Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yawn...Pass.

Welp, so much for that. This is more of a ploy to get more tablet activations than a current customer promo. As echoed by others in this thread, Sprint should try to figure out a way to get people off Framily and onto Family Share.

• Like 1

WOW a  Alcatel ONETOUCH PIXI™ 7.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Alcatel-OneTouch-Pixi-7-hands-on-Android-tablet-on-the-cheap_id52922

"Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 7 hands-on: Android tablet on the cheap"

"There’s nothing flattering about the Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 7 from what we can see at the moment"

"Low end specs are expected for a device like this, so don’t expect anything sharp looking with this one."

"Cheap means cheap, so it’s not a shocker that it’s powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor with 512MB RAM. Due to its pre-production nature, we see some heavy performance glitches right away – again, it’s not something all that unexpected."

"Usually, affordable Android tablets omit cameras, so it’s to our amazement that this one is outfitted with not one, but TWO cameras. Don’t hold your breath, though, seeing that they’re measly sized 0.3-megapixel ones – front and back!"

so that for free i am amusing you need to pay for activation and service for the "free tablet" 

• Like 2

1734c0a9ff2c742aa025f24207421ee5.jpg

I forgot "Extended Range LTE" which is T-Mobile yelling and screaming they have low band like the other big boys too. But yeah, if you call out Sprint for it, you better include the rest of the US mobile industry.

• Like 6

So they spent long hours doing this?? Well someone will bite on this offer. From Verizon and AT&T but with T-Mobile not so much due to the free streaming of video and music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"One year of free service includes either the $15 1GB plan or $10 Family Share Pack access. Must remain in good standing and have one active phone line of service. Free tablet is the Alcatel ONETOUCH PIXI™ 7. Limited supply."

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12064

So after 2 years the tablet will cost you either $ 180 or $120 for one year of service and then you can cancel

I would have liked to see bring or buy your own tablet and we will give you free service for the fist year and you can finance it... im in the market for an ipad pro ( :

• Like 2

While still not great (and still not worth paying for a year of service on it), some of the specs listed for the Pixi 7 on Sprint's site are slightly better than what Phone Arena reported

Memory

8GB ROM / 1GB RAM *MicroSD card slot supports up to 32GB

Processor

1.1 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm® Smapdragon™ processor

• Like 1

If the tablet deal were for an iPad Mini, even one of the older models, I think I'd be way more excited.

they were giving out ipad mini 2's for free with 2 year contracts for awhile for business lines. I was very upset it ended when I went to go take advantage of it.

• Like 1

The more I think about the tablet deal, the less sense it makes. Take our free crap tablet and get a year of service free. Want a better tablet and willing to pay for it? No service promo for you. Come on Marcelo.

• Like 4

While still not great (and still not worth paying for a year of service on it), some of the specs listed for the Pixi 7 on Sprint's site are slightly better than what Phone Arena reported

Memory

8GB ROM / 1GB RAM *MicroSD card slot supports up to 32GB

Processor

1.1 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm® Smapdragon™ processor

Thanks for correcting that, they could have updated the tablet but not the name that isn't uncommon for cheap tablets like this one. 

I think that Sprint should have made a hyped up announcement about this LTE plus instead. They could have made a video about it from various cities doing comparison speed test showing how fast sprint is compared to the competition. Also, speaking how sprint is getting better, stronger and faster by the day.

He has the screenshots of people busting out atleast 80mbps.

• Like 2

One thing that could have made the tablet offer a little more appealing and tied into the half-off theme of the port-in announcmeent would be to give a year of free service and half-off service for the second year (so $7.50 or $5 instead of $15/10).

The more I think about the tablet deal, the less sense it makes. Take our free crap tablet and get a year of service free. Want a better tablet and willing to pay for it? No service promo for you. Come on Marcelo.

yeah it doesn't make sense, buy a geed tablet get nothing for free, take our crap tablet free year... I wonder if you could get the crap tablet and transfer the service to a good one on a easy pay from sprint, that would probably incur a penalty. 

This plan looks attractive if I port to T-Mobile and back to Sprint at either $32.50/6gb or $40/10gb.  But that's too much of a hassle.

The free tablet for existing customers - who thought that was a good idea?  If you take something that no one wants, and make it free, it's still something people don't want.

• Like 5

yeah it doesn't make sense, buy a geed tablet get nothing for free, take our crap tablet free year... I wonder if you could get the crap tablet and transfer the service to a good one on a easy pay from sprint, that would probably incur a penalty.

In order to do that, you'd have to pay the etf to get your upgrade eligibility reset.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just noticed that the iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2 are back up on the store page. I think I checked yesterday and none of them were there. All sizes available. I would say maybe they will have new data plans to announces later but they included the old data plan in the free tablet offer :(

• Like 2