Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

On sporting event side at Kaufman stadium, the new system they have in is awesome. Could use data perfectly all over the stadium and parking lot.

I hope that the DAS at Arrowhead Stadium has been similarly band 41 optimized for this fall.  The in stadium Wi-Fi network is quite good, but the concourse level access points are a little bit too far away from our front row season ticket seats.  Yeah, sucks to be us.

AJ

• Like 3

Now that the  new tmonews.com editor doesnt post daily news about  Tmobile expect the mangetrolls to troll third party sites at a high number.

Absolutely. Although it will eventually simmer down, the "breaking the rules" nature of T-Mobile will unfortunately make things uglier for longer.

The only safe heaven to talk about Sprint is this place.

I appreciate the admins and moderators who run this site. Very few places on the internet are not run like buddy systems or left to chaos. Those of us who have been on the internet for over a decade know this very well. Thank you all.

• Like 8

Let's see, just reported the Samsung Note 5 and S6 Edge + had made a appearance at the FCC for Sprint, and AT&T is jacking up some rates in which you can see here. http://crackberry.com/att-said-be-introducing-activation-fee-next-and-byod-customers-raising-upgrade-fee-august-1

• Like 1

Let's see, just reported the Samsung Note 5 and S6 Edge + had made a appearance at the FCC for Sprint, and AT&T is jacking up some rates in which you can see here. http://crackberry.com/att-said-be-introducing-activation-fee-next-and-byod-customers-raising-upgrade-fee-august-1

Those are some ridiculous fees. I hope their customers start dropping like flies and coming over to Sprint and T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 7

Articles like this are great.

http://www.androidauthority.com/best-4g-galaxy-s6-v-huawei-p8-v-lg-g4-612827/

I wouldn't mind if more of these show up for different carriers/phones. S4GRU should totally start the trend on that.

Damn, the S6 did not do very well at all! But they have nice commercials ;)!
  • Like 2

Damn, the S6 did not do very well at all! But they have nice commercials ;)!

From the FCC docs, it's clear that Samsung does not focus heavily on their antenna design or RF performance. Their older phones are better, especially the S4.

Sent from my M8

• Like 2

From the FCC docs, it's clear that Samsung does not focus heavily on their antenna design or RF performance. Their older phones are better, especially the S4.

Sent from my M8

Could the scan time be set at a slower rate (in seconds) than the competition?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Could the scan time be set at a slower rate (in seconds) than the competition?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Likely. But it is something that the end user has to put up with. The interesting findings was average signal strength and calls dropped.

Sent from my M8

• Like 3

Those are some ridiculous fees. I hope their customers start dropping like flies and coming over to Sprint and T-Mobile.

If there's enough outcry, AT&T could also remove it after a few months. More corporate nonsense. Past example from the king: 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2011/12/29/144444008/verizon-will-charge-2-to-pay-bill-online-or-by-phone

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but S4GRU told you so in our FCC OET article.  The Sprint variant Samsung Galaxy S6 handsets are lackluster in RF performance.

That said, the Android Authority article -- while well intentioned -- is amateur hour.  Quite frankly, as underwhelming as the Galaxy S6 may be, there is no way that it is 29 dB worse than another handset.  The article ostensibly failed to confirm that the handsets under test were on the same site, sector, carrier, etc.  At the very least, know how to access engineering screens and run SignalCheck Pro, people.  Furthermore, the article misuses the dBm scale, comparing separate measurements in dBm rather than dB, also referring to "above -110 dBm" for a signal strength below that.

Finally, examining the EE UK and/or international variants of the tested handsets is not universally applicable.  Plenty of RF differences exist among just the domestic VZW, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile variants of a given handset.

I wouldn't mind if more of these show up for different carriers/phones.  S4GRU should totally start the trend on that.

We would love to do so. Staff has discussed this possibility. But start donating, boys and girls. Unless Sprint is willing to give/loan us review handsets, we need lots of money to buy them.

AJ

• Like 12

Well there's a new character in the comments section about sprint having the lowest latency. This characters name is tony. He's all over the comments just spamming how T-Mobile is number 3 and adding 2.1 million customers and has positive cash flow and can't sprint match that. Boy when sprint outdoes or has a good article people can't handle it. For the T-Mobile diehards being number 3 is like life and death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Well there's a new character in the comments section about sprint having the lowest latency. This characters name is tony. He's all over the comments just spamming how T-Mobile is number 3 and adding 2.1 million customers and has positive cash flow and can't sprint match that. Boy when sprint outdoes or has a good article people can't handle it. For the T-Mobile diehards being number 3 is like life and death.

That person has existed for a while. He gets banned, he comes back with the same name and spews the same rhetoric over and over again. He loves to talk about how T-Mobile is going to be on 5G when Sprint is done with 4G.

