Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Our network is faster and more reliable than ever before. To celebrate, we’re launching the biggest offer in US wireless history this Friday.

Starting November 20

phone_2x.png

Bring your number to Sprint.

save50_2x.png

on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile plans.

save650_2x.png

per line to pay your switching fees.

Via reward card. Requires phone trade-in.

• Like 2

Emph. Looks a cut your bill in half thing. Nothing to see here

The media will dog Sprint out beyond measure today and for the rest of the week. [emoji706]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Half off t-mobile is actually pretty damned good. Sprint knows many of the value seekers are on T-Mobile and so this may be a really good way to bring people back to Sprint. I'll be talking to my sister (who uses T-mobile) about this for sure. I am sure there will be a followup for current customers but this is still not a disappointment to me.

Half off anyone's plans is still a fantastic deal.

• Like 8

RIP Sprint. :( No one will ever pay attention to your "big announcements" ever again. I am disappointed that they seemingly have no knowledge of what resonates as a big deal with consumers.

Half Off T-Mobile and $650 payoff seems like a big deal to me. 

• Like 4

Half off....including T-Mobile this time!

Yes, but what about current customers?  You know the ones that stuck it out with a sub-par network?  This was billed as something major, and sorry but this is the second HUGE letdown that Marcelo has pulled out of his hat during his time as CEO.  The first one required a letter from S4GRU users to change!  Sorry, but I was expecting major changes today.  You know changes that would have lived up the the HYPE!

• Like 5

Half off t-mobile is actually pretty damned good. Sprint knows many of the value seekers are on T-Mobile and so this may be a really good way to bring people back to Sprint. I'll be talking to my sister (who uses T-mobile) about this for sure.

It is indeed a good deal. But it is not, however, big news. Consumers still believe they are sacrificing quite a bit by moving to Sprint from another Big 4 carrier. Sprint must address this perception. Secondly, Sprint has made a big deal of protecting (nay, growing) margins....and yet they come out with something like this?

A wiser strategy would have been to bundle things that have merely an incremental effect on the bottom line (more hot-spot data, a beefier global roaming deal that is automatically bundled with each plan) rather than something so costly. Marketing emphasis could have also been placed on the $25.00 difference in price that already exists between T-Mobile's unlimited plan and Sprint's. SMH

I love Sprint. I love what they're doing with their network. I just think they underestimate consumers.

• Like 5

I second this. He mentioned something on twitter that there was.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

He did!  Just yesterday he was saying even current customers will love it!  I thought it would have been something not he device side!  I don't care about the rate plans.  I am fine with mine, but all the hype for this?!  A) it is not revolutionary, B) will decrease ARPU, C) it won't be enough to change a name that is badly damaged and may in fact make the name worse as people say "that was the hype"?

• Like 1

Yes, but what about current customers? You know the ones that stuck it out with a sub-par network? This was billed as something major, and sorry but this is the second HUGE letdown that Marcelo has pulled out of his hat during his time as CEO. The first one required a letter from S4GRU users to change! Sorry, but I was expecting major changes today. You know changes that would have lived up the the HYPE!

The countdown started 2 days ago. If it was a huge event, I bet it would've been planned a lot earlier. I do agree that the hype was unwarranted, but it should be a given that any Sprint announcement is over-hyped.

EDIT: Shows that the savings are there until 2018. I guess they're estimating price increases by then.

• Like 1

He did!  Just yesterday he was saying even current customers will love it!  I thought it would have been something not he device side!  I don't care about the rate plans.  I am fine with mine, but all the hype for this?!  A) it is not revolutionary, B) will decrease ARPU, C) it won't be enough to change a name that is badly damaged and may in fact make the name worse as people say "that was the hype"?

Maybe we wait for the conference call before everybody freaks out.

• Like 1

WOW look at all that fine print, no wonder they worked nights and weekends....

"**Monthly charges exclude taxes & Sprint Surcharges [incl. USF charge of up to 16.7% (varies quarterly), up to $2.50 Admin. & 40¢ Reg. /line/mo.) & fees by area (approx. 5–20%)]. Surcharges are not taxes. See sprint.com/taxesandfees.

