Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

This is a dangerous game Marcelo is playing. If Sprint comes in last Legere will become a cellular god for a day. Won't be able to tell him nothing.

Pretty sure Marcelo knows the results already or he wouldn't be that confident.
  • Like 8

This is a dangerous game Marcelo is playing. If Sprint comes in last Legere will become a cellular god for a day. Won't be able to tell him nothing.

As mentioned before, he highly likely already has the results.

So im sure Tmobile will be last again..

• Like 3

With the mentality of some people in today's society, they really enjoy the shock factor.  Legere is becoming as annoying, for me at least, as Vince (not our Vince) selling his soul to Slap Chop...

This is the far superior version of Vince and the Slap Chop:

• Like 3

Marcelo likely has the results already, which are probably NDA'd for a certain release time.

That would be a slap in john and T-Mobiles face if they are #4 overall again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well then slap away. It's high time they got knocked down a level or two.

Anecdotal evidence of T-Mobile falling apart....those who know me know I test phones, carriers, etc. constantly....mostly for fun, but for a little business on the side as well. Sprint is our "home" carrier, however, where we house most of our lines (5) on a permanent basis. The rest are my play lines. :) Went into a T-Mobile store today to start service to retest an area here...they ran a credit report and then apparently lost it (???? this is what I was told - I kid you not) and then I was told that the only way I could open an account today is to go with the No Credit Check plan and make a security deposit. Or, I could wait 60 days and try again. WTF??? In what world is this an acceptable way to treat a customer?

At any rate, the T-Mobile party is fast coming to an end. It'll grind fully to a halt by the end of this year. Trust me. Just trust me.

• Like 8

Hilarious...but Verizon has execs on Twitter now too, and they were all over Legere this week. They crush RootMetrics, so he shouldn't brag too loudly about 3rd place (esp after that airport report).

• Like 1

Well then slap away. It's high time they got knocked down a level or two.

Anecdotal evidence of T-Mobile falling apart....those who know me know I test phones, carriers, etc. constantly....mostly for fun, but for a little business on the side as well. Sprint is our "home" carrier, however, where we house most of our lines (5) on a permanent basis. The rest are my play lines. :) Went into a T-Mobile store today to start service to retest an area here...they ran a credit report and then apparently lost it (???? this is what I was told - I kid you not) and then I was told that the only way I could open an account today is to go with the No Credit Check plan and make a security deposit. Or, I could wait 60 days and try again. WTF??? In what world is this an acceptable way to treat a customer?

At any rate, the T-Mobile party is fast coming to an end. It'll grind fully to a halt by the end of this year. Trust me. Just trust me.

I got a GS6 Active for cheap, unlocked it and currently have Walmart's $30 prepaid 100 minutes, 5GB plan.  Speedtests do not count towards your usage on this plan. :)

I got a GS6 Active for cheap, unlocked it and currently have Walmart's $30 prepaid 100 minutes, 5GB plan. Speedtests do not count towards your usage on this plan. :)

That's a cheap hotspot if you wanted to use it that way!

• Like 2

Still won't make a difference if Sprint is 3rd or 4th. The T-Mobile trolls will find a reason to bash Sprint. If Sprint came in 2nd and T-Mobile is 4th then maybe that would push some of the T-Mobile trolls away. Fabian and S. Ali will still find something negative out of the results.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 5

Still won't make a difference if Sprint is 3rd or 4th. The T-Mobile trolls will find a reason to bash Sprint. If Sprint came in 2nd and T-Mobile is 4th then maybe that would push some of the T-Mobile trolls away. Fabian and S. Ali will still find something negative out of the results.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Now let's be fair. Fabian has at times said positive things about Sprint. Just not often. He is extremely critical of Sprint but I can't say I have not done the same. Once Sprint's data speeds drastically improve nationwide or in his area I'm sure most of the complaints will subside.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Now let's be fair. Fabian has at times said positive things about Sprint. Just not often. He is extremely critical of Sprint but I can't say I have not done the same. Once Sprint's data speeds drastically improve nationwide or in his area I'm sure most of the complaints will subside.

I don't recall Fabian comments ever saying anything positive about Sprint. It's not something I keep track of, nor do I read all the article comments. But of the 100 or so comments I've read, none are positive that I can recall. Also, I don't think it matters if Sprint is good in his Orlando area or not. It's not like he uses Sprint.

I'm not sure why you're a Fabian apologist. He does not even do that for himself.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 8

Yeah I'm sure there will be other stuff to complain about.

Data speeds are not the end all, be all, and the folks who believe so are honestly tools of the speedtest. 

No, data speeds aren't the end all be all, but when you are in "best" lte coverage and the network times out or when it takes 4 minutes to tell you the temperature in the weather channel app then that is a problem. That is my home market. Some people have valid complaints about the network. Now, I have been to the Chicago market and Cincinnati and love the network there as it works great.

Now I agree 10 vs 50 Mbps I could care less. Netflix and YouTube (most data intensive apps) will work just fine at 5 Mbps. So I do get upset when I hear people complain about that. But when lte doesn't work or only gets .8 in the best network shouldn't be tolerated.

• Like 2

No, data speeds aren't the end all be all, but when you are in "best" lte coverage and the network times out or when it takes 4 minutes to tell you the temperature in the weather channel app then that is a problem. That is my home market. Some people have valid complaints about the network. Now, I have been to the Chicago market and Cincinnati and love the network there as it works great.

