252d3508e7117356ed85b56870213425750d_

• Like 4

It sure is. Apple is pushing subsidies and contracts because their products are expensive. That puts T-Mobile at a disadvantage because they were pushing the non subsidy model. So yeah, he's freaking about that now. Especially since he was hoping to be able to pick off iPhone customers over the next two years too from the others without having to keep paying off ETF's. But he's going to have to keep funding ETF's if they are locked into contracts.

It may still work out fine for Tmo and the new iPhone. Because his financing plans are pretty much the same as a subsidy and removing ability of mobility while people are making payments. But until it's proven it's worked out for Lame Johnny, he is going to strike out like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum.

I guess I don't see the bad side, unless you planned on keeping the same device for 3 or more years. Or enjoy selling phones on the side.

I could see if the plan price was same as contract. But its less than easy pay.

My. Only down side I'd have to wait for the iPhone 7.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

I guess I don't see the bad side, unless you planned on keeping the same device for 3 or more years. Or enjoy selling phones on the side.

I could see if the plan price was same as contract. But its less than easy pay.

My. Only down side I'd have to wait for the iPhone 7.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Apple is pushing contracts. Tmo is pushing no contracts. Conflict. Johnny is anxious and lashing out. Simple.

• Like 7

I meant, what's the down side of iPhone 4 life lease?

Curious not antagonistic.

I wasn't commenting about the iPhone 4 life. That's just a plan that may or may not work out for people. My comments were about Pinko Johnny's tantrum in the link up above.

• Like 1

I wasn't commenting about the iPhone 4 life. That's just a plan that may or may not work out for people. My comments were about Pinko Johnny's tantrum in the link up above.

Ahhhh my apologies...

Yeah I assume his myopic approach is getting closer to being in focus for what it really was. A lemon.

• Like 1

I meant, what's the down side of iPhone 4 life lease?

Curious not antagonistic.

There isn't one. You just have to wait 2 years for an upgrade. Period end. If I was thinking about joining sprint (as a new customer) I would do that deal in a heart beat. I get a new phone every 2 years anyways so I honestly don't care. People rent/lease cars, rent apartments, rent homes, rent furniture, rent televisions....all of it is going to need to be returned eventually. What's the big deal about doing it with a phone, ESPECIALLY if you are a usual 2 year upgrade type of person and don't mind sticking to it. 

• Like 2

Boy John is pressed for that number 3 spot badly. And even if he does it won't be by much. I think what a lot of tmo fans don't realize is that john won't be there long. He was put in that position to make tmo look attractive for a buyer. Now I'm sure if they do get bought out john probably won't be CEO. He has completed his mission that he was set out to do.

• Like 3

If you definitely would wait two years for a new phone, and are OK with the insurance upgrade, then the iPhone4life program seems to be a good fit for a lot of people.

I have too short of an attention span to commit to a device that long. I must try them all! I must try them all! However, my work iPhone 4s is sure starting to cramp my style!

• Like 5

If you definitely would wait two years for a new phone, and are OK with the insurance upgrade, then the iPhone4life program seems to be a good fit for a lot of people.

I have too short of an attention span to commit to a device that long. I must try them all! I must try them all! However, my work iPhone 4s is sure starting to cramp my style!

The 4s is going to be horrid running iOS 8. Time for an upgrade!

• Like 3

Boy John is pressed for that number 3 spot badly. And even if he does it won't be by much. I think what a lot of tmo fans don't realize is that john won't be there long. He was put in that position to make tmo look attractive for a buyer. Now I'm sure if they do get bought out john probably won't be CEO. He has completed his mission that he was set out to do.

And I am willing to bet that he can see that the goal post is now starting to move further away. An out of no where purchase of USCC would really make it worse and ruin his day (just sayin').

I really hope Dish buys TMO. After Charlie kicks out Johnny will the fanbois start slobbering over Charlie or will they just rage quit. I want to find out, I want to watch that train wreck.

• Like 4