Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Does this mean the $15 per line access fee is no longer a "promotion" that will end? Is it permanently $100 or 120 a month?

Edit: Up to 4 lines for $100/month with 10 GB offer, $120/month with 40 GB. Both offers include $15 access charges per line/per month waived for life as long as you're enrolled in the plan.

So looks like it is permanent! Pretty good deal...matches T-Mobile's new family plan offer.

Would be it be safe to assume that tethering is also included, meaning tethering will take off of the shared data?

If so this would be great for the 40 GB option.

Like I said. I haven't noticed this. There are times when I have service and people with tmobilen or att next to me do not. The inconsistency is something I don't see, but to each there own I guess?

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

Basically it's the same story with me. If band 41 is there then Sprint is peaches in creme but if it's just band 25 and 26 the experience is hit or miss unless in rural territory. Happens at least a few times in every town I mentioned above. On the nexus 6 or the S5 sport. Tmobile gets 20-30mbps on a 115dbm signal. I don't see that on Sprint unless band 41 is around.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Would be it be safe to assume that tethering is also included, meaning tethering will take off of the shared data?

If so this would be great for the 40 GB option.

Yes tethering is included and taken out of your shared data.

• Like 2

Yep. I have 2 lines on installments. Would cost 800 to get them off. 2 tablets that would cost 200 to get them off. I'm not paying $1000 just to leave a carrier. I'd rather give back all of my tablets and phones and maybe pay off the nexus 6 since its the only device that will work on other carriers.

It might be worth the trouble, pay $1000, sell devices for $750.  It's not worth paying for wireless service you're not happy with.  It would be the best time to move to another carrier too since capacity wise it seems other carriers are doing well as you say.  Come back to Sprint when other carriers start becoming congested and sprint has B41 fully up and running in a couple years.

Again, though, stick to buying phones outright if you're not wanting to deal with contracts.

• Like 1

It might be worth the trouble, pay $1000, sell devices for $750. It's not worth paying for wireless service you're not happy with. It would be the best time to move to another carrier too since capacity wise it seems other carriers are doing well as you say. Come back to Sprint when other carriers start becoming congested and sprint has B41 fully up and running in a couple years.

Again, though, stick to buying phones outright if you're not wanting to deal with contracts.

Yeah I'm never getting into a contract again. There use to be a loop hole in contracts that made them cheaper. I could buy a phone for $199 on a two year contract then wait 2-3 weeks after the etf takes effect then pay 375 so if the phone is worth say $600-650 then you just saved $25-$75.

It might be worth the trouble, pay $1000, sell devices for $750. It's not worth paying for wireless service you're not happy with. It would be the best time to move to another carrier too since capacity wise it seems other carriers are doing well as you say. Come back to Sprint when other carriers start becoming congested and sprint has B41 fully up and running in a couple years.

Doubt Tmobile will be congested they don't have a store in my city only a booth in the mall but they have at least 10 metro pcs stores. Sprint has 1 corporate and 3 third party as well as a lot of boost stores and radio shacks of course. Probably a lot of the reason for all this congestion is that Sprint has way more customers and half of the spectrum deployed.

Yeah I'm never getting into a contract again. There use to be a loop hole in contracts that made them cheaper. I could buy a phone for $199 on a two year contract then wait 2-3 weeks after the etf takes effect then pay 375 so if the phone is worth say $600-650 then you just saved $25-$75.

I bought the G2 on launch for $150 ($199+$50 GC.)  After about a year, it was already worth less than $200 used.  I am very careful now with what phones I grab with contract. 

I bought the G2 on launch for $150 ($199+$50 GC.) After about a year, it was already worth less than $200 used. I am very careful now with what phones I grab with contract.

I got my G2 for $99 at launch at best buy and experienced the same thing. Great phone but did not hold value. Most LG phones don't. Only Samsung and Iphones due to demand.

• Like 1

Basically it's the same story with me. If band 41 is there then Sprint is peaches in creme but if it's just band 25 and 26 the experience is hit or miss unless in rural territory. Happens at least a few times in every town I mentioned above. On the nexus 6 or the S5 sport. Tmobile gets 20-30mbps on a 115dbm signal. I don't see that on Sprint unless band 41 is around.