• Like 4

I don't remember who it was here on S4GRU who said it, but someone mentioned how eventually the T-Mobile 15x15 AWS LTE network in the Chicago market eventually would start slowing down back to its 10x10 speeds.

Well, that is beginning to happen, though not quite near that point yet. I'm noticing a 5mbps to 10mbps decrease at home in the late evenings/early mornings, which isn't a big deal, since it still gets at least 30mbps, averages around 40mbps to 50mbps, yet rarely goes into the 60s and 70s that it did quite often for a while after the spectrum allocation increase.

I'd use my home internet, if Uverse wasn't so bad here. I'd consider switching to Comcast Xfinity, but I'm planning to move with my mother to where my aunt lives, which will be by Spring next year, where I'll be living in the area of town where Sprint is quite good in. However, my aunt uses Xfinity, which works well at her house, so I'll use that, with Sprint as a backup.

That person has existed for a while. He gets banned, he comes back with the same name and spews the same rhetoric over and over again. He loves to talk about how T-Mobile is going to be on 5G when Sprint is done with 4G.

Oh ok pressed much?

Does T-Mobile have 5g money? I'll wait... Heck they barely have auction money.

• Like 3

Oh ok pressed much?

By then if John Legere is still in charge of T-Mobile, he'll likely be making videos asking the government for free 5g.

• Like 2

By then if John Legere is still in charge of T-Mobile, he'll likely be making videos asking the government for free 5g.

Gotta go against dumb and dumber. #Corporatewelfare

• Like 2

If T-Mobile needs a loan, I have 25 G.

:P

AJ

• Like 6

I don't remember who it was here on S4GRU who said it, but someone mentioned how eventually the T-Mobile 15x15 AWS LTE network in the Chicago market eventually would start slowing down back to its 10x10 speeds.

Well, that is beginning to happen, though not quite near that point yet. I'm noticing a 5mbps to 10mbps decrease at home in the late evenings/early mornings, which isn't a big deal, since it still gets at least 30mbps, averages around 40mbps to 50mbps, yet rarely goes into the 60s and 70s that it did quite often for a while after the spectrum allocation increase.

I'd use my home internet, if Uverse wasn't so bad here. I'd consider switching to Comcast Xfinity, but I'm planning to move with my mother to where my aunt lives, which will be by Spring next year, where I'll be living in the area of town where Sprint is quite good in. However, my aunt uses Xfinity, which works well at her house, so I'll use that, with Sprint as a backup.

I was one of those that said that would happen. I've noticed some other reports of it slowing down in Chicago too. I haven't personally tested lately so I can't confirm but I don't doubt that. 

• Like 2

I was one of those that said that would happen. I've noticed some other reports of it slowing down in Chicago too. I haven't personally tested lately so I can't confirm but I don't doubt that.

What an unfortunate thing to happen to poor T-Mobile in a huge market with Sprint's CA rollout happening at the same time. A shame, really.

• Like 8

I just now did a test passing by Yorktown Mall on 88 got an even 20mbps down : http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1375424878

While that is far from being a bad speed and not quite as slow as when it was 10x10, it is slower, and there isn't much traffic right now. In the area around this time, after the upgrade to 15x15, was giving 30mbps to 40mbps, which is comparable to Sprint's b41 in the area prior to CA. I'm curious to see how the speeds are now with CA in the area.

I'm on my way out to Schaumburg/Arlington Heights, where Sprint is really good at. T-Mobile is better in the area than it was prior to the upgrade, but last time I checked was three weeks ago. I'll check again and report back here if there is any noticeable speed decrease there, now that T-Mobile is showing signs of slowdown.

Also, a sincere thanks to those here who've explained to me about how Sprint's TDD system works and how adding spectrum with CA will allow for both greater speeds, especially in the downlink, along with the added capacity. I now definitely see the advantages of it over the FDD structure of 10x10, 15x15, 20x20, etc.

• Like 1

What an unfortunate thing to happen to poor T-Mobile in a huge market with Sprint's CA rollout happening at the same time. A shame, really.

Don't cry for T-Mobile, sbolen

The truth is Chicago has ample spectrum

AWS 30 MHz contiguous

PCS 30 MHz contiguous

Refarm for band 2

There is the solution

AJ

• Like 4

AWS 30 MHz contiguous

PCS 30 MHz contiguous

Refarm for band 2

There is the solution

AJ

Yeah all they need to do is dismantle DC-HSPA leaving one WCDMA carrier and shut down the 2G that almost nobody uses and they'll have another 10x10 LTE carrier.

I'm sure this will happen by early next year too.

AWS 30 MHz contiguous

PCS 30 MHz contiguous

Refarm for band 2

There is the solution

AJ

Roger and Ebert give that post Two Thumbs Up! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji1]
  • Like 1