Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Please what? The point has been sprint problem in the market place. Several irrelevant excuse have been given and I explained why I believe them to be irrelevant. If grow tired of the discussion don't participate or read it.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

At the end of the day Sprint's service is still overall better than Tmobiles (one source is Root metrics) and not that far from ATT.

Yes in your area Sprint might be the weakest link but for a lot of us our service works well for us.

We all can agree Sprint still has room for improvement but we need to remember, everything is a process.

Good news is, sprints only direction is up :)

• Like 5

More than half.

The entire nokia footprint is capable immediately. Ericsson needs a bit of retrofitting via 4x4 capable air32/ rrus32.

If anything it's att and Verizon who has the lack of 4x4 mimo capable equipment since they primarily have 2x4 or 2x2 equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

What about samsung markets?

Please what? The point has been sprint problem in the market place. Several irrelevant excuse have been given and I explained why I believe them to be irrelevant. If grow tired of the discussion don't participate or read it.

Not having money is hardly an irrelevant excuse, nor is being unable to acquire permits, you try building a garage without a permit see if the city doesn't fine you and forces you to demolish it. Work is underway. I get your point, simply narrows down to "sprint sucks and I'm going to complain about it." You're not saying anything new in your arguments, same old Sprint can't execute and their network sucks everywhere, though it doesn't suck everywhere. Again, network inconsistency is ubiquitous through all the carriers, hardly a Sprint only issue. Sprint is just scrutinized more for some reason. If the network doesn't work for someone they'll move on to the next one when they can and it'll either work for them or it won't. From a consumers point of view it's as simple as that. By the way, I have money invested in Sprint and right now I'm up, so we'll see where their plans take them.

Not having money is hardly an irrelevant excuse, nor is being unable to acquire permits, you try building a garage without a permit see if the city doesn't fine you and forces you to demolish it. Work is underway. I get your point, simply narrows down to "sprint sucks and I'm going to complain about it." You're not saying anything new in your arguments, same old Sprint can't execute and their network sucks everywhere, though it doesn't suck everywhere. Again, network inconsistency is ubiquitous through all the carriers, hardly a Sprint only issue. Sprint is just scrutinized more for some reason. If the network doesn't work for someone they'll move on to the next one when they can and it'll either work for them or it won't. From a consumers point of view it's as simple as that. By the way, I have money invested in Sprint and right now I'm up, so we'll see where their plans take them.

Dude, I don't know what you have a problem understanding, I seriously dont and I have a real hard time talking to people that seem to hold onto their ignorance with the passion you are displaying. Bottom line is that sprint money problems are not relevant to customers. All they care about is that sprint delivers the services they expect for a price they are willing to pay. Sprint can't do that with out executing on their network.

• Like 2

The worst part about Sprint?  Many current or former Sprint users.  Every day with them is like the first day of Festivus.  The Airing of Grievances 365 days a year.

AJ

• Like 5

Dude, I don't know what you have a problem understanding, I seriously dont and I have a real hard time talking to people that seem to hold onto their ignorance with the passion you are displaying. Bottom line is that sprint money problems are not relevant to customers. All they care about is that sprint delivers the services they expect for a price they are willing to pay. Sprint can't do that with out executing on their network.

You may not understand why people grasp things differently than you do, but just because there is a problem doesn't mean it's always the other person. You seem very focused on the end product without taking into account the steps it takes to get there. This whole notion of Sprint's money problems not being relevant to customers is a prime example. In your last statement, you said that Sprint can't deliver the service at a price point that customers are willing to pay without executing on their network. How exactly do you expect Sprint to execute on their network without the funds to put into the network? As has been stated, Softbank hasn't been extremely loose with it's spare change to enable a heavy flow of cash into the network. That's not the end of the world though. Look at the advancements Sprint has been able to accomplish with what it does have... there is 3CA being tested and once finalized, a rapid rollout similar to 2CA is imminent. This whole end of days and extremely narrow focus on the end product (instant gratification) is why consumers have a hard time giving Sprint a chance. Why make life harder than it has to be? Sprint gives a 30 day trial period to new customers. If Sprint doesn't work for you in those 30 days, you're welcome to try another carrier.

• Like 2

My point has been consistent. I dont get what you don't understand.

