Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

A conference call starts at 8:15, and the access # is in the Sprint Newsroom. Otherwise everything on the Sprint Countdown page is for the consumer facing.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

You have to be credentialed media to actually listen to the Conference call. Entering the Conference ID is only a part of the verification process.

Maybe we wait for the conference call before everybody freaks out.

Sorry, but looking at the website it does not look like anything else is coming.  Except fine print.  Maybe he discusses the network some in the phone call, which I hope he does as the network is really getting strong.  Listen, I love Sprint they have been great for me, but when you hype something up, you better deliver in the tech world.  Hence why I am very careful when I play tech stocks.  One miscue during a presentation an plummet the stock.

• Like 2

For someone who knows nothing about Sprint...this is huge!

For me, Framily is the cheapest plan ever. I pay $32 dollars a month (with taxes) for talk,text, and 1GB, combined with my wife we pay a whopping $100 as she is on a GS6 lease.

• Like 2

It is indeed a good deal. But it is not, however, big news. Consumers still believe they are sacrificing quite a bit by moving to Sprint from another Big 4 carrier. Sprint must address this perception. Secondly, Sprint has made a big deal of protecting (nay, growing) margins....and yet they come out with something like this?

A wiser strategy would have been to bundle things that have merely an incremental effect on the bottom line (more hot-spot data, a beefier global roaming deal that is automatically bundled with each plan) rather than something so costly. Marketing emphasis could have also been placed on the $25.00 difference in price that already exists between T-Mobile's unlimited plan and Sprint's. SMH

I love Sprint. I love what they're doing with their network. I just think they underestimate consumers.

A quick counterpoint: Depending on the plans the new customers come from this will probably still be a benefit to margin/ARPU especially seeing how popular phone leasing is with new customers. If you are talking about margins etc then truthfully it is the legacy SERO/Framily plans that drive that down. I agree that it could have been a bigger deal but, still, half off even T-Mobile plans is actually a really huge savings for many people and the sad truth is that these types of moves are what Sprint has to do to gain goodwill back from people. They've had a terrible network for too long to simply issue press releases saying "The network is great now, really!" and they have to rely on the value proposition until they are considered a real option to people.

T-Mobile has made that transition and Sprint can as well.

• Like 4

I'm just wondering how many people got themselves hyped up thinking they were going to get free goodies, what a bunch of moochers we have here. You don't get something from nothing.

Marcelo said there was something for us existing users. There was nothing in that announcement indicating something for us.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I just asked about which tablet and free year he was referring to for existing... I guess some aren't reading the previous posts before replying that nothing has been mentioned for current customers. Although I don't..and won't be needing another tablet...I already have that crappy LG tab that they hyped up to be awesome...with it's whopping 8gb of memory...and no expandable storage...

Really don't get what the big deal is. They already had the cut your rate in half. So what's the big deal?

they added T mobile, but not binge on or music freedom so...... yeah doubt they will get many t mobile subs