Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

If they waive acces fees a lot of bills get cut in half.

Did anyone see in the sprint press release the mention of integrating wifi and wireless seamlessly?

Good question I am curious as well.

"It’s also the foundation on which we will roll out more LTE Advanced capabilities such as 3/4/5-channel carrier aggregation, higher order MIMO and more advanced beamforming, seamless WiFi integration and more."

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

This is gonna be something to make JL comment

If lte plus is in 77 markets why not do something crazy the week before Black Friday??? Start the xmas season with a bang!

Put sprint back on the map for good!

This is their time!!!

If it really is going to be the biggest offer in U.S. Wireless history, as one of the promo videos claims, then to contrast it with two big plans from the past I'm aware of. One being from T-Mobile for legacy customers getting unlimited everything for $45 monthly, and the other being from Sprint at the Framily 7 to 10 line rate of $45 monthly.

So, if Sprint means they are going to have the biggest deal in U.S. wireless history, the price has got to be $45 monthly for new customers and existing customers who want to switch to it, for unlimited everything. Considering Sprint recently raised the unlimited pricing plan rate to $70 monthly, I'd think a $45 monthly rate would have to come with some sort of stipulation, such as a speed cap.

I'm not sure what else really could be done, other than unlimited unrestrictive video watching, but then I'd much rather the $45 monthly unlimited be implemented instead.

One other thought I just had if Sprint really wanted to make a huge move on things tomorrow, in regards to pricing.

Recently, Verizon announced a $30 no data plan. Sprint has made some hints to "half", which could indicate Sprint unveiling a $15 monthly starter plan with no data, then allow people to add data to it, similar to what I've been proposing for quite some time.

If Sprint did this, then it will be interesting what the per gb would be. If they charge at $1.50 per gb, it could be used as a major reflective discount in contrast to the $15 per gb rate the other carriers charge. That would make the whole thing a massively amazing deal, though a bit unrealistic at that low of rate.

Still, if Sprint is serious at countering T-Mobile's "move" from last week, then this would do it, without the strain of unlimited video.

Marcelo hitting Twitter hard today. ????????????????????????????????

I've always wished Sprint would hype more and do more to promote announcements. Not like that stupid hype they did for that Sharp Phone back when Marcelo was taking over. Talk about let down.

• Like 3

I'm definitely going to check and see what the new plans are tomorrow. If they match or are around the kind of deal I was hoping to get on the ED line that doesn't seem to be happening anymore, then I'll consider going to Sprint. Otherwise I'm heading over to Verizon and getting the 18gb plan in the meantime until Verizon gets the holiday promos available. I'll get the Droid Turbo 2 and the Lifeproof Fre case with it, if I go with Verizon.

Either way, it'll be great leaving T-Mohell.

• Like 2

i thought the CFO was quoted in the past week or so saying no new lower priced plans.... 

half is key here... and for existing customers - which also seams like no new plans.  

half.... half the time to upgrade? which would tie into leasing deal mentioned above maybe.   half off leasing if you keep the device the full term?  

i thought the CFO was quoted in the past week or so saying no new lower priced plans....

half is key here... and for existing customers - which also seams like no new plans.

half.... half the time to upgrade? which would tie into leasing deal mentioned above maybe. half off leasing if you keep the device the full term?

I saw the article today not quite sure online. But it did say that there wasn't going to lower their prices because they are competitive where they currently stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All I know is that with all of this sizzle that he's selling there'd better be some serious steak served up tomorrow or else the tech media is going to (happily) eviscerate him and the company, figuratively speaking.

• Like 12

In other news I engaged that troll Cortez and my reward was a warning from the howardforums.com moderator. So they allow the magentans to flood the sprint subforum without consequences, but if you try contra attack the trolls you get a warning then banned gotcha.

• Like 2