I actually travel (used to for work, now only for family visits, at least twice a month), and I find Sprint is as consistent (if not more) than T or VZ.  Granted I don't go into the woods during my travels, but to tell me T and VZ is more consistent is blatantly false.  I can make phone calls, use google maps, or emails.  I don't stream netflix or videos much on my travels.  I did stream youtube without any major problems (a few 3G spots) on my drive from WI to South Florida a couple years back. 

The perception that T and VZ are still A LOT better than Sprint is outdated and just plain not true.  I was a T customer and was done paying them an arm and a leg for 4 lines, with only 2 lines of data usage.  Now I have 7 lines with data usage (and 4x the data) and my bill is only 25% more than T with 4 lines. 

The only complaint  I hear is the VoLTE is not available, but it's not a deal breaker for me.  I barely call and text or call and surf at the same time.  I have music streaming and use google maps at the same time.  

Edited by Hmight
  • Like 2

You may not understand why people grasp things differently than you do, but just because there is a problem doesn't mean it's always the other person. You seem very focused on the end product without taking into account the steps it takes to get there. This whole notion of Sprint's money problems not being relevant to customers is a prime example. In your last statement, you said that Sprint can't deliver the service at a price point that customers are willing to pay without executing on their network. How exactly do you expect Sprint to execute on their network without the funds to put into the network? As has been stated, Softbank hasn't been extremely loose with it's spare change to enable a heavy flow of cash into the network. That's not the end of the world though. Look at the advancements Sprint has been able to accomplish with what it does have... there is 3CA being tested and once finalized, a rapid rollout similar to 2CA is imminent. This whole end of days and extremely narrow focus on the end product (instant gratification) is why consumers have a hard time giving Sprint a chance. Why make life harder than it has to be? Sprint gives a 30 day trial period to new customers. If Sprint doesn't work for you in those 30 days, you're welcome to try another carrier.

First, you are completely misunderstanding my point. I am not talking about my experience specifically, so to say to me I am welcome to choose another carrier is nonsense. If I have used my experiences it is to illustrate my point, which has been about sprint's place in the market place and its future. I don't think the long term prospects for sprint are good if they stay at this level of spending on their network given the there competition isn't standing still. I don't know if they have a choice but it doesn't matter because customer aren't going to take the excuse "we don't have enough money to provide a competitive network". Please work on your reading comprehension skills. Thanks.

• Like 1

This whole "consistent" argument is all relative. There are areas where Sprint has coverage and tmobile doesn't and vice versa. It's an argument that neither side is going to win.

Just weighing in with my thoughts.  I believe the consistency issue with Sprint is related to data speeds and not coverage.

Given Sprint's native coverage along with its roaming partners, there are a whole lot more areas Sprint covers where tmobie doesn't than vice versa.

However, even in my area I can go from 100 mbps download speed on one tower and the next tower down the road only get 5 mbps.  Now to the general user, as long as emails/texts/Facebook/Snapchat/etc. load timely they may not notice a difference.

• Like 1

Just weighing in with my thoughts. I believe the consistency issue with Sprint is related to data speeds and not coverage.

Given Sprint's native coverage along with its roaming partners, there are a whole lot more areas Sprint covers where tmobie doesn't than vice versa.

However, even in my area I can go from 100 mbps download speed on one tower and the next tower down the road only get 5 mbps. Now to the general user, as long as emails/texts/Facebook/Snapchat/etc. load timely they may not notice a difference.

I agree at the end of the day the average user could care less if their music is stopping and social media and web is loading in reasonable amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I took the advice here and got in touch with sprint. (Thanks!) I spoke with someone in Oklahoma from some team? Anyways they got all the info from me as well as heard first hand my problems less than a block away. They just called to tell me there is nothing they can do the sector isn't pointing At the intersection I gave them as being closet to the tower..... The map shows the coverage as fair. Basically a wasted my time. She asked to run a speed test which was .82mbps down and .21 up... The tower is operating as it should?? Our connection was so bad I had to call her on my work phone (vzw). No plans to optimize it anytime soon??? Smh I am glad sprint is doing well for those of you who claim it is. Over here things started looking good then just fell off.

oh well there's nothing they can do

• Like 1

I took the advice here and got in touch with sprint. (Thanks!) I spoke with someone in Oklahoma from some team? Anyways they got all the info from me as well as heard first hand my problems less than a block away. They just called to tell me there is nothing they can do the sector isn't pointing At the intersection I gave them as being closet to the tower..... The map shows the coverage as fair. Basically a wasted my time. She asked to run a speed test which was .82mbps down and .21 up... The tower is operating as it should?? Our connection was so bad I had to call her on my work phone (vzw). No plans to optimize it anytime soon??? Smh I am glad sprint is doing well for those of you who claim it is. Over here things started looking good then just fell off.

oh well there nothing they can do

It wasn't a waste of your time. If there's nothing Sprint can do for you to address it in the foreseeable future, perhaps another carrier may better meet your needs. It's how it goes sometimes.