Now I agree 10 vs 50 Mbps I could care less. Netflix and YouTube (most data intensive apps) will work just fine at 5 Mbps. So I do get upset when I hear people complain about that. But when lte doesn't work or only gets .8 in the best network shouldn't be tolerated.

Some areas around me are extremely congested. B25/26 get less than a Mbps and images load like I'm on dial up. It's kind of nostalgic, but at the same time, frustrating.

Sent from my M8

• Like 2

Just wanted to mention that I saw a link on XDA mentioning that Android M with natively support Visual Voicemail.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/07/android-m-brings-native-visual-voicemail.html

Several members over there have Tweeted and emailed Marcelo to ask him if he would ask Sprint to add support for the Android M Visual Voicemail.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=62038778

Quick google search says his email is Marcelo@sprint.com but I tweeted about the VM app. Now to play the waiting game. Lol =p https://twitter.com/us3rX/status/625075692959592448<......

Since it is highly annoying that Sprint Visual Voicemail doesn't work on Nexus 6 and other Android devices, the Android M Visual Voicemail workaround would be a nice option.

It would be nice to get additional support for this.

• Like 2

Just wanted to mention that I saw a link on XDA mentioning that Android M with natively support Visual Voicemail.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/07/android-m-brings-native-visual-voicemail.html

Several members over there have Tweeted and emailed Marcelo to ask him if he would ask Sprint to add support for the Android M Visual Voicemail.

Since it is highly annoying that Sprint Visual Voicemail doesn't work on Nexus 6 and other Android devices, the Android M Visual Voicemail workaround would be a nice option.

It would be nice to get additional support for this.

That would be great.

• Like 1

So I keep hearing about Sprint and Clear towers. Saying that Sprint owns both of them, are the Clear towers going to get the Network Vision upgrades like their Sprint counterparts?

Haven't seem much clarity on this.

There isn't much clarity, really. However, 40% of Clearwire sites are colocated with Sprint Network Vision. At those sites, Clearwire will be decommissioned after WiMax decommissioning is complete and Sprint 8T8R is operating.

At the other 60%, it's less clear. Some will be converted to full Network Vision, including adding other Sprint LTE bands and CDMA (where more coverage is needed). Some will just be changed over to Sprint 8T8R because they already are well covered by other Sprint bands and CDMA, but need B41 coverage or density. And yet some others will be decommosioned because they are too close to other Sprint 8T8R's, and will not provide any unique coverage and no extra capacity is needed in the area. We have seen lots of Clearwire and Sprint sites right next to each other, on the same block or across the street.

• Like 11

Yes, it should not be tolerated, and the customer should choose what works best for them. I know it was tough here in NYC but it has gotten so much better now.

• Like 3

Yes, it should not be tolerated, and the customer should choose what works best for them. I know it was tough here in NYC but it has gotten so much better now.

Wrong answer. If the network worked fine before and then got congested and basically until band 41 rolls around there is nothing you can do but wait but your still paying a bill for unusable data that is unacceptable. Fact is Sprint will not let you out of contract even if you have unusable data. As long as your not roaming your SOL. It's their job to keep the network uncongested and as customers our job to offload to WiFi out of curiosity whenever possible. But when you don't have WiFi where you are and the network does not work the frustration is real. Point is if Sprint worked fine before or during your contract signing or device payment signing then later on due to congestion and band 41 just not being deployed fast enough but the bill is still rolling in full speed there should definitely be something in place to fix that. It's not easy to switch all the time. Personally it would cost me $1000 to switch. I'm not trying to single out Sprint but because all carriers should be this way. If service degrades so bad that even loading a web page takes forever you should be cut from your contract etf free as long as you give back your device. 

• Like 1

Wrong answer. If the network worked fine before and then got congested and basically until band 41 rolls around there is nothing you can do but wait but your still paying a bill for unusable data that is unacceptable. Fact is Sprint will not let you out of contract even if you have unusable data. As long as your not roaming your SOL. It's their job to keep the network uncongested and as customers our job to offload to WiFi out of curiosity whenever possible. But when you don't have WiFi where you are and the network does not work the frustration is real. Point is if Sprint worked fine before or during your contract signing or device payment signing then later on due to congestion and band 41 just not being deployed fast enough but the bill is still rolling in full speed there should definitely be something in place to fix that. It's not easy to switch all the time. Personally it would cost me $1000 to switch.

I wish AT&T subscribed to your altruistic line of thinking. I was just in Denver, where AT&T just gets worse and worse. My phone was unusable in over half the city at peak times this trip. Just awful. Everything was fine before, we just have to wait for the next band to come along. Which you say is unacceptable when said of Sprint. Even though Sprint is actively deploying additional wide bands in several carriers en masse, something AT&T is not doing.

Also, Tmo customers in places still with EDGE and GPRS sure wish they had this same altruistic approach. Heck, these never even were fine before. They are still waiting for the first band!!!

And there are still places without VZW B4 LTE that are still crawling along with poor performing B13 only. Everything was fine before, we just have to wait for VZW to install the new band. But this is not acceptable when Sprint does it. I see.

So I agree with you, wrong answer. But you only seem to get hung up in your small part of the world. If Sprint hasn't deployed B41 where you want it in Marion County, then Sprint is failing everywhere. And if Tmo, VZW and AT&T are good in your corner of Central Florida, then they're great everywhere. Wrong answer.

• Like 8