Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

A quick counterpoint: Depending on the plans the new customers come from this will probably still be a benefit to margin/ARPU especially seeing how popular phone leasing is with new customers. If you are talking about margins etc then truthfully it is the legacy SERO/Framily plans that drive that down. I agree that it could have been a bigger deal but, still, half off even T-Mobile plans is actually a really huge savings for many people and the sad truth is that these types of moves are what Sprint has to do to gain goodwill back from people. They've had a terrible network for too long to simply issue press releases saying "The network is great now, really!" and they have to rely on the value proposition until they are considered a real option to people.

T-Mobile has made that transition and Sprint can as well.

counter counter point, T mobile offers binge on and music freedom so you could cut your plan on t mobile in half and stream all day long, plus data stash, sprint does not match any of that.   Not that im a t mobile fan, im just saying the fine print on this deal is huge.... and if people switch and think they are getting an exact match at half the price they will be mad when they discover video and music count now, but on t mobile it did not.  That is something most consumers will not understand... or look into.

• Like 1

counter counter point, T mobile offers binge on and music freedom so you could cut your plan on t mobile in half and stream all day long, plus data stash, sprint does not match any of that.   Not that im a t mobile fan, im just saying the fine print on this deal is huge.... and if people switch and think they are getting an exact match at half the price they will be mad when they discover video and music count now, but on t mobile it did not.  That is something most consumers will not understand... or look into.

Absolutely true. 

• Like 1

Another confusing promotion.

So simple a 7 year old can explain it?

**Monthly charges exclude taxes & Sprint Surcharges [incl. USF charge of up to 16.7% (varies quarterly), up to $2.50 Admin. & 40¢ Reg. /line/mo.) & fees by area (approx. 5–20%)]. Surcharges are not taxes. See sprint.com/taxesandfees.

Activ. Fee:$36/line. Plans:Offer ends 01/07/2016. Savings through 01/08/2018. Req valid port from AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile active wireless line to consumer account. Plan includes unlimited domestic calling and texting and unlimited int’l texting. Select add’l int'l svcs are included. See sprint.com/globalroaming. Max of 10 phone/tablet/MBB lines and one data share group per account. At least one phone req. Subsidized devices incur an add’l $25/mo charge. Plans exclude unlimited music and video streaming, data carryover, tethering and cloud options that other carrier plans may offer. Data:High-speed data is access to 3G/4G data speeds. Includes on-network data allowance amount as determined by competitor plan and 100MB off-network data usage. Third-party content/downloads are add’l charge. Mobile Hotspot usage pulls from your shared data and off-network allowances. Discount Exclusions:Discount does not apply to certain charges such as taxes, surcharges, add-ons, apps, premium content, int’l svcs, devices, partial charges or add’l lines. Add a Line:Add a line at any time up to the max number of lines and get promotional pricing until 01/08/2018.Usage Limitations:To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100MB or a majority of KB. Prohibited network use rules apply—see sprint.com/termsandconditions. T-Mobile plan:Discount offer limited to T-Mobile’s advertised Simple Choice rate plan prices as of 11/16/15 for 2GB, 6GB and 10GB for non-discounted handsets only; tablet and MBB rate plans excluded. T-Mobile unlimited data rate plan excluded. Data is not shared among multiple lines. After high-speed data allotment is used, speeds will be reduced to 2G speeds (up to 128kbps) until the end of your bill cycle. Add'l on-network high-speed data allowance may be purchased at $15/GB. Verizon plan:Discount offer limited to Verizon’s advertised shared data rate plans as of 11/16/15 for 1GB, 3GB, 6GB, 12GB, 18GB, 20GB, and 25GB for non-discounted handsets, tablets and MBB devices. After high-speed data allotment is used, per kb overage fee applies (1.5 cents/megabyte). Tablet and MBB usage pulls from shared data allotment. AT&T plan:Discount offer limited to AT&T’s advertised shared data rate plans as of 11/16/15 for 300MB, 2GB, 5GB, 15GB, 20GB and 25GB for non-discounted handsets, tablets and MBB devices. After high-speed data allotment is used, per kb overage fee applies (1.5 cents/megabyte). Tablet and MBB usage pulls from shared data allotment. Sprint Easy Pay:Req monthly installment agreement, 0% APR, & qualifying device & service plan. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due. Lease:Req qualifying device & service plan. No equipment security deposit. Customer is responsible for insurance and repairs. Early termination of lease/service: Remaining lease payments will be due immediately, and requires device return or payment of purchase option device price in lease. Contract Buy Out Offer:Max payment of $650 based on ETF (early termination fee) charged or remaining phone balance. Req active wireless phone line port from other carrier to Sprint; remain active, in good standing & turn in of working phone tied to phone balance or ETF submitted or be charged up to amount of the Reward Card. Register & submit final bill w/ ETF or phone balance within 60 days of switching at sprint.com/joinsprint. Allow 15 days after registration approval for Reward Card arrival. Excludes discounted phones, 100+ Corporate-liable, prepaid & ports made between Sprint or related entities. Device Turn-In: Phone must be deactivated & all personal data deleted. Phone will not be returned. No cash back. Not eligible for Sprint Buyback Program. If competitive device is not turned in within 30 days from activation, a non-return phone charge equal to the amount of the Reward Card provided to you. Reward Card:Terms & conditions apply to Reward Cards. See Cardholder Agreement or visit www.americanexpress.com/sprint for details. Subject to applicable law, a $3/mo service fee applies beginning in the 7th month after Card issuance. Card is issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation. American Express is not the sponsor of this promotion. Sprint Global Roaming:Requires capable phone and eligible domestic service plan with primary usage in the U.S. Includes voice calls at 20¢/minute in select countries, text messaging (not picture or video) and data in select countries on GSM/GPRS networks only, see sprint.com/internationalroaming.Not for extended int’l use; primary usage must occur on our U.S. network.Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Premium-rate numbers not included. May not be combinable with other int’l data add-ons or offers. No tethering. Sprint reserves the right to change or discontinue offer at any time. Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee:To qualify, call us to deactivate & return to place of purchase w/ complete, undamaged phone/device & receipt within 14 days of activation. You pay for actual usage charges (monthly svc charges, taxes, Sprint surcharges, etc.). We’ll refund your phone/device cost. Activation fee will be refunded if returned within 3 days of activation. Sprint dealer may impose add’l fees. A $35 restocking fee may apply. Visit sprint.com/returns. Other Terms:Offers and coverage not available everywhere or for all phones/networks. May not be combined with other offers. No add’l discounts apply. Sprint reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time. Restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details.

