Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I wonder what Sprint's Q3 Earnings is going to look like in terms of subscriber growth and such. I'm thinking they're doing well for the first time in a while.

Only cautionary tale is "we" could enter magenta territory on the P&L scale. Which honestly is needed to boost subs short term.
  • Like 3

Seems like sprint found a way to attract customers, lower the ul plan and bring back/rename contracts! Then top it off... The get the devices back!...

Hopefully they start doing this for all phones now.. Let's see what the "others" offer!

I like though.. Gives you something to feel good about as this is a "first" wonder what jl will say...

• Like 1

Well at the Sprint store today I saw several 4+ line switch overs. The manager on duty said they have been getting a lot of large groups moving over with the new share plans. I think they may be gaining sub's this quarter!

• Like 4

Well at the Sprint store today I saw several 4+ line switch overs. The manager on duty said they have been getting a lot of large groups moving over with the new share plans. I think they may be gaining sub's this quarter!

Same. With the new plans and free tablet offer hopefully sprint posts a good healthy subscriber gain.

I think Sprint should continue the promotion (contract buy out and waived access fee) until the end of the year

• Like 2

The share plan must really be attracting those Verizon and AT&T customers like crazy.

Half the reps in my store are at our monthly activation quotas and today is the 9th... this last weekend was insane. Every person i pulled out of que seemed to be from them and interested in info or ready to switch over.
  • Like 12

Can you spot Marcelo?

anvJ4HW.png

No, here is a greater challenge. Can you spot a middle age white guy?

AJ

• Like 4

Interesting Marcelo article: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-09/sprint-s-iphone-for-life-plan-lets-users-upgrade-every-2-years.html

During the interview yesterday, Claure was interrupted by another call from Son, Sprint’s chairman. He promised to call back. While the two clearly communicate frequently, Claure said Son hadn’t signed off on Sprint’s new subscription plans.

“He trusts me -- I hope,” he said.

• Like 4

I think for Masa, image is everything. He'd rather have momentum and an improving image and lose some money, than to be a loser and lose money. At least there is hope and a chance with the former, and none with the latter.

Take some chances, shake things up. Move forward. Take a few jabs, but charge forward like a rabid moose!

• Like 7

I think for Masa, image is everything. He'd rather have momentum and an improving image and lose some money, than to be a loser and lose money. At least there is hope and a chance with the former, and none with the latter. Take some chances, shake things up. Move forward. Take a few jabs, but charge forward like a rabid moose!

He lost 1 billion each year, for 4 years in Japan. I think he's okay with this risk, especially if it brings new customers...which it will.

He lost 1 billion each year, for 4 years in Japan. I think he's okay with this risk, especially if it brings new customers...which it will.

Yes, exactly. He will spend money to improve subscriber numbers and move forward. But spending money to get even further behind will not cut it with Masa. Spend money to win! We will call this SM2W...the Masa acronym.
  • Like 1

Exactly. Its not like he cant afford it. Starve the flamingo and steal some better credit customers from the duopoly. Now I just need some rural carrier coverage realization

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think for Masa, image is everything.

AJ

Has anyone found the T&C for the iPhone for life plan? How much will you end up owing Sprint if you get to the end of 24 months and your device is lost/stolen/broken?

I don't think it's out yet. Maybe they are waiting for T-Mobile's move (which is at 4pm EST today)?

I'm really digging the lease options (only for Apple devices, don't think it'd work as well for Android devices).