Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

But it can be achieved with 800/1900 if they added extra panels to the site, correct?

-Anthony

Yeah. You just add more antennas and radios.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Shentel doing well: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3382935-shenandoah-telecommunications-shen-ceo-chris-french-on-q2-2015-results-earnings-call-transcript

The transcription is a little rough in spots, but you should be able to get the gist.

I wish Sprint would be this transparent. Plus, I hate the strategy when sprint says B41 and carrier aggregation is the answer. The answer is a multi-pronged approach.

Soccer has become HUGE in the KC and STL markets. Particularly the KC market, and is growing quickly elsewhere.

Not quickly enough. It's not something Sprint should sit on and wait to explode (if it ever even does) especially with the rising competitive nature of this wireless industry.

The Women's World Cup grabbed very high ratings, beating out baseball and other sporting events on TV for every game that wasn't on cable. I would not call it niche.

It's still niche. You can't compare the Women's world cup (which was nationally televised) with a regular season MLB game that is regionally broadcasted.

Soccer is very niche. Some teams have very poor TV exposure. In Houston, the Dynamo often get pushed to an alternative channel in favor of NBA or MLB games.

Like I said, Soccer isn't something Sprint should be waiting around for to develop with T-Mobile closing in.

Edited by greenbastard
  • Like 1

Yeah. You just add more antennas and radios.

Sent from my Nexus 5

They use a different channel/frequency correct? Or are they positioned so they don't overlap? Or something else?

Sent from my Nexus 6

They use a different channel/frequency correct? Or are they positioned so they don't overlap? Or something else?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Frequency reuse, adjust the beamwidths of the other antennas, no big deal. The antennas are typical 30 to 65 degrees anyways. 

It's an 8t8r only thing.

But it can be achieved with 800/1900 if they added extra panels to the site, correct?

Nothing but a PCS G thang to add extra sectors to band 25.

Just get Calvin Broadus and Dr. Dre, Ph.D. in sweet G physics, to optimize them.

(NSFW)

AJ

• Like 3

Frequency reuse, adjust the beamwidths of the other antennas, no big deal. The antennas are typical 30 to 65 degrees anyways. 

To return this to serious discussion, those beam widths are specified by half power (-3 dB) levels.  For 360 degree polar response in a typical three sector site, the half power levels probably will be around 65 degrees per antenna -- that sounds about right.

AJ

At the end of the day it comes down to this, Sprint needs to get B26 everywhere and optimized. This is their biggest issue speeds are not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RootMetrics states otherwise.

• Like 1

At the end of the day it comes down to this, Sprint needs to get B26 everywhere and optimized. This is their biggest issue speeds are not.

Getting b41 on every site (or critical ones) satisfies the average consumer demand, shuts down what is probably the main complaint about Sprint and allows them to set up b26 on sites for distance instead of thinking about capacity in certain areas. In many places b26 is optimized, just not towards coverage.

For instance you can take the KC or STL areas (I've noticed it more in the STL areas). Nine months ago there would be multiple places with massive amounts of traffic (I'm referring to volume of consumers) that had b26 but it would be 2-5 dbm stronger than b25. As soon as b41 and 8t8r popped online b26 started to gradually cover more completely, and now 9 months later there's a 10-15 dbm stronger signal on b26 over 25 in the exact same spots.

• Like 4

Getting b41 on every site (or critical ones) satisfies the average consumer demand, shuts down what is probably the main complaint about Sprint and allows them to set up b26 on sites for distance instead of thinking about capacity in certain areas. In many places b26 is optimized, just not towards coverage.

For instance you can take the KC or STL areas (I've noticed it more in the STL areas). Nine months ago there would be multiple places with massive amounts of traffic (I'm referring to volume of consumers) that had b26 but it would be 2-5 dbm stronger than b25. As soon as b41 and 8t8r popped online b26 started to gradually cover more completely, and now 9 months later there's a 10-15 dbm stronger signal on b26 over 25 in the exact same spots.

All the B26 I've seen is a few dBm weaker than B25 and or B41.

• Like 1

Looks like Sprint has changed their share plans again. And the new plan offers for $100 and $120 simply have their access fees waived until Sept 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incorrect

Up to 4 lines for $100/month with 10 GB offer, $120/month with 40 GB. Both offers include $15 access charges per line/per month waived for life as long as you're enrolled in the plan.

• Like 2

Incorrect

Where are you seeing that about being waived for life?

If you expand the family plan section And look under the See the Savings section of the following it says access fees waived until 9/30/2016:

http://www.sprint.com/shop/plan-wall/?view=unlimitedtalk#!/

Where are you seeing that about being waived for life?

If you expand the family plan section And look under the See the Savings section of the following it says access fees waived until 9/30/2016:

http://www.sprint.com/shop/plan-wall/?view=unlimitedtalk#!/

http://www.sprint.com/landings/datashare/index.html

It's a promotion for the 10GB/$100 and 40GB/$120 plans.

This is what I saw on that page below the comparison and related it to the offer:

Capture.JPG

No big deal.  It's just not clear on the website that its waived for life.

Edited by AppleFanBoy

That is an awesome deal and price then!

This is what I saw on that page below the comparison and related it to the offer:

attachicon.gif Capture.JPG

Must be leftover language from the prior plans. They should get that fixed.

Per the press release

hese new 10GB and 40GB options on this plan have no per-line data access charges ever on the first four lines when a customer switches.

Must be leftover language from the prior plans. They should get that fixed.

Per the press release

You know if I go to that URL logged in I see a different version of the page then if I'm not logged in.

I see the blurb about the fee being waived for life now after logging out.

Never mind me, carry on.

People don't leave because they get 5mbps instead of 50. They leave because they lose LTE and then their internet times out and apps won't load.

I'm wasn't insinuating that that's not a problem. I was simply stating that RootMetrics indicates that reliability isn't the problem as much as speeds are. Testing of their network indicates that the area where Sprint is lacking is average speeds. In select markets this isn't the case and in those markets we see that Sprint is doing insanely well from a business standpoint. In a day and age where data is the focus of many carriers attention, you have to keep up.

As much as I hate the speed test contest, we have to acknowledge that it's a thing that many people factor into their purchase. A lot of people just want to see "My network is faster than yours." and it's not just a niche crowd anymore.

• Like 4

I'm wasn't insinuating that that's not a problem. I was simply stating that RootMetrics indicates that reliability isn't the problem as much as speeds are. Testing of their network indicates that the area where Sprint is lacking is average speeds. In select markets this isn't the case and in those markets we see that Sprint is doing insanely well from a business standpoint. In a day and age where data is the focus of many carriers attention, you have to keep up.

As much as I hate the speed test contest, we have to acknowledge that it's a thing that many people factor into their purchase. A lot of people just want to see "My network is faster than yours." and it's not just a niche crowd anymore.

I think part of it is because when people see lower speeds, they know it will just get slower over time as more people change carriers or usage increases. Or they think that the network may become unusable during peak hours or during events. With a higher speed, there's more room for growth. Plus things are noticeably laggier and slower at 1-2Mbit versus 5-6 even. Once it drops below 1 Mbit things stop working well (at least for me). Above 25 and most people likely won't be able to tell the difference though.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Once it drops below 1 Mbit things stop working well (at least for me). Above 25 and most people likely won't be able to tell the difference though.

Sent from my Nexus 6

With regard to this specific portion of your comment, this pretty much applies specifically to LTE. For some reason, on EVDO 1Mbps is fine whereas 1Mbps on LTE feels sluggish beyond belief.

• Like 2