Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Same reason everyone uses multiple vendors. One bad apple cannot delay everything.

Are there differences between the equipment deployed across the vendor territories, or is the gear all built to the same performance/specifications?

It is Magenta magic.  Everyone knows that God loves T-Mobile.  And Neville Ray is the wireless Jesus -- he can turn water into LTE.

AJ

Then who the frack is John Legere? I thought he was wireless Jesus?

And equipment. Nokia equipment are excellent. 

True.  But the first B41 site I connected to was old Clearwire equipment (which I think is Samsung in my market.)  I'm sure Nokia's equipment is great, too!  I just haven't experienced it, yet.

This may be a basic question, but why did Sprint use multiple vendors for Network Vision? Wouldn't it have been better from a network management perspective to have a uniform deployment of gear from a single vendor?

There is too much equipment demand in a short period of time that one vendor can handle it all. Also, if someing goes wrong with one vendor...financial issues, management problems, strikes, supply chain/manufacturing problems, it doesn't affect you everywhere...just one region. Plus you get the advantage of them always competing against each other.

Simplicity with single network architecture would be nice. But when you weigh the pros and coins, it just doesn't pan out.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Then who the frack is John Legere? I thought he was wireless Jesus?

John knows nothing about wireless, at least not to the extent of there praised savior Neville Ray. John is more like Adam from Adam and Eve. He gets things going, takes a piece of forbidden fruit and then disappears. 

I haven't heard anything on this for awhile. I still hope Sprint won't sell any of their 2.5Ghz spectrum

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analyst-verizon-considers-sprints-25-ghz-spectrum-option-no-deals-are-motio/2015-07-29

I don't see why they would sell to a competitor for a short-term financial gain. Spectrum is so valuable, and Sprint has a treasure trove of it. It's not like data demands will ever go down... If anything, the move to "true" streaming TV in a few years will act as a force multiplier for bandwidth consumption.

It's going to be a capacity war, not a speed test epeen war.

• Like 6

I haven't heard anything on this for awhile. I still hope Sprint won't sell any of their 2.5Ghz spectrum

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analyst-verizon-considers-sprints-25-ghz-spectrum-option-no-deals-are-motio/2015-07-29

Verizon had there chance when they were a Wimax partner before it got underway and then they poopooed it, now they have to think up of things to come up with something new. Hey karma really bites and hindsight can be worse.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

I don't see why they would sell to a competitor for a short-term financial gain. Spectrum is so valuable, and Sprint has a treasure trove of it. It's not like data demands will ever go down... If anything, the move to "true" streaming TV in a few years will act as a force multiplier for bandwidth consumption.

It's going to be a capacity war, not a speed test epeen war.

It's called horse trading. You trade some EBS spectrum for some PCS spectrum.

Especially since they are suppose to be using that for the backhaul for their small cell deployment:  http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analysts-sprints-network-densification-project-will-likely-include-70k-smal/2015-07-23

Especially since they are suppose to be using that for the backhaul for their small cell deployment:  http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analysts-sprints-network-densification-project-will-likely-include-70k-smal/2015-07-23

That could happen, but Sprint has MADE no comment on that subject.

• Like 1

There is too much equipment demand in a short period of time that one vendor can handle it all. Also, if someing goes wrong with one vendor...financial issues, management problems, strikes, supply chain/manufacturing problems, it doesn't affect you everywhere...just one region. Plus you get the advantage of them always competing against each other.

Simplicity with single network architecture would be nice. But when you weigh the pros and coins, it just doesn't pan out.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Thanks for the explanation. So which vendor has the best performing Network Vision gear? Or is it all built to the same spec per Sprint?

Basically it's the same story with me. If band 41 is there then Sprint is peaches in creme but if it's just band 25 and 26 the experience is hit or miss unless in rural territory. Happens at least a few times in every town I mentioned above. On the nexus 6 or the S5 sport. Tmobile gets 20-30mbps on a 115dbm signal. I don't see that on Sprint unless band 41 is around.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's physically impossible to get 20-30mbps on a B25 or B26 signal unless you're the only one using the cell site.

It's physically impossible to get 20-30mbps on a B25 or B26 signal unless you're the only one using the cell site.

I don't really care about 20-30 mbps but when its 2 mbps on average while the competition is 20-50mbps them there is a problem.

• Like 1

I don't really care about 20-30 mbps but when its 2 mbps on average while the competition is 20-50mbps them there is a problem.

That makes no sense.

The competition is 20-50mbps of penis length because they have wide band LTE networks deployed. It's not an apples to apples comparison. 

Now look at their B12 deployment speeds, load up the same number of users, and watch the speeds plummet. 

• Like 4

That makes no sense.

The competition is 20-50mbps of penis length because they have wide band LTE networks deployed. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

Now look at their B12 deployment speeds, load up the same number of users, and watch the speeds plummet.

That's just it Tmobile has more wideband LTE deployed in combination to make those problems less of a problem where there are more markets without decent capacity than not on Sprint. So not really apples to oranges its faster execution to slower execution.

• Like 1

That makes no sense.

Well, the density of T-Mobiles urban sites definitely help.  I personally think Sprint tries to cover too many POPs with their low-bandwidth bands (B25/B26.)  If they dense up their networks, it would perform a lot better.  But it's costly. 

• Like 2

Well, the density of T-Mobiles urban sites definitely help. I personally think Sprint tries to cover too many POPs with their low-bandwidth bands (B25/B26.) If they dense up their networks, it would perform a lot better. But it's costly.

That is apparently what they are doing though.

• Like 1

Well, the density of T-Mobiles urban sites definitely help.  I personally think Sprint tries to cover too many POPs with their low-bandwidth bands (B25/B26.)  If they dense up their networks, it would perform a lot better.  But it's costly. 

I think they know that.

• Like 2

Based on the stock price, I think the spectrum Sprint owns is worth more than the company.

• Like 3

My house it's 50mbps minimum at all times of the day. Unless it switches to 700 then its around 18-25mbps. Even hspa+ on its worse day is 6mbps. Almost got a 100mbps speed test at night.

Doubt Tmobile will be congested they don't have a store in my city only a booth in the mall but they have at least 10 metro pcs stores. Sprint has 1 corporate and 3 third party as well as a lot of boost stores and radio shacks of course. Probably a lot of the reason for all this congestion is that Sprint has way more customers and half of the spectrum deployed.

Basically it's the same story with me. If band 41 is there then Sprint is peaches in creme but if it's just band 25 and 26 the experience is hit or miss unless in rural territory. Happens at least a few times in every town I mentioned above. On the nexus 6 or the S5 sport. Tmobile gets 20-30mbps on a 115dbm signal. I don't see that on Sprint unless band 41 is around.

That's just it Tmobile has more wideband LTE deployed in combination to make those problems less of a problem where there are more markets without decent capacity than not on Sprint. So not really apples to oranges its faster execution to slower execution.

You're a broken record.  You say the same things over and over again.  Yes, you love T-Mobile.  It's the cat's meow to you.  And Sprint's 2-5Mbps isn't fast enough for you.  That's fine.  But don't say it again.  I swear if you say it again, I will ban you.  You have bitched in several threads this week the same exact damn thing.  You're done.

Saying the same thing over and over and over again is just madness.  Go and leave Sprint if it doesn't meet your needs.  We never beg you to stay.  We never even recommend you be a Sprint customer.  And if you are stuck in a contract, which is your own damn fault, then deal with it until the end.  But we won't host your complaints about it EVER AGAIN.  You have made your feelings clear here.  We all know about it.  We don't need to be told anymore.

• Like 20