• Like 2

It wasn't a waste of your time. If there's nothing Sprint can do for you to address it in the foreseeable future, perhaps another carrier may better meet your needs. It's how it goes sometimes.

Fortunately I already do.

I wish you could see the proximity of the tower. I never saw a tower that only has a 100' radius that's insane and it's not 120' feet up its only about 40' up at 500' away because the sector isn't pointed directly at me is a reason the service is so bad? That's complete bs! I don't believe a tech actually drove out there.

• Like 2

Now let it be known, anyone who builds a mobile device based on ARM architecture, now owes SoftBank. The sale is complete. http://goo.gl/ecCJNe

We learned that Sprint-owner SoftBank would be purchasing chipmaker ARM back in July.for $32 billion. Now that transaction is officially complete.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Fortunately I already do.

I wish you could see the proximity of the tower. I never saw a tower that only has a 100' radius that's insane and it's not 120' feet up its only about 40' up at 500' away because the sector isn't pointed directly at me is a reason the service is so bad? That's complete bs! I don't believe a tech actually drove out there.

If you are in the gap between two sectors, sometimes it gets real bad. In my old house I was right in the gap, less than half a mile from the site. Two blocks down, perfect signal. Two blocks up, the same. At my location maybe 2 ticks of signal. Inside the house just one. It did not help that the house was constructed out of cement block. Verizon perfect signal, AT&T also, T-mobile, crap. All of them on the same tower. All of them on PCS.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

"...the first gigabit class network and device before the end of the year." Could he be talking about Sprint?

Worldwide, not just the US. My bets are on an Asian country.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm not sure any US provider has a clear path to gigabit. 

T-Mobile only has 20x20 typically in AWS. They have smaller amounts of PCS and then 5x5 of B12. Even with 4x4 and 256 QAM they're maxing out well below 1 Gbps even in Dallas which is their most spectrum rich market. 

Milan said to look at Australia and Telstra as the first. I assume that is because Milan is looking for carriers that can do 3 20x20 carriers and Telstra is the most obvious candidate for it. 

I'm not sure any US provider has a clear path to gigabit.

T-Mobile only has 20x20 typically in AWS. They have smaller amounts of PCS and then 5x5 of B12. Even with 4x4 and 256 QAM they're maxing out well below 1 Gbps even in Dallas which is their most spectrum rich market.

You mean besides Sprint, it's already confirmed that it's possible from the UE stand point it's just a matter of software updates and backhaul on Sprint's 8t8r equipment. Obviously spectrum is a non issue.

The real question would it be economically feasible or even worth feeding 5Gb+ backhaul at the base stations.

• Like 1

"...the first gigabit class network and device before the end of the year." Could he be talking about Sprint?

The "first gigabit class network" will use some combination of experimental and/or LAA/LTE-U spectrum.  Do not look only at licensed spectrum.

AJ

• Like 3

If you are in the gap between two sectors, sometimes it gets real bad. In my old house I was right in the gap, less than half a mile from the site. Two blocks down, perfect signal. Two blocks up, the same. At my location maybe 2 ticks of signal. Inside the house just one. It did not help that the house was constructed out of cement block. Verizon perfect signal, AT&T also, T-mobile, crap. All of them on the same tower. All of them on PCS.

That's just frustrating. The intersection she said is .22 miles from the tower, with a clear line of site it's not the sector because I can't get a strong signal unless I am within a couple hundred feet in any direction. It's just sprint dropping the ball on that one. Honestly what's the point of the tower? A small cell probably has better coverage. She did say she would have the executive services call me.

I did ask about another location in my area that causes most to get rid of sprint.... No plans to do anything.. The area which I speak of is a very high traffic plaza with shopping/gyms/ and other businesses and sprints signal is well unusable. Oh well, disappointed but not surprised.

• Like 2