Damn Tmobile must have zero customers in your area. My brother has Tmobile here in NYC and they have wide band deployed. He does well outside 10-20mbs but in our apt's hes lucky to see over 2mb between 105 and -110dBm.

Damn Tmobile must have zero customers in your area. My brother has Tmobile here in NYC and they have wide band deployed. He does well outside 10-20mbs but in our apt's hes lucky to see over 2mb between 105 and -110dBm.

My house it's 50mbps minimum at all times of the day. Unless it switches to 700 then its around 18-25mbps. Even hspa+ on its worse day is 6mbps. Almost got a 100mbps speed test at night.

• Like 1

Can confirm with Terrell. T-Mobile, at least in my area consistently pulls 20mbps, even at -118 dBm signal. When I first latched onto one of the early b41 sites, I still got 19mbps on a -115dBm signal. Wideband is great!

Sent from my M8

• Like 3

My house it's 50mbps minimum at all times of the day. Unless it switches to 700 then its around 18-25mbps. Even hspa+ on its worse day is 6mbps. Almost got a 100mbps speed test at night.

Yeah my brother used to hit 60-70, thats gone now. Its more like 10-20mbs outdoors. Popularity has its downsides.

My Sprint has also seen a decline (but nowhere near as bad as Tmobile) from 20-30mbs to 5-15mbs in my apt..

• Like 1

Can confirm with Terrell. T-Mobile, at least in my area consistently pulls 20mbps, even at -118 dBm signal. When I first latched onto one of the early b41 sites, I still got 19mbps on a -115dBm signal. Wideband is great!

Sent from my M8

It is. I don't know how they do it. I get great SNR even if the signal is -115 dbm. Can't say the same for Sprint. But that may be due to them choosing the bottom on at least 40% of the sites here where I rarely see Tmobile on the bottom. But thats another discussion for another day in another year, on another planet, in a different galaxy in a different universe parallel to ours.

It is. I don't know how they do it. I get great SNR even if the signal is -115 dbm. Can't say the same for Sprint. But that may be due to them choosing the bottom on at least 40% of the sites here where I rarely see Tmobile on the bottom. But thats another discussion for another day in another year, on another planet, in a different galaxy in a different universe parallel to ours.

It partially has to do with the wider bandwidth and additionally, T-Mobile turns up power on their sites significantly which would mean that your phone receives the signal super strong and you'll get great download speeds at the edge of a cell but on the upload it'll be poor.

Also the 4x2 MIMO.

• Like 4

It partially has to do with the wider bandwidth and additionally, T-Mobile turns up power on their sites significantly which would mean that your phone receives the signal super strong and you'll get great download speeds at the edge of a cell but on the upload it'll be poor.

Also the 4x2 MIMO.

Sprint needs to refarm to wider B25 carriers where possible and get 4x2 MIMO going. I still haven't seen it in the wild.

Higher power settings would also help. I have an 8T8R tower by me that barely goes out .5 miles until dropping to B25/B26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is. I don't know how they do it. I get great SNR even if the signal is -115 dbm. Can't say the same for Sprint.

It is Magenta magic.  Everyone knows that God loves T-Mobile.  And Neville Ray is the wireless Jesus -- he can turn water into LTE.

AJ

• Like 11

It is Magenta magic.  Everyone knows that God loves T-Mobile.  And Neville Ray is the wireless Jesus -- he can turn water into LTE.

AJ

Lmao. But seriously why can't Sprint turn up towers to match SNR like T-Mobile

Because the snr ratio is more attributed to the amount of spectrum being broadcasted than the power output.

Sent from my M8

And equipment. Nokia equipment are excellent. 

• Like 1

This may be a basic question, but why did Sprint use multiple vendors for Network Vision? Wouldn't it have been better from a network management perspective to have a uniform deployment of gear from a single vendor?

This may be a basic question, but why did Sprint use multiple vendors for Network Vision? Wouldn't it have been better to have a uniform deployment of gear from a single vendor?

Same reason everyone uses multiple vendors. One bad apple cannot delay everything. 

• Like 3