Activ. Fee:$36/line. Plans:Offer ends 01/07/2016. Savings through 01/08/2018. Req valid port from AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile active wireless line to consumer account. Plan includes unlimited domestic calling and texting and unlimited int’l texting. Select add’l int'l svcs are included. See sprint.com/globalroaming. Max of 10 phone/tablet/MBB lines and one data share group per account. At least one phone req. Subsidized devices incur an add’l $25/mo charge. Plans exclude unlimited music and video streaming, data carryover, tethering and cloud options that other carrier plans may offer. Data:High-speed data is access to 3G/4G data speeds. Includes on-network data allowance amount as determined by competitor plan and 100MB off-network data usage. Third-party content/downloads are add’l charge. Mobile Hotspot usage pulls from your shared data and off-network allowances. Discount Exclusions:Discount does not apply to certain charges such as taxes, surcharges, add-ons, apps, premium content, int’l svcs, devices, partial charges or add’l lines. Add a Line:Add a line at any time up to the max number of lines and get promotional pricing until 01/08/2018. Usage Limitations:To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100MB or a majority of KB. Prohibited network use rules apply—see sprint.com/termsandconditions. T-Mobile plan:Discount offer limited to T-Mobile’s advertised Simple Choice rate plan prices as of 11/16/15 for 2GB, 6GB and 10GB for non-discounted handsets only; tablet and MBB rate plans excluded. T-Mobile unlimited data rate plan excluded. Data is not shared among multiple lines. After high-speed data allotment is used, speeds will be reduced to 2G speeds (up to 128kbps) until the end of your bill cycle. Add'l on-network high-speed data allowance may be purchased at $15/GB.Verizon plan:Discount offer limited to Verizon’s advertised shared data rate plans as of 11/16/15 for 1GB, 3GB, 6GB, 12GB, 18GB, 20GB, and 25GB for non-discounted handsets, tablets and MBB devices. After high-speed data allotment is used, per kb overage fee applies (1.5 cents/megabyte). Tablet and MBB usage pulls from shared data allotment. AT&T plan:Discount offer limited to AT&T’s advertised shared data rate plans as of 11/16/15 for 300MB, 2GB, 5GB, 15GB, 20GB and 25GB for non-discounted handsets, tablets and MBB devices. After high-speed data allotment is used, per kb overage fee applies (1.5 cents/megabyte). Tablet and MBB usage pulls from shared data allotment. Sprint Easy Pay:Req monthly installment agreement, 0% APR, & qualifying device & service plan. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due. Lease:Req qualifying device & service plan. No equipment security deposit. Customer is responsible for insurance and repairs. Early termination of lease/service: Remaining lease payments will be due immediately, and requires device return or payment of purchase option device price in lease. Contract Buy Out Offer:Max payment of $650 based on ETF (early termination fee) charged or remaining phone balance. Req active wireless phone line port from other carrier to Sprint; remain active, in good standing & turn in of working phone tied to phone balance or ETF submitted or be charged up to amount of the Reward Card. Register & submit final bill w/ ETF or phone balance within 60 days of switching at sprint.com/joinsprint. Allow 15 days after registration approval for Reward Card arrival. Excludes discounted phones, 100+ Corporate-liable, prepaid & ports made between Sprint or related entities. Device Turn-In: Phone must be deactivated & all personal data deleted. Phone will not be returned. No cash back. Not eligible for Sprint Buyback Program. If competitive device is not turned in within 30 days from activation, a non-return phone charge equal to the amount of the Reward Card provided to you. Reward Card:Terms & conditions apply to Reward Cards. See Cardholder Agreement or visit www.americanexpress.com/sprint for details. Subject to applicable law, a $3/mo service fee applies beginning in the 7th month after Card issuance. Card is issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation. American Express is not the sponsor of this promotion. Sprint Global Roaming:Requires capable phone and eligible domestic service plan with primary usage in the U.S. Includes voice calls at 20¢/minute in select countries, text messaging (not picture or video) and data in select countries on GSM/GPRS networks only, see sprint.com/internationalroaming.Not for extended int’l use; primary usage must occur on our U.S. network.Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Premium-rate numbers not included. May not be combinable with other int’l data add-ons or offers. No tethering. Sprint reserves the right to change or discontinue offer at any time. Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee:To qualify, call us to deactivate & return to place of purchase w/ complete, undamaged phone/device & receipt within 14 days of activation. You pay for actual usage charges (monthly svc charges, taxes, Sprint surcharges, etc.). We’ll refund your phone/device cost. Activation fee will be refunded if returned within 3 days of activation. Sprint dealer may impose add’l fees. A $35 restocking fee may apply. Visit sprint.com/returns. Other Terms:Offers and coverage not available everywhere or for all phones/networks. May not be combined with other offers. No add’l discounts apply. Sprint reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time. Restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details."

So sprint half off event with a new name? am i missing something here.... "The all new sprint small print event"

• Like 6