Really, I'd love to see a 7 year old explain that fine print.

It's funny that he tweets no gimmicks or tricks yet that fine print seems full of gimmicks and tricks.

• $36/line activation
  • Savings through 1/8/2018??? Then what?
  • Subsidized devices incur add'l 25/mo charge???
  • Won't match services offered by other carriers, such as tethering?
  • Mobile hotspot usage pulls from your shared data and off-network allowances (100mb?)
  • Discount does not apply to additional lines?
  • T-Mobile plans only include simple choice 2GB/6GB and 10GB on non-discounted handsets only?
  • Will not price-match T-Mobile unlimited
  • Data is not shared among lines?
  • After undefined high-speed data allotment is used, speeds are 2G?
  • T-Mobile additional data is 15/GB
  • Verizon is 1/3/6/12/18/20/25GB plan only and is 1.5cents/MB overages
  • AT&T is 300/2GB/5GB/15GB/20GB/25GB 1.5cents/MB
  • Turn in working phone tied to balance?
  • Excludes discounted phones? That's most of T-Mob?
  • Phone must be deactivated?
  • Like 5

I can't find any info on this besides that, can you or anyone else?  The link in the tweet is to the cut your rate in half video.

Nope. I can't find anything except Marcelo's tweet. With the "while supplies last" caveat, it wouldn't surprise me if it's some Black Friday doorbuster deal with 5 per store or something like that.

• Like 1

They probably have a warehouse full of some crap tablet they need to unload.  I mean, a free tablet for a year is a cool deal, but really does not get a lot of people excited. But I am sure it will pad the new activation numbers.

i don't know about you but im sick of the "free tablet" game, they are normally bottom of the barrel crap tablets....

• Like 1

Is this tablet the free year of service?  I'd rather add another line to my ED 1500 and get another free year for it, or renew the free year promo on the line I added last year.

This.  As somebody still on Framily, give me a reason to move to a share plan.  Maybe wave access fees or something to that effect.  I would be willing to pay more money overall, but right now to move to a decent new plan I would have to almost double my bill. 

• Like 2

I would have been happier if they just announced LTE Plus and that for now there will be no activation fees.  Activation fees are literally the easiest way to increasing satisfaction.  Why should I have to pay $36 if I buy a phone outright for the privilege of you providing me service?  I understand there being a fee for buying the SIM card or porting your number, but the $36 for current customers should be waived.

• Like 4

One year of free service includes either the $15 1GB plan or $10 Family Share Pack access. Must remain in good standing and have one active phone line of service. Free tablet is the Alcatel ONETOUCH PIXI™ 7. Limited supply.

Yawn...Pass.

• Like 2

"One year of free service includes either the $15 1GB plan or $10 Family Share Pack access. Must remain in good standing and have one active phone line of service. Free tablet is the Alcatel ONETOUCH PIXI™ 7. Limited supply."

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12064

So after 2 years the tablet will cost you either $ 180 or $120 for one year of service and then you can cancel

• Like 1